My first successful OverClocking(3.06GHz ->3.72GHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your mobo has a feature called EZ Flash - Just Use a USB pen drive to update the bios
though you can use floppy.

Last month I updated the bios of my friends asus mobo with a USB pen drive & it works without any issue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok. I will be waiting...................Wish you all the best ( assuming it's your 1st bios update experience )

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Geesh, i am unable to update the BIOS Successfully.After updating the BIOS and reboot the system the screen flicks continuosly..Then restore the BIOS using the old BIOS file i saved in USB drive.God will try the lower version 0702 today.(Yesterday i tried uodating the new 0802 version)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, What about the bios update. Have you flashed with ver. 0702 ? Any success ?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yes, with 0702 i update it successfully. But after reboot to Windows, i see occasional screen flickers which is very annoying. I am in mood of revert back the BIOS update to some other version and let see what happen

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hey, What about the bios update. Have you flashed with ver. 0702 ? Any success ?

Updated BIOS successfully with newer version(0802) using ASUS Update tool. No problems at all. But, when i previously did it with ASUS EZ Flash 2 , it gives me problems. Why it's so? Anyhow, i am now happy with my new BIOS update

Guys, have a question.
I got me Q8200 by tomorrow, as the vendor says it'll available only tomorrow. So if it put it with my Mobo, does it works? Or i have to OC the FSB to make it work. I am waiting for ur reply...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that's odd. But I had updated the bios of my friends M2A-MX mobo using software as his bios doesn't supports updating from pen drive.

You don't have to OC the FSB. The new updated bios should automatically detect & set the correct FSB.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ thanks topgear.. And i notice it yesterday night. When i ran the new Everest, i wonder to see that my proccy show 3.06GHz, instead of 3.7GHz. Does a BIOS update revert back the changes i've made? Am i right?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are right.

BIOS update also clears the CMOS settings. So Bios loads it's default settings.
That's why your OCed proc is running @ it's default setting.

BTW, Did you get the new Q8200 ?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^How's Q8200?? Are you intend on OC'ing that proccy too?? Anyway, This is my first post in this thread, so Congratulations, budd.........:)

[offtopic: How much I will be able to OC my E8400 with Intel DG31PR, & with retail cooler?? Pls help me :(]

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^How's Q8200?? Are you intend on OC'ing that proccy too?? Anyway, This is my first post in this thread, so Congratulations, budd.........:)

[offtopic: How much I will be able to OC my E8400 with Intel DG31PR, & with retail cooler?? Pls help me :(]
Thanks dude

Guys, since i get it for credit my vendor fooling me around by say, i'll give it on monday/sunday or so. Anyhow i'll get that from him asap..

Yes, i intend to OC that procy somewhere between 2.8 to 3GHz..

With Intel boards. u cant OC ur proccy..So be satisifed with ur current speed and if u intend to OC, no option other than getting a new Mobo..like ASUS P5K PL CM one which i just now bought for my bro @ 2.5k...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've read that asus P5KPL-CM does supports OC but @ max 25-30% & it will not offer you any kind of mem speed & volt control while OCing.

I've bought one for my friend & was able to reach 2.6GHz witha e2200 without any prob. I havn't tried further.

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@topgear
If thats true then i say its OK... coz i bought it for my bro,who is not into this OC stuff..
He is pretty satisfied with his system..
He have
C2D @ 2.8GHz,2GB DDR2,P5K PL CM and a 8600GT...?
He is not like me.. :D
BTW Unable to buy the Q8200 due to problem with vendor.... Postponed the purchase to some other day...:(

Congratulations :D
Whi+ch+++++++++ +mo+the+rb+oa+r+d do+ you+ u+se ?++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom