My first successful OverClocking(3.06GHz ->3.72GHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Ok. Will you guys explain me briefly on OCing AMD Phenom II X4 920 with Gigabyte MA78GM-S2HP?? Please........

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
OK, Thanks. BIOS coming through..............

Here's it. Taken from my N73 ME...:D
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/07032009429.jpg

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@nvidiageek
Please post another pic of BIOS, after u've entered the option Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T).

I need to have a look at the options in that menu. Please post that too...

heartripple

In the zone
ok u did'nt say all the bios settings u tweaked but lemme try....
1st in the bios turn off cool n quiet..
set multiplier to highiest value....
now what i think that when u r oc ing , u r exceeding the ht speed (in bios says probably ldt frequency). u must always keep ldt bus = 1000 mhz.
so go to ldt settings and set it to 800mhz.
now return to the cpu settins page and set fsb to 250.

logic is at default settings, ldt is 1000 and fsb is 200 . so ldt multiplier is 1000/200(fsb)=5
when we set fsb to 250 , ldt at default becomes 250 * 5 = 1250 .we need to strap it to 1000.so change the frequency to 800. then it will b 4*250 =1000.
so if your highiest multiplier is 11,now cpu will run at 250*11=2750. i.e 2.75 ghz!
now go to the ram settings. if you are using 800mhz ram, u may want to set it to manual timing and run it at 667mhz . (if your ram is of reputed brand like corsair/kingston it may support this overclockin and you may run it at default 800mhz.mine is transcend 800mhz and runs fine at 800mhz + extra 100-150 mhz overclock)

note i have not tweaked the cpu voltage settings . this shall stay stable at default voltage.(mine does). run orthos or super pie for stability test.
so lets revise the final specs:

multiplier-- max
cool n quiet -- off
fsb -- 250 mhz
ldt freq--- 800 mhz
ram--- manual-- 667 mhz(in case of a 800 mhz ram)

hope that helps!

re: m2n is not an overtly oc friendly board so you may try gradually tuning the multiplier and fsb settings... if voltage tweakin options are provided ,you'l may try tweakin them at last but be cautious and patient because of the motherboard limitations.

Thanks for your reply.
I have set the multi plexer at its maximum point ( 11 x )
Cool n quite = off
FSB @ 225 Mhz
I am using stock heatsink and fan.
Now my CPU is runnig at 2.48 Ghz:):)
But now the temprature of CPU and Motherboard is going up to 54 degree C after half an hour of gaming session.

Is it good?
What is the ideal temp?:cool:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
OK, here's it.......
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/07032009088.jpg
Now help me, please..............:(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, here's it.......
*i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/nvidiageek/07032009088.jpg
Now help me, please..............:(

Take a look @ here :

*www.overclock.net/amd-general/307316-offical-overclocking-guide-amd-socket-am2.html

Hope this helps.

I think that will get you rid off posting too many bios screenshots. Happy OCing :p

BTW, Do you have 6667 Mhz Ram. If yes then it's going to bottleneck your OC potential. Try to get some DDR2 1066Mhz Ram or atleast 800 Mhz ram.

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^Yes, he's having 667MHz RAM. I think it's enough, 'cause he's only intending on OCing it to 3.0 or 3.1GHz margin. It's enough, right??
Anyway, ThanQ very much, budd :)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^For who??
@topgear - It's enough he said. He OCed it with an app which came with the MoBo called: ET5Pro. He OCed it to 3008.97MHz & it's stable and the temps are around 38-40 :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^For who??
@topgear - It's enough he said. He OCed it with an app which came with the MoBo called: ET5Pro. He OCed it to 3008.97MHz & it's stable and the temps are around 38-40 :)

Thats pretty good ocing without changing bios settings manually.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ rajkumar_pb - I'm not sure if asus p5kpl-cm supports AI ocing utility. coz I couuld not find any AI ocing tool on download section.

*support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5KPL-CM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom