N96 available for 34,999

Status
Not open for further replies.

subir12

Broken In
finally.. n96 is available for 34,999... though some dealers say it's dependent on dealer to dealer..

if you r in del... u still nd to wait though :mad: they say short on stocks, will be better after friday...

but no such prblm in chennai, bangalore and mum ..

OP
S

subir12

Broken In
finally, i got mine. toying with it, will post abt my first impressions.

whatever said and done.. its fully loaded :cool:

r2d2

Journeyman
^^ There is not much games which are making use of hw 3D accelaration, I guess it will be like that in the near future too because game developers will never release games which will only work on 2-3 handsets at max, but N96 does have hw video accelaration for codecs like H.264, MP4 etc which I guess N95 lacked.

@subir12
buddy can you please test the audio quality of your N96 with some good earphones like creative ep630 (bundled nokia ones are not that great) and tell us how it is like.

OP
S

subir12

Broken In
^^ There is not much games which are making use of hw 3D accelaration, I guess it will be like that in the near future too because game developers will never release games which will only work on 2-3 handsets at max, but N96 does have hw video accelaration for codecs like H.264, MP4 etc which I guess N95 lacked.

@subir12
buddy can you please test the audio quality of your N96 with some good earphones like creative ep630 (bundled nokia ones are not that great) and tell us how it is like.

yup, sure :D

as it is i am on a dry run mode on it since the time i got it. it's actually a nice phone.. after a long time i see nokia covering certain pain points which have been a regular on nseries in the past. :cool:

btw.. the video playback quality is awesome! i am getting some video reviews done.. which i will share with you guys soon.

plan to try em out with some gud external speakers.. will def let u know more.

sorry, i don't wanna go on. but features that i love the most... superb video playback, music output, FP2 rocks, fully loaded of course .. itgot the best of vedios and apps - its like a library of widgets. :D

@subir12

buddy.. seek some clarification :p

i m not very clear.. so just wanna know the difference... nokia is running this thing for n96 where u can SMS MAZE to 55555 nd get d marbel maze game which is a 3d sensor based game. nd it works wonderfully.

isn't this due to n96 having 3d accelerometer? so.. in that case it does have it inbuilt in..

pardon me.. if i am way off.. just trying to understand :cool::D

Last edited:
OP
S

subir12

Broken In
3D accelerometer and 3D acceleration ?? Hmmmm..

i guess i goofed up somewhere..

so.. i guess 3D acceleration is basically abt 3D graphics capability vs. 3D accelerometer :) which is essentially abt motion detection..

is that correct?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
i guess i goofed up somewhere..

so.. i guess 3D acceleration is basically abt 3D graphics capability vs. 3D accelerometer :) which is essentially abt motion detection..

is that correct?

We are discussing about Hardware video acceleration. Think of it like a video card, same like the one inside your pc but just a miniature version.

While you are talking about accelerometer, which senses motions & reflects it in the interface or helps you play some interactive games like the one you mentioned.

r2d2

Journeyman
@subir12
By hw 3D accelaration I mean hardware 3D graphics not the motion detecting accelerometer.

OP
S

subir12

Broken In
We are discussing about Hardware video acceleration. Think of it like a video card, same like the one inside your pc but just a miniature version.

While you are talking about accelerometer, which senses motions & reflects it in the interface or helps you play some interactive games like the one you mentioned.

thanks buddy :)

OP
S

subir12

Broken In
My First Impressions on Feature Pack 2 on n96

Timed profile

You can time ur profile before u activate it. E.g. if you want to enter into meeting mode, select timed from option and you can enter the time u want ur profile to expire.

Its simple and v useful

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/medium/0371/427758110ccc4f7180af7f6344302730.jpg

Multitasking

You can use show open apps feature to see number of apps u r using at a time. You can choose to go the menu from there and open up more apps or choose a running app and select exit.

Honesty I have tried 7 apps at a time. Video playback, music playback, browsing, sms, playing a game, camer and video recording and it works perfect.

It’s nice for perforiming multiple apps.

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/medium/0371/d728758aa22c4aa2abb2f35f42c265cb.jpg

:p:D
:razz:

Scorpion

Journeyman
Any chance its price comes down a bit once N85 gets released here?

By the way, is the auto-rotate mode present? i.e., screen potraits if u turn d fone horizontal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom