Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tinku dhar

tinku dhar

In the zone
REDspot said:
yup U guessed it right .

Could not see a fellow ngage user in trouble so in came my first post .if any further help is required i would be watching this space.

hey REDspot,

thnx mate ,, :roll:

hey yes there is less people in this thread (comin)
and ofcourse we can talk of our prob......

regards :)

OP
tinku dhar

tinku dhar

In the zone
Redspot,

hey actually i got a prob.
when i install the app. (oxford dict) in my fone through the mmc reader everything is fine in my mmc ...............

but when i install this app (first it saves in fone memory )and it takes 1.18 mb and left is bout 1 mb of fone but still it says memory low ????????

wht to do (how much memory ) does this app. need for futher installation ???????????

OP
tinku dhar

tinku dhar

In the zone
hey red,

size of the app is 1.18mb and the fone free memory is now!!!
2909kb tht means 2.90mb

if u want to try this app. give me ur mail id i will send u

REDspot

Broken In
Sorry for not posting for so long;I had my board exams and was busy studying

Well I found the solution ,if you are still interested:

n-gage does not have enough free memory to decompress the software. so you have to unpack your application and place the contents of the system file it extracts into the systen folder and the one in the documents folder in the documents folder of the memory card

A software I found out is unmakesis

*www.atz-soft.com/unmakesis.html

I used it to unpack avantgo and oxford english pro dictionary both are working fine ,though avantgo's installation is a bit complicated you would have no trouble in in installing the dictionary in your phone.

Additionally you would need a a dictionary viewer like msdict to view your dictionary ."Msdict 1.30" is the compatible version for n-gage.

I recommed installing the msdict first from:

*www.mobi-systems.com/products.asp?PlatformName=SymbianOS

Hope this post will benifit you and other n-gage users. :idea:

ps:I saw what bad_bad_man did in the forum and was shocked. Though i dont post often ,I regularly log on to the forum and am greatly thankful to the forum users for the knowledgeful threads they start

OP
tinku dhar

tinku dhar

In the zone
hey REDpot....,

gr8 buddy..... but can u plz e-mail .... me the file tht i need to install in n-gage QD coz its difficult to search... here in the link .... and also ....give steps to make it happen......

(linkintinku14@yahoo.com)

regards:)

REDspot

Broken In
UnMakeSIS:

*d.turboupload.com/d/86183/UnMakeSIS_0.21.exe.html

Msdict1.30 :

*rapidshare.de/files/8841246/msdict.viewer.v1.30.s60_code0_galli.sis.html

OP
tinku dhar

tinku dhar

In the zone
hey red,

i extracted the sis ..... file now they gave system folder..... with 2 sub-folder..... and inside more .... files ..... now wat to put were .... can u say buddy????

REDspot

Broken In
Install MSdict in the normal way using your phone' application manager

and use the unmakesis to extract the files of the dictionary

Then put the contents of the folder it generates in the folder of the same name in th e: drive i.e if the folder generated is "system" then put the contents in E:\system or is the generated folder is "documents" then put all the contents of the documents folder in E:\documents.

Here E:\ is your memory card . I assume you are using a memory card reader to do this.

OP
tinku dhar

tinku dhar

In the zone
hey red,

its just worked ........ but hey no ..... word's its just a viewer were to find...... dict..... word's and its not fullversion????

REDspot

Broken In
there are a few free dictionary bases available in mobi-systems website, if you want you can download them .

Here are the links :

Acronymic Dictionary for MSDict Viewer (S60)

*www.mobi-systems.com/product-info.asp?ID=432

Explanation Short Dictionary for MSDict Viewer (S60)

*www.mobi-systems.com/product-info.asp?ID=441

Irregular Verbs for MSDict Viewer (S60)

*www.mobi-systems.com/product-info.asp?ID=435

moshel

Padawan
steelwin said:
this could not solve my problem it doesn't format the mini sd card given by the mobile manufacturer. i think there is a catch in formatting the sd card

i am guessing u got a game card with ur ngage QD i got crash nitro karts game with my ngage QD. and sorry buddy u wont be able to format that card. its like a game CD u cant format an original game cd or even a cd which u have already written on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom