My Nexus 4 stopped charging :(

abhidev

Human Spambot
Till yesterday it was charging and working perfectly...but today morning when I kept it for charge...it didn't charge at all. And now trying different solutions from the internet it has drained completely.

I had ordered it from the US and its over an year old now...so out of warranty...also will the Indian LG service center get it repaired for me...also I have my personal data on it...any help ??? :(

Gollum

Collector
All is but lost
you can try to move the plug inside the device or perform a power drain - it might start to work.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
bought a special screw driver set to help me open up the Nexus 4.....tried for several minutes to get the back off but its really difficult to get it off....damaged the frame a bit on the corners :( ..gave up for now...requires a lot of patience...will do it on the weekends :/

Nerevarine

Incarnate
take it to service center, they will repair it but will charge you some money..
My friend's US bought Optimus G was repaired this way

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Successfully opened the phone after almost one frustrating hour scared at the same time that I don't break the back glass....

But....the socket connected to the battery is also fitted with screws and I don't have that effing attachment...fml X(

Gollum

Collector
Successfully opened the phone after almost one frustrating hour scared at the same time that I don't break the back glass....

But....the socket connected to the battery is also fitted with screws and I don't have that effing attachment...fml X(

jusr take to the service center

Gollum

Collector
I don't understand why you would even try to open it yourself. Its not a computer that we can fix our self. But anyway, good luck. I hope it does not cost you a bomb to get it fixed

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Because many have faced this problem and the solution that worked for most of them was to detach the battery and attach it again...but unfortunately I don't have that screw attachment :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom