My Thread Vanished !!! Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
This is why.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/140534-market-section-bazzar-section-rules.html#post1393521

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/13...ar-section-rules-updated-20-april-2011-a.html

ico said:
7. *Pictures along with your name + date written on a piece of paper.

manistar

Broken In
It would be lot better if threads against Rules are marked giving oppurtunity for posters to correct. It will also spread awareness and clarity on rules.

for example
My post on FFMPEG hosting was deleted recently i dont know why.. even after reading the rules like 5 times

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It would be lot better if threads against Rules are marked giving oppurtunity for posters to correct. It will also spread awareness and clarity on rules.

for example
My post on FFMPEG hosting was deleted recently i dont know why.. even after reading the rules like 5 times

Selling services are not allowed. Generally considered as advertisement.

yeah thread can be locked instead of permanently removing it

Ya, we tried that, but that didn't help.

Anyway let me discuss this matter with Super Mods and Admins.

@asingh What do you think?? Should we try the procedure again?? May be we'll close the thread with the reason posted and if that's not been resolved within 1 week we'll trash it.

And for every members participating in bazaar section, I again suggest you to read the rules before posting anything. Max. members still skips the sticky rules thread.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When I posted here first time I think there was no RULE of writing my name on a piece of paper! That might be a new rule and may be that's why mine got deleted. Anyway doesn't matter as the item sold anyway :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Selling services are not allowed. Generally considered as advertisement.

Ya, we tried that, but that didn't helped.

Anyway let me discuss this matter with Super Mods and Admins.

@asingh What do you think?? Should we try the procedure again?? May be we'll close the thread with the reason posted and if that's not been resolved within 1 week we'll trash it.

And for every members participating in bazaar section, I again suggest you to read the rules before posting anything. Max. members still skips the sticky rules thread.

1 week is just too much time - 1 day is more than enough I guess ( if somebody forgets to upload image ) but now I have a different thought - if somebody forgets to abide by Bazzar section rules they should not post anything in here at all - so from now on any thread not adhering to the Bazzar section rules will be immediately deleted.

If we can keep up this no one will ever forget to abide by Bazzar section rules before creating a thread / making a post in here.

BTW, we should make some rules for Want to Buy threads as well.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
i looked into bazzar forum. i saw lot of threads with web hosting providers.
so tot its allowed.
Services are not allowed. Webhosting is a small exception if moderators approve it. Example, cyrus_the_virus' thread. I'm approving your thread. :) It is back now.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@ico Sorry, I clicked edit instead of quote. I'm really sorry, in a hurry did that silly mistake and edited your post.

Services are not allowed. Webhosting is a small exception if moderators approve it. Example, cyrus_the_virus' thread. I'm approving your thread. :) It is back now.

Ya I discussed about this thread with @asingh before trashing it.

1 week is just too much time - 1 day is more than enough I guess ( if somebody forgets to upload image ) but now I have a different thought - if somebody forgets to abide by Bazzar section rules they should not post anything in here at all - so from now on any thread not adhering to the Bazzar section rules will be immediately deleted.

If we can keep up this no one will ever forget to abide by Bazzar section rules before creating a thread / making a post in here.

BTW, we should make some rules for Want to Buy threads as well.

Well, I said 1 week, because, many members are not active and don't come online regularly, so we should give them a 1 week time which is enough I guess.

Yup, we should specify some rules and if possible a general template for WTB threads.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@krishnandu.sarkar,ico,asigh,topgear & all other mods: the OP thread seems like he didn't have any idea or intimation that his thread was deleted thats y he posted as "vanished".

if a users thread is trashed or closed are u (mods) not sending an email or PM to the respective user that his so & so thread is closed or deleted due to so & so reasons?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yup, we are discussing on the procedure. Give us some time.

oh then this point is must otherwise in future users will open thread with same title as 'where is my thread gone?" etc :cool:

if a users thread is trashed or closed are u (mods) not sending an email or PM to the respective user that his so & so thread is closed or deleted due to so & so reasons?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ico,

can you tell me please since when we have had it in the rules, that images are required with handle ID+date..?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@asingh I think rather than trashing the thread directly, we should close the thread and with a warning post. That'll remain for 1 week, and if it's not resolved within 1 week, we can trash it.

In this way we can achieve solutions to all the problems I guess.

@Super Mods, Admins Please provide your inputs

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
When I posted here first time I think there was no RULE of writing my name on a piece of paper! That might be a new rule and may be that's why mine got deleted. Anyway doesn't matter as the item sold anyway :)

I think all of your sales threads were on a date after this.
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/TDF_Bazzar_Rules.jpg

The reason why there will not be warnings for incorrect threads:

1. The bazzar section is purely ancillary to TDF. Just an add-on. We do not have the resources/time to notify each member that sales threads are incorrect.
2. The rules are old, people should read before posting.
3. Even if we warn, the window for scope of fraud is still open. So we will thrash without undelete option.

To the rest of the team, who have an issue with this. Please see this as a protectionist procedure for YOU. Not for me or TDF. There is tons of rampant fraud / misdeeds out there for sales of IT products. You just saw the last case where Majesty was banned for lying and pulling off a quick trick.

Yesterday I and Krishnandu spend like 2 hours cleaning up such thread. All were within last 45 days. They were around 45-50 threads. You really expect us to send out notifications for such large number, and then follow up. Heck I do not even read that many threads on TDF in a day.

Reason we will thrash and not lock, a locked thread (incorrect) can be viewed and the fooled buyer can contact via PM. The fraud still happens.

As per us, incorrect sales thread = 100% potential fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom