Narendra Modi invited to speak at British Parliament.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Nearly 10 months after the British government warmed up to Narendra Modi, the India groups of the country's two main political parties have invited the Gujarat chief minister to visit the UK.

The ball was set rolling by the Opposition party's Labour Friends of India when its chairman, Barry Gardiner MP, sent a letter to Modi last week inviting him to the House of Commons to speak on 'The Future of Modern India'.

"The invitation is a culmination of several years of engagement between senior representatives of the Labour Party and Narendra Modi," the Labour MP for Brent North said.

"I am sure people in the UK and indeed the international community would be very interested to meet and hear what Narendra Modi has to say first hand. He is a politician who cannot be ignored.

Source : Modi gets invitation to visit UK, to address House of Commons - Hindustan Times

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Some lobbying going on in the background, I guess. A recent report did put a decent dent in his development claims and I never heard him or BJP counter them.

PS: Neither am I a Modi hater nor Rahul supporter. Pretty neutral guy who doesnt even have a voter ID :)

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
NDTV anchor Nidhi Razdan slammed by British MP Barry Gardiner for questioning the Indian Supreme Court on Narendra Modi. The MP was quiet surprised by the news anchor's comments on Modi, and got angry when the anchor tried to abruptly end the interview when MP began to slam the anchor.

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
^ That was *BEAUTIFUL*.

Today, the trending topic on twitter was 'Nidhi Razdan', with people slamming and expressing disgust over her. Still trending at this time on last. She made the interview even more controversial by saying that "we have the right to question Supreme Court", for which the MP replied, ".. It seems that you have absolutely no respect for your own Supreme Court.."

Last edited:

Renny

Padawan
Good for Modi.
But screw the Brits - those damn colonialists are no longer a world power.
Everyone knows that all the mainstream media channels are in the congress'es payroll - MediaCrooks

Hrishi

The country is waiting for his speech more desperately than mannu's speech on 15th Aug.

roypurohit

Broken In
In video, did you noticed that, when British MP started commendation of NaMo, Nidhi interrupted him and started disparages of NaMo...

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
What will he say there? "Mitron....

He gave his first 10 min of speech in telugu during a BJP meeting in Hyderabad.hes not that bad.! :clap2:

Even if you try to say, its his trick to gain support in the unstable Andhra Pradesh, nobody ever has tried that recently,so he's better than them. :hitman:

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Saw the video and was amazed by the journalist. I for one can't understand why can't they let anyone speak. Its ok if you don't want to listen, but thats a courtesy you are supposed to show to anyone whom you have invited ( an that too on national television) to talk to. I believe he didn't ask them to take his interview by them, they themselves called out to him.

Where the F`~K is the humanity in this ? Is this what we are supposed to teach our kids and youngsters ? Is being loud and rude take precedence over what is right ?

Nidhi Razdan vs Barry Gardiner: A spectacle of shamelessness - Firstpost

Read the comments. The article is same as the interview.

The thing that amazes me is the way these idiots sway the people. My dad retd. Army Personnel seems to be in awe of arnab goswami cause he never lets anyone speak, and was I surprised. We did had an awesome one on one after that and I was happy that he did understand what I was trying to tell him, but boy was I amazed by the statement made by him.

Last edited:

¶§Ç

Broken In
Nadander Modi dont have Passport to Go British Parliament... Our Government Had Cancelled his Passport right???

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Nadander Modi dont have Passport to Go British Parliament... Our Government Had Cancelled his Passport right???

Cancelled for what? He is a democratically elected chief minister of Gujrat, and the head of election committee of BJP. Those MPs have invited him to give a lecture on 'Future of India', and they do not smoke weed in their parliament so they will invite him without him having a passport.

PS - Kindly Google before posting unnecessarily (Google 'how to write names correctly' too. :-D )

Last edited:
Top Bottom