N73 keeps on restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
While using my N73 Camera, it just hung up and froze. It could not be turned off nor would any of the buttons respond, so I had to remove the batterycell and then restarted it... On starting it, it switched on and then turned off , then by itself switched on again n then switched off n this keeps on happening until I remove the batterycell again... this is the first time this has happened, I just dont know wat I should do about it, Do help urgently Guys...
thnkx :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Press and hold the green Call key, the * key and the no. 3 key simultaneously while starting the phone and keep them pressed until the phone starts. This will format the phone memory erasing all the data on it but atleast your phone should start.

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
thnkx for ur quick reply :)
Isnt there a way to save my address and SMS and then do the formatting ? or should I take it to the service center n let them upgrade the firmware ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
thnkx for ur quick reply :)
Isnt there a way to save my address and SMS and then do the formatting ? or should I take it to the service center n let them upgrade the firmware ?
If the phone doesn't start at all then there is no way you can backup the contacts and messages. If you take it to the service centre they'll either flash the OS or upgrade the firmware, both of which will result in the phone memory getting formatted. So better if you do it yourself.

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
no , I dont use any other memory card than the one I have...
anyway the problems solved, the service center upgraded the firmware...
lost all my data, it seems their policy is not to save the data even if they can...
anyway I'm just happy the phone is alright and was just a minor problem...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You can retain your SMS if they are located in your memory card. There is a folder inside the PRIVATE folder which has the SMS's.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
My friend had a similar problem and the service center people said that it had a virus and hence they formated the phone and since then its working just fine. So I'm guessing it might be virus. Be careful when you transfer anything from someone else's phone or the Net.

Peace out.

channabasanna

In the zone
You can retain your SMS if they are located in your memory card. There is a folder inside the PRIVATE folder which has the SMS's.

Hey Cool G5, can i know which is the folder in which i can find the SMS. I want to copy the older Messages which are in my PC, back to my mobile.

I even had created a post in one of the forums, regarding how i copy my SMS in PC to Mobile. Some one had suggested that they can be copied using PC Suite version 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom