N95 or SE W960i or E90 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
it should stabilse otherwise not may ppl will buy it. and i dun think asking a high price for 8gb memory is justified. that has become real cheap now. considering today's world and media requirement, 8gb is meagre storage space!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...8 GB increases the price. Why can't SE release a version with only 1 GB Memory + Memory card. Not only this will be cheap but also more flexible. Not everyone needs more then 1 gb or 512 MB memory.

K

krazyfrog

Had it been a hard drive as in N91 8gb (20k) it would've been cheaper. But its flash memory. iPod Nano 8gb still costs 15k despite only playing music and images.

Pathik

Google Bot
The n95 8gb ll be priced heavily... 8gb flash memory is very costly...
i think they may use samsung's nand flash chips.. Still i hope that after the release of the 8gb version the price of the standard n95 ll drop below 20k... fingers crossed :D
Also the whole thing is just a rumour based on this...
*nds.nokia.com/uaprof/NN95_8GB-1r100.xml
So dont pin ur hopes on it..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i do not understand one thing. how can 8gb flash memory be heavily costly when it comes to phone? the same nand memories are used in flash drives (commonly called pen drives).. and the speediest of the 'pen' drives provide the same transfer speed and reliability (life time) when used in a phone while the price is peanuts! i fail to understand the logic.

faraaz

Evil Genius
I think Transcend is retailing at what ... 4 K ?? Its been a while since I've been in the market...but you have to understand, that a pendrive is a discrete storage solution. Integrating the flash memory into a phone keeping in mind its functioning in conjunction with the other subsystems integrated in the phone tends to increase costs. But however expensive that is, anything over 25 K is exorbitant for this phone.

Pathik

Google Bot
faraaz said:
I think Transcend is retailing at what ... 4 K ?? Its been a while since I've been in the market...but you have to understand, that a pendrive is a discrete storage solution. Integrating the flash memory into a phone keeping in mind its functioning in conjunction with the other subsystems integrated in the phone tends to increase costs.
exactly my point..

alansmith33

Right off the assembly line
Seen a 4gb microsd card on memoryking.com for £29.99inc vat...
if you type the voucher code "MICROFREEDEL" then you get free shipping...

*www.memoryking.com/mall/departmentpage.cfm/MemoryKing/87875/1/1

total price £29.99 inc vat & Delivery

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
@pathiks
there is a N95 8GB
*www.popularelect.com/product_info.php?products_id=648

w960 is the best but are you sure its out yet

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ There is news that it ll be released in Q1 2008... but no official news yet from nokia.. so no n95 8gb
also yea w960 isnt released yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom