Mysql Installation Problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hello all..

I am learning Php, Apache & Mysql on my own.. So d/l all 3 and successfully installed Apache and Php and both works fine..

Now i want to install n setup or configure Mysql.. but i am unable to do it.. i d/l this version mysql-5.0.16-win32.zip..

and installed it successfully cing some e-books.. but i am unable to start the server.. I use Win XP..I get some errors like Unable to connect to database..
Keep the Port opened..

tried a lot but culdnt.. so can any1 giv me step by step process to start the server.. i am gonna use mysql for just learnin process.. please help.. TIA

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Are you installing PHP, MySQL, Apache separately as individual packages?

You'll be better off with installing XAMPP
*www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

It has everything bundled in single package.

Baroon

Broken In
The connection to database is via TCP/IP protocol. If this type of error occurs then either server is not installed or started properly. If you are using SP2 on windows XP then firewall must have blocked this port and therefore the client is not able to connect to server.

In my opinion, the best way to solve this is by uninstalling mysql and then install it again. Moreover try using Mysql Administrator and Mysql Query Browser for client operation (all these can be found on mysql site.)

Some Info for Mysql database :-

1. Mysql automatically open TCP port 3306 for clients. This is default and must not be changed while installation.
2. Use root accout for connecting to server. You may password protect root account while running installation.
3. The account info required to connect to Mysql server via mysql administrator or mysql query browser is as -

Server Host : localhost or 127.0.0.1
username : root
password : nil or whatever you have specified for root

Hope this might help u out. :wink:

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
@GNUrag

Ya i am installing it as a separate package.. will giv a try to xampp.. thnx..

@Baroon

I hv installed SP1 and not SP2.. still it says connection 2 the db cant b established.. will try usin root accnt 4 conn.. hope this works.. thnx

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
still i hv the same problem.. i hv a successful installation.. services installed and started and settings applied perfectly.. buut dont knw how to start MySql..

Whn i use command line to issue any command it says could not connect to database.. wat to do.. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom