Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushik

Broken In
Ok! N91 4GB is really cheap now. N72 is good value for money at 9.8k. 5700 is cool. How do one decide? My preference will be ability to use lots of software. I read an article long ago about N91 using a newer updated version of symbian and hence became incompatible with many existing third-party programmes. What is the situation now? Which one should I go for? Also does it mean that a hard-disk based phone will be more prone to damage from fall?

K

krazyfrog

N72 has an older version of symbian while 5700 and N91 have the newer version. The older version has more apps for it now but the app for newer version are catching up soon with most major apps being available for both oses. The hard drive in N91 can only be a problem if you're a rough user. Otherwise it gives no problems. All things considered i'll suggest you go for 5700.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
aaahhh, i see many people are mentioning 5700... on this forum ?????? got to hav a hand on the phone now.

OP
K

Kaushik

Broken In
I read up some discussions. I find 4GB in N91 tempting (the max i can go out with 5700 is 2GB). Suggestions?

Pathik

Google Bot
most of the software bugs were removed wit the new firmware.. But still its heavy and can literally take ur pants down.. :D also too much metal aint good.. Nd the hdd is prone to crashes

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Naah not mch of a wonder since i already have had my share of shocks when i got SE P800 for about 32000 with a massive 16 MB card :D in class 9th or 10th while my friend got the same for 7K last yr ! (Second hand) ;)
Similar case with my N 70 last year !!

BTW i had a problem in my N 70 and during the 2-3 months i had to do rounds of nokia service center to get my phone replaced, i got to know something intresting.
They used to take these N series phone on a special counter and there i could only see users of N 91 (almost 90 %). I had to talk to manager regarding my phone's replacement, so interacted with him a few times and then we developed a friendly tie then he told me that N 91 was the phone which had the most aggrieved customers in premium phones category !!!

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
i would suggest 5700 it has symbian 9.2 the newest
n72 is cheap but outdated and no 3G
n91 is sort of like 5700 but it's much more bulkier and the monitor is smaller

anyways you can also choose something like SE W650i or W960i
in fact W960i is a great phone

OP
K

Kaushik

Broken In
If size is not a concern and since i really do not intend to watch videos, same goes about the screen, where does N91 stand?

Go for 5700, it packs in a bose headphones or something.
But never go for a n72, cos:
-no 3g
-you'll have to use the earphones they provide. no adapter.

you can also try n70me. A better option. It doesn't have the above problems. pretty good music quality.

dtox

The Techno Perv
^^not bose but phillips' head phones.. which r very good.. way better better than nokia's! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom