my internet icon changed , how do i restore it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Broken In
Folks ,

My internet icon chaged , if i save a html files its icon is really bad and i cant figure it out where it is web file or not .

i tried going to prperties > change > interexplorere but its not working ...plz help..

i will be great ful if u can give in step by step to restore it !

thnaks

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
hmm
It maybe due to a virus.
Scan your PC for any viruses and then try restoring it.
Even if u hav installed another browser like Mozilla and set it as default, the icon changes ;)

ujjwal

Padawan
What is the icon like? Could you post it here? Try this *www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1153/ not sure if it will work though.
Ah yes ... there is a software from MS itself called TweakUI, get it, it has an option under repair section to repair icons ...

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- really bad meaning not clear ? try changing colors to 16 bit or 32 bit in display properties > settings .

- if u have another browser like opera / netscape / fire fox , make it default to have its icon on the page . when u start ie it will ask if ie has to be default browser choose yes and icons should change . if u dont get the msg , go to internet options > programs > check the option below which asks it to check if its the default browser . if its already checked , uncheck it > apply > recheck it > apply > restart ie and choose yes to default browser

- choose repair installation from add/rem prog for ie

- if u dont like the icon , go to mycomputer > view > folder option > file types , look for htm html and highlight it and click edit button , u have an option to change icon there , choose iexplore.exe when browsing to get original icon

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Same problem here. Automatically changed the icons to DOS programe icons. Can't change through Folder options..

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well.. When you double click on it what program opens up ..?

and also , Right click on any HTML file and tell what actions are there .. And which is the default action ...?

And with which software you want to open HTML files ..? IE or Opera .. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom