My PC Case modding......

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@john the ultimate and cool pepe.
Thanks for giving suggestions. I really appreciate that.
coolpepe thnx for that name...i really had hard time finding the photo ;)...
How much would the LED fan cost???
can the plexi glass screwed in..means asking for the fan-fixing....???

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
yugantar88 said:
is loom made up of plastin john the ultimate
Yes the "loom" is made of plastic.

@ wizrulz
The ANTEC LEd fans cost around 400-500 rupees. And yes u can drill holes into plexiglass for fixing fans. But remember one thing, when u mark out the points to be drill, then stick a layer of cellotape from both sided onto the marked spot. This will prevent the glass from cracking.

But if u don't want to buy those overly priced LEd fans, then here is a guide for making those fans yourself: *www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=86855 this is an example. if u could get a fan with transparent fins and then try this mod, the result would be great.

Last edited:
OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@yugantar88
The IDE cable just look fantastic......tell us how u have done it. As for the LED u have used a printed circuit board. So how are you going to use it?

yugantar88

Broken In
I used spiral band which is available at electrical stores or shop where only wires are for sale. And aboutthe LEd m going to power it from PSU , it will work on 12v.
Do u know where i can get the fan grills in mumbai.
Thankx

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Don't know where u could get the fan grills in Mumbai. I know u will using 12v but where are u going to place the LEDs in the cabinet and is it just for illumination or some other purpose?

yugantar88

Broken In
for giving xtra brigtness to other colours as these r the white ones and i already have a green & 2 blue LED fans and I m going to place it on the inside bak potion where the slots panels are there

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Hello, john sorry to say that i am not able to see any of the pics posted by you. Where to click is there any link or you have just paste it in the mail body like yugantar 88 ?

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
no wonder. it was 3 years ago :)

OK. But you are there as one of the partner in that chained discussion . so can you help me out?

i have made up my mind to mod my case. I hve gone through all the discussions that took place three years ago. But without picture i am not able to make a solid idea.

I have a COOLER MASTER ELITE 310 CABINET.

*www.emca4.com/images/Case%20MidTower%20Cooler%20Master%20Elite%20310.JPG
I have already cut the side panel keeping the lower fan portion intact.

Now
Qn 1) Are plexi glass or acrylic sheet and fibre glass euivalent ? I do not know exactly what will be available in kolkata.

After fixing the trasparent thing i will go for some LED LIGHT illumination.

John the ultimate has given no address in kolkata where i can find a readymade one.

what i have planned is: i will buy 24 blue led to make a series.
*www.google.co.in/images?q=tbn:OEdux8ISyDBdoM::www.jaanuskase.com/en/blueled.JPG&h=78&w=104&usg=__E7mCZcKPKRXI0_vflcz2uzbfFv0=

Then i will take one or two piece of wire from a electrical wire commonly used in household fuses.

Qn 2) How to connect that wire with all those leds?. My idea: Connect the cathodes of all 24 leds with one piece of copper wire and the anodes with another one. So now we have to wires, one connecting all the cathodes and another connecting all the anodes. Which side will pass through the resistance (the anode connecting wire or the cathode connecting wire). Also tell me what capacity resistance i should buy and what is the price for that?

Qn3) i want to take the power from the molex connector of my PSU( COLLER MASTER 500W).

*www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/ExtremePowerPlus500-1.jpg

i think i have to use the Peripheral Molex connector. Which side wire(cathode connecting or anode connecting) should i insert through the holes of molex connector and which whole yellow or red?

pls suggest.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
I would suggest you get ribbon wires from some electronics shop. Not sure about the copper wire you are talking about. fuse wires are normally not insulated ie bare wire? Just ask them for simple thin wires for wiring LEDs

*imghost.indiamart.com/data/4/7/MY-754953/ribbonwire_250x250.jpg

For LEDs, you have basically the right idea but it is important to position them right, depending on what you want to do. like illuminate a component like HDD, CPU or a FAN
and then go about wiring after you have determined the positions

here is how to wire the LEDs-
*www.theledlight.com/img-tech/series101.jpg

Molex connector diagram -
*blog.linkshop.com.cn/u/erliwodebao/upload/31188601.gif
*coolcomputercases.com/images/molex_diagram.gif

LED Wiring Guide

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Finally, yesterday i.e. Sunday i have got the Acrylic Sheet in my place. The Shop name is SONALI GLASS situated At Garia beside Bikash Harware. It took 100 Rs for 2ftx2ft.The shop guy is very helpful and cut the sheet according to my need. I have fitted it with Hardener and Resin bought from the same shop for Rs 65 & mixed it into 1:1 ratio (a kind of gum) and kept for 3.5 hrs. It is now looking great.I will be doing the lighting portion on next sunday. I have ordered a dozen of blue LED in a shop at Baghajatin opposite of Ramthakur Ashram. It is a electrical & electronic shop selling computer accessories also. The guy understands my needs and is ready to make a parallel connection. The LED will cost Rs 2 each.

I will paste the picture after the full mod.

Thanks to this forum which made me enthusiast.

Note: Both the places are in South Calcutta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom