N96 with only 950mAh battery???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksundar

Broken In
Very Cheap Business Tactic by Nokia.
By releasing N96,a powerful smartphone with so many features & a horrible battery of 950mAh.We need to charge the mobile atleast once in 12 hours.The situation is similar to N95 with poor battery,Later with improved battery of N95-8GB.
So,we can expect Nokia to release N96-24GB or 32GB in a few months with a better battery to make everyone to get by throwing the old one.
I remember a Samsung mobile D780 with basic features & without even 3G has a battery of 1200mAh.
Oh God,save us from Nokia!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Whoa there cowboy! Hold your horses! And put down that gun before you hurt somebody.

N96's battery might not seem all that macho on paper but in reality it is quite adequate. Want proof? Read this:
*www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/7968_First_impressions_of_the_Nokia.php

OP
K

ksundar

Broken In
LOL.....he..he...it is just 'common sense' no need to analyze FP2 or processor with minimal battery drainage.

950mAh is just not sufficient for this Giant! (Even Steve & Nick with their 'Gifts' can say 16.5hours battery life)

Only Time can reveal the Deal???????!!!!!!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ +1. 3.5hr rated talktime is pathetic for such a phone good on features.

Damn. G900 for 20k gives 12hr talktime.

PS: What is the use of having loads of features when you fear battery draining out if you use them.

Last edited:

subir12

Broken In
LOL.....he..he...it is just 'common sense' no need to analyze FP2 or processor with minimal battery drainage.

950mAh is just not sufficient for this Giant! (Even Steve & Nick with their 'Gifts' can say 16.5hours battery life)

Only Time can reveal the Deal???????!!!!!!!!

Please READ the usage before commenting.. if one can do all this and still have power left.. then u got 2 be talking abt some back up.
:eek:

Battery life: one word - IMPRESSED. I took the phone off charge at 6:30 this morning, 16.5 hours later the low battery warning has just come on, during this time:
i) Approx 1 Hour playing YouTube Videos using the S60 browser through 3.5G
ii) Approx 1 Hour general Web Surfing using both Wifi and 3.5G
iii) Approx 1 hour mucking about with settings and navigating menus, etc.
iv) Setup Profimail and synced my IMAP account, 3,200 Emails, approx 400MB using Wifi, 3.5G and GPRS!
v) Downloaded the AAS Podcast, approx 20MB directly on the N96, and played the file using a stereo Bluetooth headset

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Exactly my point. Most people notice the 950 mAh and go berserk, waving their fists at Nokia. But in reality the battery has enough juice to power the phone for more than one day with heavy usage and around two days with normal usage. Of course a bigger battery wouldn't have gone amiss but at the cost of added weight and thickness, I think Nokia did the right choice here.

And please don't quote Sony Ericsson's bullshit battery life figures here; the phones don't even come close to what the manufacturer claims. Nokia's figures might seem low, but atleast they are realistic. SE's figures are like those of the 100cc bike fuel consumption figures. We all know no 100cc bike can manage upwards of 100 kmpl in regular day to day usage. Same is true about the 12 hour talk-time figure.

Last edited:

azzu

AJJU
SE's figures are like those of the 100cc bike fuel consumption figures. We all know no 100cc bike can manage upwards of 100 kmpl in regular day to day usage.
Actually it is possible to Get 100kmpl thru the 100cc bikes and even 125cc Xcide it Depends onthe way u Ride The Bike It may be Difficult In Reality I Agree
Take it Lightly Am not Commenting To Prove Something ;)

Sony Ericsson's bullshit
I Think u can be Moore Polite Here :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Dude we don't buy any bike or cell phone to prove their manufacturer's figures. I would buy my bike to ride from point A to point B, the way I want. Do you know how one has to ride in order to get these mileage figures? These figures are obtained by riding the bike on a test track, by one rider continuously at a particular speed. Only then these bikes can achieve their ridiculous mileage figures. Real world riding is completely different and hence you just cannot obtain these figures in real life.

Same is true about the battery life figures. Under normal circumstances one does a lot of other stuff with their phones than just talk. Hence there is no way an ordinary person can obtain 12 hours talk time with these phones, unless they are attached to a car battery.

azzu

AJJU
^^ Bro bro i was just Tellin it was poss but not tryin to prove anythin
ur right we cannot Get it in General day usage
Just Commentin Take it on lighter side

oval_man

Journeyman
ONe of my friend using E90 says he charges once in 5 days??!!!

If Nokia can give a battery of 1500mAh (BP-4L) to E90 and 1200mAh battery(BL-6F) for N95-8GB,even N82 has BP-6MT (1050mAh)---------->Why only BL-5F (950mAh) for N96?

thread starter is right!

Nokia wants to continuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue it's business.

I

ImAClown

even the 1110 comes with a more powerful battery.. why dont you use a 1.5V battery? they last long.. really long..

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
I saw the review and quiet impressed but if you see this page i was thinking battery backup should have been better than n95 8gb

*europe.nokia.com/A4797549
*www.nokia.co.uk/A4515026

Talk time: up to 160 / 230 minutes (WCDMA / GSM) VS Talk time: up to 210 minutes (WCDMA), up to 300 min (GSM)*

Why i looked for the talktime because it will say how long you mobile stays with extensive use..

Only thing i would say when nokia made this n95 8gb was out and they could have made this a n95 8gb killer so that guys like us would have a definite choice to buy.. quiet lost now.. You know that geek feeling right?

rageahuja

Broken In
well... let's look at the enhancements vs. n95 :)

*www.realgeek.com/nokia-n96-is-better-than-nokia-n95/

storage>micro sd slot for 8gb more capacity>40 hrs of video recording>live tv over dvb-h>sleeker>slightly larger display>fp2>etc

:cool:

subir12

Broken In
Any N96 owners in this Forum,plz give ur opinion regarding battery life!

yup! i just got it.

i also had my initial reservation but i just got it recently.

i charged it for 4 hours and watched 10 music videos of roughly over a minute each, took pictures close to 20, created a trail on sportstracker, browsed for 30 minutes, listened to 5 songs, steamed 3 videos ota and it was only two bars less than full.. so i guess its quite good. i am trying to watch om shanti om full movie at a stretch and will let u know on the back up. soon :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea right.SE's battery life is bullshit.Anyone wants to fight over it coz somehow i manage 3 days out of my k850 with normal usage.

Sorry krazzy, my phone is made by nokia with an SE sticker on top. :lol:

Think twice before making crap posts.Just because you got a w710 doesnt mean that you will start pulverizing the whole SE portfolio. Btw, i have used the phone you are using now.Less said about battery life the better.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yea right.SE's battery life is bullshit.Anyone wants to fight over it coz somehow i manage 3 days out of my k850 with normal usage.

Sorry krazzy, my phone is made by nokia with an SE sticker on top. :lol:

Think twice before making crap posts.Just because you got a w710 doesnt mean that you will start pulverizing the whole SE portfolio. Btw, i have used the phone you are using now.Less said about battery life the better.

I also have a G700 with me, in case you have forgotten. And it lasts no more than 1 and a half day with normal usage. So much for SE's great battery life. Oh wait. Maybe you have to be an SE fanboy. Then the battery probably lasts longer. Although that's something I'll never find out. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom