My review of Brothers In Arms : Hell's Highway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hello guys. Back to you with a new review. Been playing this game since quite a while. I have one word "AMAZING". The BEST WW2 shooter I have played. The graphics are great, gameplay is authentic but the best is the story. The story is so great that it beats many other FPSes leave alone WW2 shooters. Lets move on to the review now.

Graphics (8/10) :-
Great work done! Good details present on the characters, weapons and other objects. The cutscenes are made with great care and the facial expressions look very real. The lightning and stuff is great too! There is one flaw with it though, the water. Large bodies of water (rivers, lakes) look like complete POS. Hope they will take care of it in the next game :). Otherwise, great work here.

Sound (9/10) :-
Great sound and amazing voice overs. Some of the best voice acting I have experienced. Apart from that, the ingame sounds are great too. The guns sound like they should and explosions are also decent.

Story (10/10) :-
The story is just mind-numbing. Its so great. Its better than many games leave alone war games. Its unimaginable how the devs fit in such a story in a WW2 based game. Simpy awesome. The story follows the path of Sgt. Matthew 'Matt' Baker and his allies. Telling anything more will spoil it. It shows the turmoil of war and the pain of losing your friends. It displays the hardships one has to face to supress a guilty secret within you. The game is a must play for its story only. There is gonna be a sequel too as it was shown 'To Be Continued' at the end.

Gameplay (9/10) :-
Great work here too. Its basically a squad based action game. You get to control various squads (Base Fire, Assualt, MG Squad and Bazooka Squad). It depends on the missions as to which squad you will get to control. In the beginning you get to control Assualt and Bazooka. Then Assualt and Base Fire. As you near the ending (last 3-4 missions), you will get to control Base Fire, Assualt and MG. The shooting is mostly like a normal FPS with cover tactics like Gears of War and R6 Vegas. You can duck behind an object and pop out and shoot. It works rather smoothly. There are 3 missions in which you get to control a tank. Its great. The tank works flawlessly. The game's physics are good and its nice to see the limbs of the Germans flying :D. All in all, its good. Though it has some flaws. The reloading is very awkward. Sometimes you dont get to see the reloading animation but the weapon is reloaded and sometimes you can only hear the reloading sound and not see the animation. Another on is the grenade system. Its messed up. I was hardly able to throw grenades where I wanted to! But these can be over looked.

Final Verdict :-
Definitly recommanded. It will last for a good time too! Took me 9 hours to complete the SP campaign. The story alone is worth it.

*screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/3943590f571a21d42c31b03e6bc42cfcb5a8b5c1.jpg

*screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/ea226ff0798cbe08ad480c30cb905e3d5f695cb9.jpg

*screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/3ebc1387cff03f84b7d67a8917509992ea22c488.jpg

*screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/3aca5e94eed1074ef067174de94405d966ea87c3.jpg

*screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/2d8d85de469e9e17625d605aed6290ef330d0413.jpg

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

nice review Kpower, and thanx alot for the screenies..

(i hope u wont mind) if i tell mods and shift this to the reviews section.. :)

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^

nice review Kpower, and thanx alot for the screenies..

(i hope u wont mind) if i tell mods and shift this to the reviews section.. :)

I used to post in Reviews section but not many visit it often :). But I dont mind getting it shifted.

Nice Review KPower Mania... Should I call you by your name? :p

Offtopic: Whats going on about that "K" thing? :lol:

I dont mind if you guys call me by my name but this aint the right place to discuss about that 'thing'.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

r u mad??? don't tell me plz. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It's good but COD - yards ahead if not miles. :D

i am not but what about you:rolleyes:.i asked him if its better than it or not as he has given highest ratings to its storyline.
i am not telling that its better than cod4.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Storyline is waaay better than any COD game. You cant compare the gameply part as this is a squad based game and COD4 is a linear FPS.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
i am not but what about you:rolleyes:.i asked him if its better than it or not as he has given highest ratings to its storyline.
i am not telling that its better than cod4.

I know what you've asked for. I actually answered it in artistic way not in simple english. :cool:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Just installed it and when tried to run it, all I get is a blank screen with No Signal message although game is running in the background and audio is available. Tried to see if anything could be done in User's Application Data like DMC4 but no such luck. Any suggestions?
Os is Vista Ultimate x64 and config is in my siggy.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Resolution issue may be? or the refresh rate? Check the .ini config file for what resolution has it accepted by default.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
In My Documents, My games folder is created where BiA's folder resides. Here under Sumac Game>Logs>Launch .txt file exists which contains all the settings but unlike DMC4, changing the res from default 1280x720 to custom one has no effect as at next launch of the game a new launch file is created and old one is saved as backup. Making it a "Read-only" file also doesn't works so really stucked here. :mad:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
In My Documents, My games folder is created where BiA's folder resides. Here under Sumac Game>Logs>Launch .txt file exists which contains all the settings but unlike DMC4, changing the res from default 1280x720 to custom one has no effect as at next launch of the game a new launch file is created and old one is saved as backup. Making it a "Read-only" file also doesn't works so really stucked here. :mad:
Try forcing it into compatibility mode & then set it to run under 640x480 mode to see if it works.

This is a possible solution from another forum:
When the pregame intro video is done...gearbox ect..you get a menu screen that says "click here" to start...press enter. Then press the down arrow 3 times to select options and press enter, then press the down arrow 2 times to select video and press enter....the selected option should automatically be resolution when you enter the video menu...pressing the left or right arrow key will select a new resolution, then press enter...you will then press enter again to confirm the setting after the res changes otherwise it will revert back to previous setting in a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom