N900 Screen Protector

My N900 screen is a fingerprint magnet. Is it really worth to spend 450 bucks for a screen protector?

Fingerprints isn't a big concern but I don't want any scratch to happen to the screen.

1) I am not sure if there is already a plastic sheet that is covering the screen whe it is shipped?

2) If I purchase a protective screen, will it alter the accuracy of the touch screen?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
investing in a good screen cover is not a bad idea at all.

now having an experience of iPhone, I can tell you that it doesn't affect the accuracy but in due course of time the film gets darker. when I checked the screen protector after around 8 months it looked like an xray film...literally :O but the screen of these mobiles is so bright that we actually do not experience much difference :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
do get a screen protector but 450 bucks is too much. you can easily get one for a 3.5" display for a max of 100 bucks. Having screen protector will not effect accuracy of touch input.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
OK these Nokia Dealers are selling this screen protector for 450 bucks. So if I get a duplicate one for less, will it cause any harm to the screen?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
it will cause no harm but it will not be durable. could get off very easily (due to air/water/heat)...those sold at dealers (read expensive) not only hold good, but could be reused (I personally tried that...it is washable and it sticks to the surface again)...

beware of the cheap ones...if it gets off at any corner of your mobile screen, it will invite dust particles to accumulate which will eventually cause damage...I bet you must have seen such cases...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
So, a good screen priotector, will it be available in T-Mobile for reasonable rates?

I didn't know you live in the USA...! when you said 450 bucks, I thought you were speaking INR....
anyways, in the US you will find much better accessory at much lower rates...

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
I didn't know you live in the USA...! when you said 450 bucks, I thought you were speaking INR....
anyways, in the US you will find much better accessory at much lower rates...

No I live in new dellhi and you can find numerous T-Mobile stores in delhi itself

Top Bottom