N97 or Omnia or Xperia X1 Suggestion Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
I'm in Bombay right now. I was supposed to get it via eBay but ended up getting one from the UAE.
Yep, you can get pretty much anything within reasonable limits via shipping. I've ordered a couple of Seiko & Wenger dive watches in the past as well as tons of gadgets without a problem whatsoever, although I suppose that ordering an LCD panel from overseas would certainly attract unwanted attention. :) In fact, I just received a brand new set of 2 Panasonic cordless phones equipped with answering machines. The other way around works as well. I frequently sell used cell phones to folks residing in England, Qatar and elsewhere.

The HTC Max 4G is a Yota Mobile exclusive and doesn't offer anything significant over the Touch HD except for licensed WiMax that you can't really use at the moment.

TF3D/Manila has been installed on the Xperia as the default today panel with no problems whatsoever. Devices that run on slower processors can run TF2D (the first iteration that can be found on the HTC Elf/Elfin).

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
Oops! I didn't mean WinMo when I said about TF3D. In fact I've seen myself xperia with TF3D.
I want to know whether it is possible to install something like TF3D/ipod touch music player software(the cool 3D album arts) in OMNIA? If not now, atleast in the future. If not for free atleast at some cost?

After seeing few iPhone 3G videos I really started liking it. But iPhone is completely different and has got many disadvantages.

**If only a WinMo has the same 3D effects as in iPhone3G and is AS RESPONSIVE as iphone 3G with hard glass, it'd turn out to be the best phone in market**

aaaargh - why can't I get a phone with good performance + features. None of the brand's Flagship model meets my REQ :( :(

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
^ You had no problems with customs yet? Or are you getting it through some friend / relative?
Not the slightest bit of problem yet. *touches wood* I would've stopped purchasing stuff off eBay if that were the case.

I get all my things shipped straight to my current address, although I'll admit that I've ordered the 5800XM through a friend who lives in Dubai. He bought the phone and sent it my way after I had paypal'ed him.

emmarbee said:
Oops! I didn't mean WinMo when I said about TF3D. In fact I've seen myself xperia with TF3D.
I want to know whether it is possible to install something like TF3D/ipod touch music player software(the cool 3D album arts) in OMNIA? If not now, atleast in the future. If not for free atleast at some cost?
Nay. Samsung have their own skin on top of MSFT's shitty WinMo, something called TouchWiz or similar. Since the Omnia isn't manufactured by HTC (unlike the X1), the folks on xda-devs seem to have a callous attitude toward modding it.

Coverflow on the iPhone is already available for WinMo devices. Is this what you're talking about?
*www.fashionfunky.com/upload/2008/03/31/wm_face_contact_app_1.jpg

The iPhone is nice but everything besides multimedia is where the fun stops. It's horrendous for typing out long texts. I had the 2G version in late '07 but sold it after a month. It just wasn't good enough as a daily device. The Touch HD matches the iPhone in a lot of departments and then smacks it into oblivion in others.

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
Ya, something like the one you showed in the screenshot. You can even flick through the covers right?

This was the one I mentioned.

*i42.tinypic.com/35bdqg5.jpg

And about the XDA - Only yesterday I got registered in that forum - beleiving I can do something about Omnia. Now I see, why Omnia cant get those good looks. :(
It would've been nice if there were some other developers to get good design for Omnia.

But do you think Omnia H/W has the capability to handle those 3D graphicss?

Last edited:
OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
Atlast - I've found a way to make Omnia look great.
These are the three required softwares.
S2U2 - Unlock the phone like in iPhone
S2P - Music Player just like in iPhone
S2V - Enahnced Image Viewer with cool swipes

The above three apps make Omnia way better than HTC now. Also figured out that Omnia is quite faster when comapred to HTC though it has dedicated 64mb video memory and the battery life of Omnia is double to that of HTC because of 1400mAh battery.

I've devided - I'm gonna get Omnia i900 for sure (99%). I'll wait till Dec 25th / Jan01 / Jan 16 for any big price drops.
But if any new models arrive before that of i900 - I might get into dilemma again.

But AFAIK, the only Touchscreen/HighMP Camera phones that's gonna be releasd soon are

--> HTC MAX 4G (No Flash, only 8 GB)
--> Nokia N97 (Has K/B - which I don't like) - so Omnia is the best soln FOR ME until next Nov, If no newer models are announced to be released sooner than this (of course, many better models will be announced but I dont think they'll be rleasd sooner than the above mentioned models)

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I'm looking out to buy a phone soon. My earlier phone: the class leading N95 8GB
What can replace it?
I was looking for a high-end... slim, large screen high capacity all rounder.
Samsung Omnia fits my bill smack on... 16GB for 36k
Touch HD(with 8GB microsd free) was my other lov... would have been first love... if it wasn't 7k costlier than the 16GB omnia. 7k for .5mm thinner profile, larger & slightly(almost negligible) crispier screen, 8GB loss, no inbuilt xvid/divx play... all this just pulls me to the omnia.
The only thing i didnt like with the omnia is not its fault too... it's mine :(
Well, I "influenced" a friend to purchase the 16GB omnia as it was the best phone i found in market.. and now i just cannot bear that he bought it earlier than me. I WAS THE GADGET FREAK... THE ONE WITH THE BEST GADGETS FIRST.

What should I buy?
Spend 7k more for my uneasiness @ my friend having my year-long-lust!

And.. I believe Samsung will have a better camera than HD,Xperia. Xperia was bulky... tiny screen as compared to the Omnia. I want a size-zero model now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom