Setup -
Intel Celeron 326 [2.53GHz , 533 MHZ FSB ]
Asus P5RD1-VM Motherboard
Transcend 512MB DDR400 [Samsung UCCC Chips]
Hitachi 80GB PATA HDD
LG 52X CD-Rom
Powersafe 400W PSU
Stock Cooler

Interesting thing is that i have OC'ed with onboard grafix.I mena i am using onboard grafix.
I will try putting a discrete card and disabling onboard grafix to try if i get lucky enough... :wink:

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Huh???
no one interested in overclocking in here ?

That is so sad and humiliating for a tech forum.

Anyways..

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Great attempt darklord. Wish that I could also have the courage to overclock like u do.
One question, does having RAM in dual channel has any effect on overclocking or its same as having single channel? Suppose the RAM module could be of any brand.

A

ASH_DSG

Great OC I also have an Intel cel. 2.53 ghz. but 478 pin socket and I only could oC it to 2.8 ghz I have an Tul mobo with ati 9100 chipset and 256mb ddr-400 ram.

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well having Dual Channel setup is always welcome while overclocking.

you get excellent bandwidth scores when u OC memory in Dual Channel mode.

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
Ok heres my latest shot,

Intel Celeron 326 Overclock :twisted:

Interesting thing is that i have OC'ed with onboard grafix.I mena i am using onboard grafix.
I will try putting a discrete card and disabling onboard grafix to try if i get lucky enough... :wink:

How does onboard graphics affect ur oc... u can always lock the PCI clock ... infact in most boards it is locked by default.... do u have a unlocked.. multiplier.....

Good work done...... especiallly with an INTEL this is HARD......
the thing that impressed me was... Stock Cooler

but u cant beat my OC..... this is also stock cooler... :p
42% OC....
ok u gotta push it a little bit more to beat mine....:p :p :p
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40477

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
How does onboard graphics affect ur oc... u can always lock the PCI clock ... infact in most boards it is locked by default.

Well where do the PCI locks come in the picture ?

By onboard grafix hindering OC i mean,chipsets with onboard grafix tend to crap out quickly.It happens due to the embedded grafix core in it.
Also many manufacturers lock various essential OC options to prevent teh chipset from getting damamged on such boards.

Thats why i said it. :wink:

but u cant beat my OC..... this is also stock cooler... Razz
42% OC....

I already have beaten you my friend,that too long ago...
*img241.imageshack.us/img241/6392/resizeof29ghz2at.th.jpg

Here goes SuperPi,
*img319.imageshack.us/img319/4857/resizeof29superpi1mpass5ey.th.jpg

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
HI DARK LORD THT WAS MIND BLOWING
HEy even im interested in overclocking my RIG
*ANYTHINK HAPPENS TO IT IM RESPONSIBLE*
BUt then too please help me in over clocking my rig safely
HERES it
Intel P4 2.66 533 fsb
ASUS P5RD1 - VM MObo
256(266) + 512 (333) ram = 768 ram
40 gb HDD 5400 rpm...
Having 300 watts SMPS.
two CD ROMS...
n nothin more than this

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
HEY darklord , CONGRATS ON GREAT OC MAN ... :lol:

now tell me how high my 3.2 ghz socket 478 prescoot can go ..

i am using asus p4p800 e deluxe - 865 pe chipset - 1 gb transcend ram - cooler master ultra vortex -- so any idea abt the oc potential of this proci

also in a two months time , i will get zalman cnps 9500 led .. :D

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
How does onboard graphics affect ur oc... u can always lock the PCI clock ... infact in most boards it is locked by default.

Well where do the PCI locks come in the picture ?

By onboard grafix hindering OC i mean,chipsets with onboard grafix tend to **** out quickly.It happens due to the embedded grafix core in it.
Also many manufacturers lock various essential OC options to prevent teh chipset from getting damamged on such boards.

Thats why i said it. :wink:

but u cant beat my OC..... this is also stock cooler... Razz
42% OC....

I already have beaten you my friend,that too long ago...
*img241.imageshack.us/img241/6392/resizeof29ghz2at.th.jpg

Here goes SuperPi,
*img319.imageshack.us/img319/4857/resizeof29superpi1mpass5ey.th.jpg

hey but that's a 1.74V u are supplying to ur PC, I'm sure u dont wanna run it at that votage all the time... and i meant an stable overclock.....
my procy does well at 2880Mhz at 1.45V
i dont wanna increase the voltage but I'm sure if i do i will get past the 2.9Ghz barrier....

but dont u think that is a bit too high when AMD has specified max voltage for this core as 1.45V

and is that on stock heatsink....

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well whatever Vcore i give is immaterial.Also i dont give a damn about stability as long as i dont have to use it 24x7.

Talking of low Vcore,well the same CPU did 2.45GHz @ 1.2V

Also theres no harm in pushing the chip while benching, i back it down once i am done with it.

You could always try out,what say ?

And yes,this is with Stock Cooler my friend.

I havent seen AMD mentioning anywhere that a prticular voltage is the max for a particular CPU,care to tell me where u got to know this ?

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
I havent seen AMD mentioning anywhere that a prticular voltage is the max for a particular CPU,care to tell me where u got to know this ?

My pleasure.....

the specified voltage by AMD is 1.35-1.4V here
*www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADA3200DAA4BP

but there is a max specified voltage which i cand seem to find now... to 1.45... unless ofcourse u are using other cooling solutions...

anyhow If itś just about running super pi and not about stability then I´ll try and overclock it ahead without too much voltage... i need on 20Mhz to past beyond u

anyhow nice OC.

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well 1.35V-1.4V is the stock voltage.

Well even after pushing it on 1.7V i used it perfectly for a long period of time.

No issue at all.

That too with stock cooler.
I was using it @ 2.5 GHz for 24x7 operation.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hey darklord , do post ur idle and full load temp .. specially since ur using the stock heatsink .. 8)

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well ymhater,
Go to BIOS,enable overclocking thru jumperfree configuration.Keep memory setting to Auto.

Increase FSB with small bumps of 5 MHz as you have a 2.66GHz P4 working at 533FSB so the multiplier is 20.

Also set Command rate as 2T from chipset settings--advance NB settings menu.

This will not hinder OC due to memory bottlneck.

Boot into windows and try to test stability of overclock with a tool called SP2004 by running for say 10-15 Mins

or even SuperPi 1M test.

Hope it helps.

Yogi,
I would have loved to do that but i dont have that CPU,Board,Memory anymore,sold it loooong back.

Kniwor

Learner
*wiki.extremeoverclocking.com/wiki/Impaqt1

so some people say 1.5 is safe......

anyhow u are boviously free to give any voltage u like.... but i still think the same as mentioned in wikipedia that ur 1.7V is insanity

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well i am aware of that.You think i dont know ?
But then again,anything it takes for a decent OC,what say ?? :lol:

I think it doesnt matter much when you use Cheap CPUs for short period like only 4-5 Months. :wink:

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
Well i am aware of that.You think i dont know ?
But then again,anything it takes for a decent OC,what say ?? :lol:

I think it doesnt matter much when you use Cheap CPUs for short period like only 4-5 Months. :wink:

I have always been in agreement to this point u just mande..... Always..!!!! :wink:

what are we preserving these processors for, our kids...!!!............ I mean common they have a long life... just overclock and get the performance guys..... they will anyhow last u years... :lol: :lol:

but i also did not wanna fry my CPU the day next to i got it..... lol... nobody would wanna do that :wink:

hey today i am gonna try and puch up my procy a little.... so be careful there..... u will have to try harder to stay on the top... :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom