My PC not getting on

Bibin Abraham

Right off the assembly line
i tried a lot , but pc isnt booting

1) few months ago , it had this problem, but then automaticaly it started.

2) but now more than a month i waited , but the same, pc isnt booting.

pls help.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
WELCOME TO TDF.

WE ARE NOT OMNIPRESENT.

So please give full specification of ur system OR pls updt your signature so that we can see the specs at any point of time.

The last condition before it permanently shuts down.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i tried a lot , but pc isnt booting
please be patient.take your time to explain in detail.

1) few months ago , it had this problem, but then automaticaly it started.

2) but now more than a month i waited , but the same, pc isnt booting.

pls help.

you sit in front of your pc for more than a month thinking that it will start automatically??

OP
B

Bibin Abraham

WELCOME TO TDF.=> thanks for welcoming

WE ARE NOT OMNIPRESENT
. => thanks Mr. NonOmnipresent:wink: for not being so rude, and replying...

So please give full specification of ur system
yup
this PC is assembled one
motherboard is second hand atleast a year and half old
GIGABYTE GA G31 ES2L
RAM- is 2GB
Processor is INTEL 86 ES200 PENTIUM DUAL CORE 2.5GHZ
Got a 5OO gb HDD
guess its Enough, coz problem lies in here....

thanking

The last condition before it permanently shuts down
it was off, i decided to check, it was working( this happened earlier also) then turned of, next day not working....its like sometimes it refuses to work.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
take out the cmos battery for 10 minutes and then re-insert.does that make any difference?? probably try with a new cmos battery too.
make sure the cpu fan is working fine(ie, no obstacles near the fan).make sure the thermal paste on the cpu is not dried out. if yes apply a fresh layer of thermal paste onto the cpu die and check.

OP
B

Bibin Abraham

thanks again
1) CMOS reseting, i already did it, even i shorted the CMOS jumpers CLR_CMOS, to an extreme extent i removed the battery for full day, and even tried to start the sytem without CMOS battery
2) trying with new battery......YES I WILL DO THAT, AND LET YOU KNO
3) CPU fan, atleast visibly it working, i feel its normal speed, but still i have to check
4)thermal paste- yes i allready did it, i applied and tried starting. but in vain

thanks

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
thanks again
1) CMOS reseting, i already did it, even i shorted the CMOS jumpers CLR_CMOS, to an extreme extent i removed the battery for full day, and even tried to start the sytem without CMOS battery
2) trying with new battery......YES I WILL DO THAT, AND LET YOU KNO
3) CPU fan, atleast visibly it working, i feel its normal speed, but still i have to check
4)thermal paste- yes i allready did it, i applied and tried starting. but in vain

thanks

clean the ram carefully, clean the ram slot carefully and try booting. try with another spare stick of ram if possible. make sure the psu is fine. if possible arrange a spare psu. check for any swollen caps on the motherboard.

Top Bottom