My Pc need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzz

Broken In
Hello every1 (my first post here :D)
okies here goes

this is my current configuration
Pentium (D) dual core 2.66 (533 fsb :( )
Intel 965 ryck mobo
1Gb x 2 Transcend Ddr2 ram (800 Mhz)
160 gb hdd sata
80 gb hdd
Sony Dvd-RW
xfx geforce 8800 gt alpha dog editon (512mb)
Vip 400W Psu

okies i know many of the things look mismatched (probably cause i bought them seperately,as per availability of cash :) )

wht i wanna know is,
1) how would you rate this system?

2) Wht all do you think i need to change?? and according to you what should i think about upgrading first?

3) Would it be possible to overclock this mobo to get faster fsb (seeing as how all core2duo are 1333mhz ) if yes, could some1 please explain how or point to a link that will assist me :)

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Why report the post ?

@ Fuzz,
1] You havent mentioned model of your motherboard,without that it is impossible to answer your Overclocking related questions.
2] Your system looks decent
3] You need a better power supply, that 400W is not going to pull off the load from 8800GT and other stuff, instead of risking all your hardwre, get a better power supply.

OP
F

fuzzz

Broken In
Well ravi, i didnt know that the link would get included automatically..
i had posted this same thing on another forum.. and insted of typing it all again,i chose to copy paste.. an seeing as how that was my first post i would have expected a old member like u to explain wht my mistake was(It was my first post here... any ways i got the message)

@dark Lord
its an intel 965 ryck ... i do hope something can be done about it..
err really, that 400W wont be enough ?? Bah! i just purchased it recently... dats more money down the drain ...

@hell
yeah i want to upgade procy,but cant do that unless i can get my fsb up to 1333...

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
its an intel 965 ryck ... i do hope something can be done about it.

u cant oc with that board cuz it doesnt support oc.Intel original mobos dont support oc.
so ur best bet is to get a new chipset based mobo whihc supports oc and a new C2D or C2Q and then oc the hell out of the procy..:)

OP
F

fuzzz

Broken In
Oh man this sux...
so what mobo would you suggest i go in for ?
any1 intreseted in buying a fairly new intel 965 ryck board?? :p

darklord

Cyborg Agent
yes, this price is going on in mumbai, kolkata and some other places, in pune though its still 5700-5800 or so, dont know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom