N81 8gb and N81 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

neerajvohra

Banned
I proofread my posts atleast twice before hitting 'Post Reply'. So chances of a typo are quite few and far between. I meant that the standard N81 supports up to 32gb max microSDHC cards. But right now only up to 8gb cards are available in the market. The phone itself comes with a 2gb card in-box. :)

Hey guys !! already purchased the n81 2gb as recommended by krazzy !! my fri is not geek to install stuff.. so I am installing all the apps..I lyk the ngage stuff a lot and hacking OS to install unsigned applications ! cool device !

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
very good choice .. now ur not just limited to 8gb .. u can go upto 32gb as & when those cards are available ..

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I proofread my posts atleast twice before hitting 'Post Reply'. So chances of a typo are quite few and far between. I meant that the standard N81 supports up to 32gb max microSDHC cards. But right now only up to 8gb cards are available in the market. The phone itself comes with a 2gb card in-box. :)
My bad, I didn't read the post carefully.....Actually, I was having dinner at that time thats why. :)

Tamoghno

Padawan
^ Isn't the expandable memory limit 8GB?

Actually officially its 8gb. But fp1 devices support 16 gig with no problem. So n81 should support 16 gig with ace and eventually upto 32gig.

I think it depends no supporting filesystem. N81 supports fat32 with itself is limited to 32gig. The phone which support <4gig user fat .

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
From what I know, when you support upward of 4gb, then you can right upto 32gb. Reason for this is 4gb and above are classified as High Capacity, which goes all the way upto 32gb. So when a device supports 4gb and above, it automatically supports High Capacity standards, and since High Capacity goes all the way till 32gb, then the devices limit also goes upto 32gb. So even if the manufacturer claims support upto 8gb (most likely because Nokia itself manufacturers memory cards upto 8gb only), the device can support upto 32 gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom