My Latest OC [Overclock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well you seem to have a winchester.It was the first 90nm chip from AMD.It OCs well but not as easily as Venice or SD does.

Although high clocks are possible.

The Ram Chips you mentioned,seem to be the ones with PSC chips which means they are ok for normal functioning,wont help you OC anything to even respectable numbers.

As Kniwor mentioned,using dividers is recommended but then it all depends on what your BIOS offers you.

Since you ahve the MSI RS480 board,you wont be having much options but then a 200 or 220 MHz clock gain is reported when Clockgen is used.

Also the basics are explained well by Kniwor,keep those basics in mind,help a lot while OCing. :wink:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Now here's my final overclock. I have posted some screenshots. The maximum CPU temperature on load is 57deg cent. If I further increase the HTT keeping the CPU multiplier at 9 and stress test, then the temperature crosses 60 deg cent, which I think is not safe. Ok here is the screenshot.

*img112.imageshack.us/img112/7815/overclockscreenshotcpuz4uu.th.jpg

Please post your comments and also can I overclock further?! I know that the 3000+ has more potential. I have not used any external cooler, only stock cooling. But I am thinking of importing a Zalman CPU cooler (with pure copper fans) through a relative.

Kniwor

Learner
hi digitized......

you should be able to overclock more

first things first.....
it seems that u have left the voltage in the BIOS for CPU to be auto...
please set it manually to AUTO and then overclock...
this can be the reason ut temps are rising.... because when u increase the base clock A8N-E increases the voltage by itself if set to auto...
set the voltage to 1.45 and increase the clock... temperatures should be under control.....

post me ur memory read benchmark from everest... i got something to check...

@darklord....
can u post ur everestoverclock page screenshot... for ur AMD 3200+ rig which is overclocked at 2.9Ghz... it'll take less than a second.... just wanted to see it

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Kniwor said:
hi digitized......

you should be able to overclock more

first things first.....
it seems that u have left the voltage in the BIOS for CPU to be auto...
please set it manually to AUTO and then overclock...
this can be the reason ut temps are rising.... because when u increase the base clock A8N-E increases the voltage by itself if set to auto...
set the voltage to 1.45 and increase the clock... temperatures should be under control.....

post me ur memory read benchmark from everest... i got something to check...

@darklord....
can u post ur everestoverclock page screenshot... for ur AMD 3200+ rig which is overclocked at 2.9Ghz... it'll take less than a second.... just wanted to see it

Hi Kniwor:

I faced one problem with stability yesterday. Prime 95 did not pass with 2385Mhz. But it had passed the previous time around. Don't know why it happened. As of now, I had to lower the CPU frequency to 2250Mhz (250 X 9) and also set the Vdimm manually to 2.65V. Here's the screenshot.

*img82.imageshack.us/img82/9281/overclockscreenshotcpuz13oc.th.jpg

Here's the screenshot.

I have set Vcore to 1.45V manually. It is not set as auto. Maybe the cabinet is not so spacious and airy. Also before starting the experiment, I had set the PCI lock to 33.33Mhz and PCI-express lock to 100Mhz. I suppose that's the prerequisite.

Also here's the screenshot of the benchmark of the memory read benchmark from Everest. I suppose this is the demo version (v2.80), will it give accurate reading without registering?

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/6392/memoryreadbenchmark9fm.th.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Kniwor

Learner
what is ur Hypertransport multiplier.....
set it at 3.....
i guess ue already done that otherwise u not have got this far...

and why are u running ur memory in single channel......
run them in dual channel ... this does not make a bit of sense....
put the modules in same coloured slots....
and the read speeds should be about 6000Mbps
SATA, PCI and PCI-E bus are auto locked ... u dont need to change anything there

now if u fail prime95 at 2385Mhz .... as u said u did...
this should not happen...
just lower ur memory multiplier....
first we lower everything else.... it does not matter if the memory runs at less than 400Mhz..... and HTT at less than 2000
first we´ll see how far can the CPU go and then increase back the memory and HTT...
so use a much lower divider.... and lower multiplier for HTT and see how much can u increase the CPU

and u should have discussed this in an another thread so u have got better response....
this is an old thread and the discussion has already travelled half the world.....

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@kniwor: Let me assure you that I have followed all the correct procedures that are required for overclocking a AMD CPU. The only problem was that the RAM was not running in dual channel. I have fixed it. As of now I am satisfied with a overclock of 2250Mhz (250 HTT X 9), 409Mhz DDR RAM in dual channel, 1000Mhz HT (250 X 4). In fact I have followed all procedures as stated here.

*www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=12066

Here are the screenshots.

For CPU-Z:

*img47.imageshack.us/img47/5706/overclockscreenshotcpuz29ev.th.jpg

For Everest Memory read benchmarks:

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/5295/memoryreadbenchmark19zr.th.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Kniwor

Learner
looks better.....

if u followed that... u probaably already tested the cpu at low HT multiplier and divider.....
so this very much means that u cant go further... which sounds a little wierd.... anyhow...
if u want u can try voltage upto 1.5....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom