My person experience regarding reducing Cholesterol Levels

ajayritik

Technomancer
I wanted to share this personal piece of information regarding my health.
For past 3 years I was battling to get my Cholesterol levels below the borderline to an optimal level but had tough time.
I tried everything like trying to go to gym daily going on GM diet for one week trying to stay away from some types of food but none of these worked for me. Infact the cholesterol seem to have going up than coming down.
So I took the bull by its horns and decided to go off non-veg for 40 days it helped that it was during the holy month before Good Friday so that I can be off meat . Stopped sugar completely which helped me being off from cakes, biscuits.
Reduced intake of whit products like White rice, Maida bread. Reduced intake of Fried foods.
And voila after 44 days of struggle I got my Lipid Profile checked and it came down by whopping 50 points.
I'm so glad for this.
I plan to carry on like this for more time and see how it is.
So guys this is lesson to people out there who want to reduce weight or get rid of any lifestyle ailments.
We don't have to resort to any of these big diet things or bariatric surgery etc.
Infact there is no shortcut to achieve health goals.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Congrats on getting healthy! I guess the key is to eat everything you like in moderation. Cutting out stuff completely only increases your craving for them leading to overeating later.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Congrats on getting healthy! I guess the key is to eat everything you like in moderation. Cutting out stuff completely only increases your craving for them leading to overeating later.

I wouldn't agree more on this .
I think initially there will be challenges since all the way from childhood one has been used to eating white rice , parathas, pooris and what not and added to recent western influence wherein we have Continental concepts Buffets etc coming in.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Was this question for Bikramji or myself?
If it was for me
Weight: 84 Kgs
Height: 5'11"

I was around 90 Kgs when I first found out that my cholesterol levels are above normal in 2012.
your BMI = 25.8

you are overweight now

reduce your weight to around 79Kg minimum

BMI Categories:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

$hadow

Geek in making
Yup I am also 5'11 and weight 82 and my doc still insist on getting it around that 75kg mark.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
your BMI = 25.8

you are overweight now

reduce your weight to around 79Kg minimum

BMI Categories:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
Since I have knee pain I can't do streneous exercises including treadmill or running. Hence my weight loss may take longer time than usual.

axes2t2

I am a cat
You can start eating non veg(home made).Keep the sugar intake to minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I have knee pain I can't do streneous exercises including treadmill or running. Hence my weight loss may take longer time than usual.

BMI isn't accurate.Most guys who are a bit muscular will have a high BMI but they are not obese.

Get your body fat % checked.Get it down around 20%.

Do swimming/cycling if your knees hurt.

No.1 tip

Start consuming Tobacco products. Dont worry, you wont die or get cancer like those shown in the cover/box/case of cigggarettes and gutkha.

All tobacco products kill apetite. They also build up gass which gives the sensation of a full stomach.

Thousands of people suffer badly due to tobacco addiction, but Crores and Crores of people take tabacco, enjoy the goodness of it, and die a natural death in Old age without any disease.

If i eat No. 120 or "Ek Saw Bees" Zarda Paan, i dont feel hunger. Sometimes i completely forget dinner and only the next morning i remember that i skipped dinner

.jRay.

Youngling
Dude gimme your cholesterol hahahahahah,.. Im damn thin
Workout! You'll gain weight.
No.1 tip

Start consuming Tobacco products. Dont worry, you wont die or get cancer like those shown in the cover/box/case of cigggarettes and gutkha.

All tobacco products kill apetite. They also build up gass which gives the sensation of a full stomach.

Thousands of people suffer badly due to tobacco addiction, but Crores and Crores of people take tabacco, enjoy the goodness of it, and die a natural death in Old age without any disease.

If i eat No. 120 or "Ek Saw Bees" Zarda Paan, i dont feel hunger. Sometimes i completely forget dinner and only the next morning i remember that i skipped dinner
This is the worst. Lol

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yup I am also 5'11 and weight 82 and my doc still insist on getting it around that 75kg mark.

I think body frame also matters. Someone same height may not have broad shoulders etc and for him being 75kgs is important whereas someone who is broad shouldered 78 should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestions as on how to gain weight ????

Too be very honest if anybody wants to pursue putting on weight or losing weight loss they should consult a Nutritionist/Deitician first especially if they are way too off from idea limits.
It's mostly your genes which decide whether you will end up being obese, thin etc.
I would strongly advise against people trying to put on weight by eating junk food, oily food.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job op. Stay fit

Eating in a caloric surplus is the only way to gain weight. Exercise regularly and eat a good amount of protein.
So if he eats Donuts, Wadas, Biryani that will help him gain weight healthy way.

- - - Updated - - -

Get your body fat % checked.Get it down around 20%.
I don't think so far there has been any accurate method of finding out Fat %ge in body.
If you know of any which is not so expensive also please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude gimme your cholesterol hahahahahah,.. Im damn thin

I can show you people who are thin and have high cholesterol.
Please don't confuse that people who are fat/obese only will have high cholesterol.
Off course people who are obese/fat have higher tendency to get high cholesterol.
I have seen thin guys having high cholesterol and some of them dying of heart attack.

.jRay.

Youngling
So if he eats Donuts, Wadas, Biryani that will help him gain weight healthy way.

I said eating in a surplus is a necessity for gaining weight, where you get those calories from don't matter once you are already in a surplus anything you eat will make you gain fat.

to gain weight in a healthy way he must EXERCISE regularly and eat a good amount of protein with a slight caloric surplus say 200-300 calories. This will ensure he gains lesser fat and more amount of muscle.

Top Bottom