N96 with only 950mAh battery???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

a 5mp camera itself will provide u to print A3 size photos.. why u ppl topple over the mp count.... and isnt there a possibility here that innnov8 could be better...in ur n82 Vs k850..all knew what happened... n82 won the race hands down... better to wait and see than declare alliance just cos it carries ur fav brand...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
We are not talking about nokia here.Nokia is still trying to figure out what hit them. Its about SE and samsung. The innov8 is almost 200 euros costlier and even if it takes "better" photos, i am happy with what i get with my money. Btw, if you havent noticed, theres a thread open for camera comparisons.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

i wasnt talking abt nokia either... here also both have a chance... and "Nokia is still trying to figure out what hit them" ... what is this???

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Nokia is still trying to figure out what hit them.

Man the jokes keep coming. :lol: No wonder I keep coming back to this place. It's filled with friggin' clowns! :lol:

As for INNOV8 being costlier, it also offers lot more than the C905, most notably the 8/16gb memory, 2.8" display and Symbian S60 with FP2 amongst others. For all the stuff that it has, it is priced correctly. Despite being more expensive than C905 it is better value for money.

Edburg

In the zone
AFAIK n79/n85 are smart phones and trump the c905 in all aspects except the camera....and even that only wiht higher resolution i dont think people will see the difference in thier paltry 720p resolution monitors...

going for n85/n79 are quoted by krazzy better display
Slimmer, lighter,3.5mm headphone jack,stereo speakers,30 fps VGA video recording compared to QVGA in C905,better battery;and yes, Symbian S60 OS with FP2.
4/8 GB memory card in bundle,ngage,etc

so in the end C905 is all marketing and little substance...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
We will see who has abetter display when they are placed side by side.

Slimmer, lighter?? When did this come up when doing a comparison, let nokia bring out something as slim as the c902 first.
SE comes bundles with the best headphones in the market.I dont see the point of including a 3.5mm jack.
C905 comes with 4gb m2.
Better battery?? gimme a break. Li-ion to Li-pol.. you guys just dont get it..

c905 has everything and easily beats any nokia when it comes to features. If you want to compare smartphone features, compare it to the innov8 and you will know where nokia stands in the smartphone fight at the moment.

And lol.. just coz nokia doesnt have an 8 mp cam phone.. 8 mp is just a gimmick. Get a life nokia fanboys.

Edburg

In the zone
hey listen...i am not against C905 at all...just that other than the camera i find the n79 or so have better features than that...the most important being symbian..

honeslty i dont find much difernece bw 3.2 MP and 5 MP pics in my 720p monitor...but i will go for 8 mp if price difference is not that much...but C905 competes in a hgher segment...so in the upper hand innov8 beats it thumbs down and in lower end i find n79 or such phones better in all features other than the pic resolution...even video resolution...

i gues now u understand me...dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
C905 is not a high end phone. Its an upper mid end phone. The innov8 costs 35k+ while the c905 will cost you 23k. I guess you understand the value of 12k.So the n85 is lower end and the c905 higher end?? ROFL

Btw, by the time ur N85 launches the C905 will be down to 20/21k. The n79 or whatever has symbian and its not a feature.

@g5- The headphones come with an adapater, so feel free to use your headphones. Btw, the adapter also comes with a mic, so you can use it as a handsfree.

Show me Nokia's alternative, or something close to the XPERIA in terms of features and i will eat my hat.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Nokia launched E90 ages ago which was a fully packed handset back then (and still is). It took SE eons to come up with an alternative to it (and one that still hasn't been launched). And now you want Nokia to come with an alternative to Xperia or C905? Nokia doesn't launch phones to just compete with the other trash in the market. They come up with their stuff when they want. And yet they still end up being successful. Maybe SE needs to take some lessons from Nokia on how to make good phones. Then maybe they can save themselves from another major loss. Anyways one more major loss and Sony will pull itself out of the joint venture, leaving Ericsson and all the fanboys out in the cold alone. Then again, some people like to sail in a sinking ship.

Edburg

In the zone
ever wondered y u r the only one supporting SE in every nokia vs SE discussion ??

honestly ever since the intro of walkman and cybershot phones,SE has been lackluster in perofrmnace...and is a sinking ship now

c905 has everything and easily beats any nokia when it comes to features.c905 will cost you 23k
y wud they price a flagship phone for ~22k when they already have other phones at the price point ?? wake up man...face it...even a n78 ~15k is much better other than the camera...

symbian and its not a feature.

dont ever undervalue symbain....u wudnt know about the tons of apps,games,etc

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^yea, Dick komiyama called you up and cried over it.:lol: SE is a 7 year old company and over the years it has done enough to earn a reputation in itself. It has been almost 4 years since mainstream touchscreens were announced in the circuit but its not until now that nokia has come up with a touch phone on their own that has not yet been announced.

Nokias market share is owing to their strong base in the niche market with handsets such as the 1100 and blah balh and the reputation if being an old firm. The k800 and the k810 outsold all nokias in the midsegment, but due to SE's lack of penetration in the gulf regions and lacking lower end portfolio it could not get a better share. In fact, Nokia';s share came down to a startling 31% in 2005 when SE launched itself with the k750 and the W800.

Companies may go through lean phases but breaking a joint venture is never in the scene. Most people comment when a company is doing bad, not one praises when its doing good.

As for your Innov8 comment. C905 is not a smartphone and as per i am concerned it packs evrything that a mid end user needs and shall be placed accordingly. Its not a competition to the innov8 ither. The n96 falls in the innov8 bracket.

y wud they price a flagship phone for ~22k when they already have other phones at the price point ?? wake up man...face it...even a n78 ~15k is much better other than the camera...

dont ever undervalue symbain....u wudnt know about the tons of apps,games,etc

Are you an analyst?? When the C905 launches the C902 and all will drop prices by 2-3k and will be available for the mid end user. The C905 has been offcially quoted at 450 euros and its the pre order price.

And stop those fanboyish comments.I am not comparing a smartphone to a normal phone. Yea and that n78 thing is damn noobish.

btw..i have had a 5700 for 6 months if that answers your last comment, and i repeat symbian is not a feature, its an OS for christs sake.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
It has been almost 4 years since mainstream touchscreens were announced in the circuit but its not until now that nokia has come up with a touch phone on their own that has not yet been announced.

I think you have a short-term memory. Or you just don't know much about Nokia phones. Nokia 7710? Nokia 6708? Rings any bells?

And about what I was talking before about SE, here are some links to reinforce it.
*www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/07/31/sony-ericsson-drags-hard-on-sonys-numbers/

*www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/09/02/sony-chief-ponders-aloud-over-sony-ericssons-future/

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea yea, I run a blog on SE dude.You expect me to overlook these rumours?? :lol:

There was also a rumour on SE buying our HTC..did that happen?? Rumours will just be rumours.If you are dumb enough, you will pay heed to them.

Oh yea, 7710.What a great piece. How come Nokia never managed to repeat that feat.. Touchscreens for the sake of creating a touchscreen doesnt count. Those two were utter crap. And moreover, they made use of UiQ to make it.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yea yea, I run a blog on SE dude.You expect me to overlook these rumours?? :lol:

There was also a rumour on SE buying our HTC..did that happen?? Rumours will just be rumours.If you are dumb enough, you will pay heed to them.

Oh yea, 7710.What a great piece. How come Nokia never managed to repeat that feat.. Touchscreens for the sake of creating a touchscreen doesnt count. Those two were utter crap. And moreover, they made use of UiQ to make it.
Rumours? You call the words of Sony's CEO Howard Stringer rumours? What part of the word 'Rumour" do you don't understand? It's not some nerds discussing in some forum. It's the words of the friggin' CEO!!!

As for 7710, it sold well. But then again it was running Symbian S90 OS. 6708 on the other hand was running UIQ and failed badly. Nokia realised that it doesn't need a touch-screen phone to survive. It's non-touchscreen smartphones were selling well (more than SE's P-Series atleast). The only reason Nokia now launched a full touchscreen phone was to have a competitor to the iPhone. Nokia wouldn't even give a rat's ass about XPERIA as it can hardly do it any damage (if at all the company manages to bring it out before sinking).

SE's future is more or less dependent on the C905 and X1's success. Most people have already lost faith in the company. If these two fail then it's hasta la vista baby.

Edburg

In the zone
@ dreamcatcher....somehow what ever u say just doesnt make sense...

just try answer to the point and not write ur stories..blh blah...

evryone knows which phone excels in features and which is just a marketing gimmick..i am out of here....

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yea, right. SE has a series of phones coming up. Namely, the walkman flagship W902, mid ends like the W595 and the G705 to supplement the x1 and the C905. So please leave yourstupid marketing comments somewhere else.

About What the CEO said, he never generally mentioned that they are going to break on anything. Its just media hype. "joint venture would have to find its own solution " doesnt mean they are about break up or anything. He just made a passing remark and it was blown out of proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom