My Lab Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
This is perfect desktop except for the cabi look..coolermaster elite would have complemented this setup very well. currently it looks as if an ambassador is placed near skoda..

hey gx, I had asked you once about that pic you uploaded when looking for a cabby for this workstation, it was an iBall designer which was silver with several holes in it and you said it looked like a Mac Pro. I am looking for it for a friend. I lost the pic. Can you please gimme the pic and the link ?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This is perfect desktop except for the cabi look..coolermaster elite would have complemented this setup very well. currently it looks as if an ambassador is placed near skoda..
Lolz....i know, but I was short on budget for the cabinet so I skipped a High end one, I actually wanted to go for Zebronics Cube but it wasn't available. This LAVA model is doing just fine for me, I will switch to a Cooler Master cabinet + a 500W Cooler Master SMPS once I m settled in Delhi

hey gx, I had asked you once about that pic you uploaded when looking for a cabby for this workstation, it was an iBall designer which was silver with several holes in it and you said it looked like a Mac Pro. I am looking for it for a friend. I lost the pic. Can you please gimme the pic and the link ?
Oh....k, u mean this one.

Last edited:
Lolz....i know, but I was short on budget for the cabinet so I skipped a High end one, I actually wanted to go for Zebronics Cube but it wasn't available. This LAVA model is doing just fine for me, I will switch to a Cooler Master cabinet + a 500W Cooler Master SMPS once I m settled in Delhi

Oh....k, u mean this one.
thanks.

@gx:

I have a friend who has the same cabby as yours. Its the same series, but its got a transparent left side and a circular shape in the front which projects forward andhas the temperature gague, start button, restart button, two USB ports, two jacks, etc. Any idea how much it costs ?

PS: your tower has a missing windows vista sticker :p

kooki

Broken In
it might me either the zebronics peace or anti biotic.
im using the zebronics marco cabinet and i think it looks awesome!.
after looking at this thread sometime back, i decided to build my friend a system with a zebronics lava, the same one as urs. its quite nice.
zebronics makes some really nice cabinets. try the marco, it looks really classy. will post a pic soon

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Tomorrow morning I am going back to Delhi & I am taking my Workstation with me there. I need to buy some new hardware now as my Workstation will also be used by my friends in my home there.

I require Speakers. Since it will be a shared purchase with roommates, I need to buy 2.1 channel speakers for our music & movie needs. Which 2.1 speaker set should I go for? I have my eye set on Creative GigaWorks T40 as some vendor in Nehru Place told me that T20 is no longer available. This speaker set is known to give nice Audio & also looks sleek. Can anyone tell me of a Creative Dealer in Nehru Place? Which other speakers are good within Rs 5k?

I have a 160 GB Hard disk in my Workstation but require an external Hard disk to save my personal files. I need at least 80 GB of storage space & won't buy Laptop HD + External Casing. Which external HD should I go for? 80 GB is enough for my backup of private files.

I also need to buy a UPS there so for that APC 600VA is fixed already. Computer Table I will buy from Big Baazar or will order the Carpenter.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Altec Lansing MX 5021 THX is the best around 6k. But its almost discontinued, but u can find old stocks. Its a gr8 set of speakers. There are some stocks on itwares i think.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I am buying the following hardware in few days. What do u think? The following is in the order of priority.

1) APC 500 VA UPS

2) A computer table. This I guess I will buy from Big Bazaar as they have some good tables ready made there.

3) Cooler Master SMPS from SMC international. I have my eyes set on modular Real Power M520 which will cost a bit more but being modular it is easy to manage & won't clutter the CPU's inside or the iGreen Power 500W which saves electricity. Which one should I go for?

4) Creative Gigaworks T40 Speakers, tell me who is the dealer of Creative products in Nehru Place. This can easily wait as for now I can use my friend's Creative SBS speakers for some days but they are not magnetically shielded.

5) My friend will keep his computer here too so I don't need to buy an external HD now to keep my personal stuff. I will buy a Western Digital 160 GB External HD in 1 or 2 months.

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
1) APC ups is a good choice, go for it.

2) Yes, big bazaar does have good collection of computer table but they a overpriced. You will get that same stuff in the market at a cheaper rate.

3) CM is good. BTW, how much were they qouted for? You can also consider CORSAIR VX450W for 3.2k

4) T40 is good all round performer. Price???

5)WD has good aftersale service (heard it) have no personel experience.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I still have to find the costs. APC UPS is fixed.

I m opting for Big Baazar as I don't have to hunt & find for shops of furniture & Big bazaar although a bit costly but they have good products. At least they will deliver to home themselves else I have no problem in buying after market from local carpenter.

Corsair VX450 is overkill for my Workstation, I only need 250W of clean power for my workstation. I don't intend to spend more then 2k for the SMPS so I guess I should be able to buy the iGreen 430W in that budget.

Need to find the cost of Creative T40, anyone know the dealer of Creative in Nehru Place?

If all else fails then I will simply go to SMC International to buy all the stuff. I may have too pay Rs 500 approx more but at least I will get all the stuff at one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom