Neat Digit forum

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Re: NeatDigit firefox extension

Hi all, I have updated the extension with new version 2.52. Following are the version changes :

* Updated Ad-Block for blocking new realmedia server ad on digit forum.

Download link : *addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11096

Please leave your comments on the mozilla page for the extension so it can be approved by Mozilla reviewers. If its approved then users wont have to login to mozilla website to download the extension and users will be notified of updates automatically. Currently its in sandbox waiting for approval :) .

@gx, I will see if i can convert this and make a chrome extension. Lets see if its possible :)

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hi all, I have updated the script to new version 2.52. Following are the version changes :

* Updated Ad-Block for blocking new realmedia server ad on digit forum.

Download link : *userscripts.org/scripts/show/34010

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian

awesome work........!!!!:cool:

[offtopic]
@tarey_g
btw, where do u work ?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

@pr.itdude, Pune

@gx , i think to convert this extension for chrome I will have to rewrite the code. For convenience i had used some Firefox only functions due to which its not working with other browsers :( . i will do it when i get time, i think I can make this work with Opera and Chrome.

Please add the forum navigation (forum>>section>>subforum>>thread) links to bottom of page too, below quick reply. Makes navigation easier.

And the thread title is not linked in forum navigation. So if I am on a thread which goes blahblah/showthread.php?p=xxxxxx#postxxxxxx I can't convert it to a thread link (blahblah/showthread.php?t=******).

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Thanx MetalheadGautham for the suggestions.
I got the point 1 but can you explain point 2? I think i can make these changes easily.

See top link. It says Digit's Technology Discussion Forum > News > Technology News > NeatDigit firefox extension. Notice that the thread title does not link to thread URL. I just want it to link to thread URL not only on reply page but also on normal thread viewing page at all times.

And see if you can fix the quick reply issues.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

NeatDigit forum Firefox extension Version 2.53,
Some good changes this time :)

* Fixed the issue when users were getting 'strongTag[1] undefined' error on certain(edit) pages. To avoid this I had previously put a temporary fix to exclude features on edit pages. Now the issue is fixed and users need not to exclude the features on those certain pages, hence the option to enable disable the same has been removed from settings panel :).

* Included enhanced breadcrumb bar functionality as per suggestion from 'MetalHeadGautam', now the navigation bar consists of the thread name with link appended at the end of bar.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/3450547186_febf3c1a6b_o.png

same bar is provided below the 'quick reply' box on a 'thread' page

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3416/3450464196_5077b1b60e_o.png

and at the bottom of the page(above time label) on other pages.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3450464192_c0121dd515_o.png

By default this option will be 'enabled', but the user can enable/disable from the option added in the settings panel.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/3450464200_7f7f1f6e6d_o.png

* corrected some spelling mistakes, :p .

The extension can be downloaded from following location :
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11096/

Please leave your comment on the Mozilla page too so the extension can come out of sandbox. :)
Hope you like the new version.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Reached 500 downloads :), 45 daily active users ..not bad.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2456/3569168009_9f3787ffc6_o.png

more stats : *addons.mozilla.org/en-US/statistics/addon/11096

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

@tarey_g,
I've not installed ur extension in my office. I'm able to see everyone's avatar, but in my home pc, I've ur extension enabled and no avatars show up.

Check ur extension again. I guess after changing servers they have upgraded some properties files too (have not much idea, but something must have changed), cause I had to apply Aardavark and RIP here in office PC to rmove ads again.

My analysis may be wrong, but its ur extension which is only difference in my home and office PC's firefox.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Rhitwick, thx for the input. I disabled the extension and checked the pages but the Avatars were still not visible . I tried it on IE too still avatars were not visible . I think this is some problem from digit's side. The images you are able to see in your office may be from browser cache. Try clearing the cache and check.

I have tried it on my side , if someone else can confirm this then it will be clear. If needed I will update the code of the extension.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Rhitwick, thx for the input. I disabled the extension and checked the pages but the Avatars were still not visible . I tried it on IE too still avatars were not visible . I think this is some problem from digit's side. The images you are able to see in your office may be from browser cache. Try clearing the cache and check.

I have tried it on my side , if someone else can confirm this then it will be clear. If needed I will update the code of the extension.
Checked in IE, and u r right. In IE they were displaying as broke.
Guess what, if cache is d reason, I'm not gonna clear it...:p

axxo

99.9% Idle

not sure where am going wrong, greasefire didn't detect this script, hence I manually installed from userscripts.org, enabled but the script doesnt seems to work for me the ads getting displayed in the right side. I'm on firefox 3.0.10. any clue what to be checked?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

Was it working for you previously ? If the script is not working then you can download the extension, easier to implement and tested by many users.

I have uploaded the updated version of script on userscripts, you can try that too.

Top Bottom