My system is infected with spyware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
How to remove it? I have Spybot - Search and Destroy. It detects 2search as a spyware in my machine, tells me to remove it, I remove it, but it comes again. :(. Spybot detects the entry in C:\documents and settings\username\local settings\temp\ibho.log. It tells me it is a tracking cookie pointing to some 007guard site.

I also installed ad-aware but it is incapable of removing it. It does not detect it even.:(. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to remove this annoying piece of spyware? It is getting on my nerves.:evil: :mad:

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

I use WinXP with SP2 and with Symantec Antivirus Corporate edition and Cyberarmour personal firewall with all the latest definitions. I am more worried as this is my work laptop.

I have no idea how it got installed.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
allways turn of the system restore when you try to scan for Spyware or Virus...

*www.chotocheeta.com/2007/09/11/turn-off-disable-windows-system-restore/

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
1) turn off system restore
2) Update your antivirus and anti aspyware.
3) Boot in safe mode.......do full system scan with antivirus and anti spyware.
4) If possible do scan at startUp....or do online scan.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
As this is a work computer and I have specific permissions set by the network administrator, I could not turn off system restore. But I have administrative rights. But I found a alternate way around, should have thought of it much earlier. ;-)

I booted in safe mode, used system restore to restore the system to an earlier date, a date earlier than what I suspected the system got infected.:)

Thanks for your replies people.:)

hyde

Broken In
download superantispyware and run it after updating....100% spywares will be removed..coz one of my friend works for DELL and they use this to remove spywares

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
hyde said:
download superantispyware and run it after updating....100% spywares will be removed..coz one of my friend works for DELL and they use this to remove spywares

Dell In India? or in NA? I see they moved up from the Spysweeper (which I hated with a passion!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom