My international experience - part 1

hahahari

In the zone
I have 82% in both 10th and 12th.
Am in the third year of cllg now with 73% aggregate which I will improve to 75-78% by the cllg end
Have already started studing for CAT exams as a way to improve my aptitude skills.
I am thinking of doing MBA in some foreign country.
Which country and what kind of $$/year am I looking at?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
hello,
I'm sagar studying Electronics and Communication in JCE , mysore. I'm in the 3rd semester now. So far I've been doing well in academics. My hobbies include table tennis , carrom , watching football , novel reading and gaming.In these holidays , i think i'll try novel writing. I've been wanting to do that for quite sometime now.

I'm interested in doing post graduation . Since i'm still in the 3rd semester , i'm yet to select the subject that i would like to pursue.Game development has been my dream for long. But after selecting Electronics , now i've become really interested in it and i'm not sure which i like more.Anyway , i've learnt a bit of c++ and in the holidays i'm going to try programming using directx 9 so that i can try to decide if that should be my career or hobby or altogether forgetting about it. So , I need help in choosing which subject i should pursue. Would you guys recommend me to do post graduation immediately after graduating ? OR work for sometime and then do post graduation ? Is there any preperation i can do now ?

Thanks

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@techdude

What kind of aggregate percentage that colleges in US expect you to have? what was your percentage when you applied?

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hey there,

I am CURRENTLY studying in class 11th.I scored 91.6% in 10th CBSE board.Please its my humble request to let me know how can i go for MIT OR stanford??Please let me know the exams which all i have to give in class 12th..I am currently preparing for JEE...I know that we have to give SAT and TOEFL apart from these,do we have to give any other exams??Also do let me know some information about SAT for MIT OR stanford.....

j_h

Banned
Hey there,

I am CURRENTLY studying in class 11th.I scored 91.6% in 10th CBSE board.Please its my humble request to let me know how can i go for MIT OR stanford??Please let me know the exams which all i have to give in class 12th..I am currently preparing for JEE...I know that we have to give SAT and TOEFL apart from these,do we have to give any other exams??Also do let me know some information about SAT for MIT OR stanford.....
If you want to go do your bachelors in MIT then in Class 12 score around 90% in PCM. .do great in SAT. Great means almost 1600 in Maths+English. 110+ for TOEFL IBT should be fine. Write a great Application Essay. Get Perfect Letter of recommendations. Apply early and Pray.

If you want to do graduate study in MIT then Get into IIT . Do great there too. Publish a couple of papers while at IIT. Score in the range of 1550 in GRE. Get Great Letter of recommendations. Write a Perfect Staement of Purpose. Apply to MIT/Stanford early. You are done.
The bottom line: Do well in your 12th Standard. Keep Dreaming Big. If you work hard enough, there is no reason why you can not be the next big thing. Keep working hard.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Plasma..you are interested in game dev.I am too. what colleges are you considering abroad?
Right now, I've only found DeVry to be the most reputed one in this field BUT it is a private institute whose course fee alone is 25lac! :eek: My exams start from 30th so after that I'll be mulling for more options and soon my sister too will be going abroad and she too will help me out from there in the concerned matter. So final decision will be made later,have to find out more options soon.

kuki_295

Journeyman
Hi,
I am Manjeet i am in 11th(non-medical science) studying at kota i scored 67% in 10th(i know its less but i failed in 9th(had to talk to chairman of school to get in 10th) so its a improvement) and my goal for 11th is 80%, and for bachelors i earlier had no thought but a friend of mine has gone to USA in NJIT(New Jersey institute of technology) with game devolopment subjects, so i was thinking of same line of game developer.
But i want to do something so that i have both option as a game dev and a software dev.

So any advices for me(like should i learn programing languages or just have good marks in 12th like that):)

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
If you want to do graduate study in MIT then Get into IIT . Do great there too. Publish a couple of papers while at IIT. Score in the range of 1550 in GRE. Get Great Letter of recommendations. Write a Perfect Staement of Purpose. Apply to MIT/Stanford early. You are done.
The bottom line: Do well in your 12th Standard. Keep Dreaming Big. If you work hard enough, there is no reason why you can not be the next big thing. Keep working hard.
You don't have to be from an IIT to get into schools like Stanford. A majority of the UCs (Berkeley, LA, SD) and MIT are very selective but I know a lot of guys from non-IITs who've studied at the likes of Stanford.

I'd like to suggest my alma mater (Georgia Tech.) to anyone who's interested in the HCI (human computer interaction) aspect of game development. They offer a Masters program in HCI and job placements are excellent. It goes without saying that GA Tech. is very well respected in the tech industry, thanks to a massive research base and tons of DARPA/NSA research projects. Being ranked 7th in the world in engineering (LINK) also helps. :)

If anyone's interested, I can provide a list of professors who're working in HCI. I've worked with a few on term projects in the past.

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I guess their requirement of a top class Engg. College rules me out... :|
(I'm only doing Engg. from an ordinary college)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes.

GRE -> Engineering, Sciences, GMAT -> Management
TOEFL/IELTS -> For functional English (you need to take either depending on the location, which is compulsory).

umapati

Broken In
Hi..I am in the final year of BE-Electronics. What is the situation now in US for further education.? Is it still advisable to go there? Will we be able to get scholarship OR part time job or not ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
There is no dearth of education opportunities here in the US. The only issue is finding an internship or a job (esp. if you are an international student). Hoping things to be normal in a few months.

Regarding scholarship, it all depends on how capable you are. But many universities are now cutting down on scholarships too to 'save' money; though the situation is nowhere near worse.

And you can do a part-time job only on-campus (which is subject to availability).

Top Bottom