Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit

Apps
Adobe products mostly Photoshop - runs smoothly no problem

Battery
3 hours Normal usage on wi-fi
1 hour Gaming

Heat issues
Not so much
The fan starts blowing hot air while gaming, apart from that the keys, touchpad, body stays pretty cool
Memory runs out
3GB is not so much runs out of memory if I open too many programs

Multitasking tests
Photoshop CS4+ Dreamweaver CS4 + Wamp + utorrrent + Google chrome:10tabs + msn messenger + window media player
A bit of lag here and there, but I can live with that :nanananana:

Okay enough of the review

Few questions for all the geeky minds here:brainiac:

• I got a single 450GB drive, made the windows recovery discs, So now shall I partition, shrink, reinstall windows 7 again, will the hidden recovery delete all my data if I recovered the system in future?
  • Cannot Run DAP on this may be bcoz of 64bit – any download managers for 64bit?
  • Got preinstalled McAfee antivirus 60day trial - shitty antivirus according to me, any suggestions which one to buy, thinking of buying Kaspersky 1 year for 600INR

Evilcrafter :deadbored:

Last edited:
OP
evilcrafter

evilcrafter

Broken In
Flipkart.com Cooling pad, Gaming Mouse, Mouse pad, Laptop Backpack

Few things I ordered from flipkart.com
1 Mouse Logitech MX 518 Optical Gaming Mouse: Rs. 1399
2 Bags Dell Case Werkz Backpack For 16 Inch Laptop: Rs. 651
3 Mousepad Razer Goliathus: Rs. 449
4 Cooling Pad Logitech N120 AP Cooling Pad: Rs. 800
5 Data Cable Maxell Splitter For Headphones/Earphones: Rs. 186

Snapshots :blinky::blinky::blinky:
*img651.imageshack.us/img651/2042/photo0716s.jpg
*img443.imageshack.us/img443/1606/photo0717z.jpg
*img638.imageshack.us/img638/63/photo0677g.jpg
*img841.imageshack.us/img841/7854/photo0678g.jpg
*img7.imageshack.us/img7/9042/photo0695w.jpg
*img824.imageshack.us/img824/2940/this1ou.jpg
*img846.imageshack.us/img846/9586/photo0718e.jpg

Verdict :reading:
Flipkart: delivery within 2-3 days (Bluedart), cash on delivery, great packaging.
In short awesome experience
Will buy again definitely

Acer Aspire Rocks :owned:
*img266.imageshack.us/img266/7323/photo0712.jpg

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
  • I got a single 450GB drive, made the windows recovery discs, So now shall I partition, shrink, reinstall windows 7 again, will the hidden recovery delete all my data if I recovered the system in future?
  • Cannot Run DAP on this may be bcoz of 64bit – any download managers for 64bit?
  • Got preinstalled McAfee antivirus 60day trial - shitty antivirus according to me, any suggestions which one to buy, thinking of buying Kaspersky 1 year for 600INR

1.Yes, Recovery methods via disks or partitions will format your HD and bring it back to the factory installed state, unless otherwise specified. If you want to install Windows 7 afresh, download Windows 7 Basic SP1 U ISO from digital river via this link (Google for the steps). Install and activate with the key on the back of your laptop and install all the drivers back.

2. Use Free Download Manager (FDM).
3. Buy Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 for around 480 bucks from flipkart.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
2) I think you're using older version of DAP which doesn't supports 64 bit. Try installing the latest version. BTW try IDM (Internet download manager) .Its better anyway.

3) Kaspersky Internet Security is available @ 900 for 3 users. I bought it a week ago. One user is may be 500 or less.

OP
evilcrafter

evilcrafter

Broken In
@Lucky_star
1.Yes, Recovery methods via disks or partitions will format your HD and bring it back to the factory installed state, unless otherwise specified. If you want to install Windows 7 afresh, download Windows 7 Basic SP1 U ISO from digital river via this link (Google for the steps). Install and activate with the key on the back of your laptop and install all the drivers back.

Thanks Lucky_star, you are a life saver..
I cannot find the download link for Windows Home Basic, Shall I download Windows Home premium instead?, I am guessing my Key won't work on Home premium...

Thanks for the help, going to buy Kaspersky Internet Security from flipkart, I forgot flipkart sells antivirus also. :duh2:

@silicon_fusion Thanks mate...

@dashing.sujay Yes may be that was it DAP is running fine now

@Tenida Thanks bro.... :2subs:

max_007

Broken In
Gr8 laptop evilcrafter bro *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/fighting0042.gif enjoy :)
nice wallies to.. :D
genelia *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/wub.gif mila *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/wub.gif(hey..where did you find the last pic??)

OP
evilcrafter

evilcrafter

Broken In
@max_007 Thanks mate :blush:

Link to the wallpaper :wub:

@ArjunKiller, @asingh : Its Mila Kunis:hyper:
She's awesome...
Make sure you watch "Friends with benefits"
:censored:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Thanks Lucky_star, you are a life saver..
I cannot find the download link for Windows Home Basic, Shall I download Windows Home premium instead?, I am guessing my Key won't work on Home premium...

Thanks for the help, going to buy Kaspersky Internet Security from flipkart, I forgot flipkart sells antivirus also. :duh2:

Oh!, I forgot about that. Windows Home Basic is not available in the list. Try searching for some legit torrents. Remember, Basic Version is region locked. You may have to do a trial install to check.
Home Basic key won't work on premium edition.

OP
evilcrafter

evilcrafter

Broken In
Oh!, I forgot about that. Windows Home Basic is not available in the list. Try searching for some legit torrents. Remember, Basic Version is region locked. You may have to do a trial install to check.
Home Basic key won't work on premium edition.

Actually I did a little digging and I think its possible to use home premium iso to install home basic
Here is the link

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Ok, so, the "one disk for all" can be enabled by removing the ei.cfg.
Made a bootable USB from the ISO and install. If it gets activated then well and fine, else, edit the ei.cfg in the iso by using PowerISO or any other editor and update the ei.cfg like this

Code:
[EditionID]
HomeBasic
[Channel]
OEM
[VL]

Top Bottom