BEFORE
3DMARK 05-1744
AQUAMARK 3-29,582

*img144.echo.cx/img144/222/1st8pf.jpg

AFTER
3DMARK 05-1942
AQUAMARK 3-31,512

*img144.echo.cx/img144/2161/oc0tr.jpg
Now is the performance rise worth the added stress on my card?

Any suggestions,tips to increase o/c,etc plz let know

THANKS TO DARKY FOR HELP!!!

sagar_mutha said:

Now is the performance rise worth the added stress on my card?

That's for you to decide. Don't go by synthetic benchmarks alone. Play your favourite game, run your favourites app. and see if the increase in performance is worth the efforts and risks.

EDIT: Add

Use ATITool to automate the task of finding optimum clocks for your card. Also, use it to automate overclocking only when launching games etc. You don't need to OC when you're browsing the net etc.

*www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Cheers,
Keith

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
nice going sagar! Like Keith said play your fav games and see if there is an improvement. Run programs like fraps (*www2.fraps.com/FRAPS262.EXE) and see if there is any significant difference.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
i'd suggest u to use rivatuner ...... its gives you much more tweaking options ....

get rivatuner from here :
*downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

OP
S

sagar_mutha

Broken In
icecoolz said:
nice going sagar! Like Keith said play your fav games and see if there is an improvement. Run programs like fraps (*www2.fraps.com/FRAPS262.EXE) and see if there is any significant difference.

After playing Far Cry i guess there is a slight improvement if not much.
They gameplay is smoother

deathvirus_me said:
i'd suggest u to use rivatuner ...... its gives you much more tweaking options ....

get rivatuner from here :
*downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

Thanks dude!

RivaTuner is what i've used to o/c this :wink:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Guys what about MY PC 1GHZ PIII on a Intel EEP2 mother board with Geforce4 MX 440

I can overclock my gfxcard but not the CPU i think Intel board does not support this what do u think

Rollercoaster

Guys what about MY PC 1GHZ PIII on a Intel EEP2 mother board with Geforce4 MX 440

I can overclock my gfxcard but not the CPU i think Intel board does not support this what do u think

cybershastri

Journeyman
Rollercoaster, first of all stop posting multiple times.

Secondly, from what I have heard you cannot overclock an Intel processor. Overclocking is exclusively for AMD procs. Does any one differ?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
no OCing is not exculsive to AMD processors. Infact the record for the highest OC is still with intel. Check this site:

*forums.extremeoverclocking.com/

and you'll find a lot of info on Intel and OCing. AMD is synonymous with OCing as their processors are more friendly to OCing.

Rollercoaster

well i posted only once....
I dont know why it appears twice...

anyways what about "How do I overclock on my config" from what i have heard intel mobos dont support OC but intel processers can

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Mahesh Babu said:
Intel processors suck

did anyone ask for your opinion ? Is this a Intel vs AMD thread ? Then refrain from posting such comments...keep it relevant!

Rollercoaster:

Yes intel mobo's are not conjusive for OCing. You would be better off going in for a ASUS mobo if you really wanna OC.

cybershastri

Journeyman
Mahesh Babu said:
Intel processors suck

Stop poking your nose unnecessarily. There are pros and cons for both the type of processors. This thread is not meant for analysing intel or AMD proccessors.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Good attempt there Sagar,keep it up.

I feel the scores should have increased a bit more.There is this problem with 3Dmark 2003/2005 though.

Anyways keep a check on the temperatures though.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Use Rivatuner mako_123 ..... its absolutely safe .... if ur 6200 has nv43 core .. u have a very good chance to mod it to a 6600 ...

a friend of mine has got a 6200 clocked at 450/600 ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom