My first live show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol...It aint no ordinary dawg, its Bike Rider Dawg ( he loves to ride bike on as sunny day but hates noob bikers who always end up wasting someones life or their ).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^is it ur dawg ?
also ur siggy will again be censored by mods :D
Yeah mine, just a common breed which is yet so uncommon as a pet :(:D

Naah, the siggy is nothing explicit. Its just a lame Hilly-Billy way of starting a dialog with someone...lol. Watch Deliverance to see this dialog in actual context.

Well I know this is a useless thread but cant control the excitement. Today it was confirmed. 10 out 21 students who are learning guitar at our school are chosen to play at our school's choir night! And I am one of them. We gotta play for around 30 mins. with 4 songs on the setlist (There is an indication that one more will be added).
It's not "useless". I know how excited I was for my first gig :D
Better keep practicing. :D
The school is spending a lot of cash on that show. First, the choir will sing for around 1 and a half hour and then 30mins. of our guitar performance. As we are amatuer guitarists, none of us own an electric guitar or bass. So 7 electric guitars and 3 bass guitars are being 'rented' by the school along with amps. .
The renting of guitars and amps is standard procedure. It is to ensure uniformity ( and probably so that no one can say "my guitar phailed me" in case they screw up :D).

Just a few tips:

1) Make sure you know what/which guitars are being rented and that your band knows how to tune them. (You'll need to tune them just before you play, dont tune it an hour or so before the gig. Trust me, you'll regret it)

2)Practice hard. (I dont think I need to explain that :rolleyes: )

3)Involve the audience (You'll recieve more fans by doing so :wink: )

4) Enjoy yourselves :)

Thank you guys.

Our setlist is set by my tutor and the school's princi so no metal

The setlist as of now is :-

1) Hotel California
2) Summer of '69
3) Socha Hai
4) Pappa Kehte Hain (WTF!)

On a side note, even my ex-crush is in the group .

Change your 4th song to any other song (if possible) like as esumikumar said (Tu Dhoop Hai from TZP) or even Nothing Else Matters.
I bet LP, Green Day is popular, check those out too. :)

All The Best :D

^^
Arre T, there is something wrong with the forum smiley codes. I meant LOL when it changed the message to :d. :|
Also, it keeps saying "Your message is too short. Please lengthen it by 1 character" :???:

connexion

Control Of Chaos
try to get dream on by aerosmith....else hear the last guitar done by aerosmith in sing for the moment by eminem........n on another note get a picture of ur ex-crush v would like to c her too(yeah):cool:

chinmay

Journeyman
exactly the reason i asked you to play, its been my dream to be able to play this song in school or in college. :( the dream stayed dream.

LOL, our entire school sang 'Another Brick Part II' in the morning assembly against the banning of cellphones due to DPS MMS clip. Some of the better players brought their electric guitars and connected it to the school sound system.

We sang edited version of Queen's 'We will rock you' then after. The song was 'We will f*** you'. The entire lyrics was pretty much explicit and our Principal was almost about to cry. He expelled 30 students and suspended 78 students (including me) for a month.

Damn, it was almost Woodstock.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol...BR act will put things right for ya students :p
Ofcourse, its just a game...

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^I was just asking as Paranj loves Metal...there was no sarcasm meant..Paranj and I understood..u didnt

Also I dont know how to play Guitar..will learn someday
I am a heavy listener of metal :D :D

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
he he he :D 6'1"' versus 4'9" (my guess) NOM

ye tera avatar cool hai re T..dog with specs ..hahaha

6.1" vs 5.2" to be precise :).

Why, you could play Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine..

\me loves Swansong For A Raven

LOL, our entire school sang 'Another Brick Part II' in the morning assembly against the banning of cellphones due to DPS MMS clip. Some of the better players brought their electric guitars and connected it to the school sound system.

We sang edited version of Queen's 'We will rock you' then after. The song was 'We will f*** you'. The entire lyrics was pretty much explicit and our Principal was almost about to cry. He expelled 30 students and suspended 78 students (including me) for a month.

Damn, it was almost Woodstock.

Hats off to you guys \m/

I also want to play In Your Face and [SIC] in school.

try to get dream on by aerosmith....else hear the last guitar done by aerosmith in sing for the moment by eminem........n on another note get a picture of ur ex-crush v would like to c her too(yeah):cool:

I will post pics of the gig but not her alone coz if I do that and if she or my GF finds out about it, I am dead :D.

It's not "useless". I know how excited I was for my first gig :D
Better keep practicing. :D

The renting of guitars and amps is standard procedure. It is to ensure uniformity ( and probably so that no one can say "my guitar phailed me" in case they screw up :D).

Just a few tips:

1) Make sure you know what/which guitars are being rented and that your band knows how to tune them. (You'll need to tune them just before you play, dont tune it an hour or so before the gig. Trust me, you'll regret it)

2)Practice hard. (I dont think I need to explain that :rolleyes: )

3)Involve the audience (You'll recieve more fans by doing so :wink: )

4) Enjoy yourselves :)

Change your 4th song to any other song (if possible) like as esumikumar said (Tu Dhoop Hai from TZP) or even Nothing Else Matters.
I bet LP, Green Day is popular, check those out too. :)

All The Best :D

The tutor isnt listening to us boys. Pappa Kehte Hai is there bcoz of the girls :|.

Thanks for the tips. :)

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Last edited:
^^
zOMG!! Gurls in Band??! Kewl :D
Whats your band line-up?
I doubt whther your GFs would check out what yo are doing on the Digit Forum :p
And try to convice your tutor/girls to change the song :|

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^
zOMG!! Gurls in Band??! Kewl :D
Whats your band line-up?
I doubt whther your GFs would check out what yo are doing on the Digit Forum :p
And try to convice your tutor/girls to change the song :|

I dont think posting names will be a good idea but if more guys request, I will post them.

I am the bassist for Summer of '69 and Hotel California plus the vocalist (not confirmed yet)

And lead for the rest two songs.

And as you are curious, my ex is the rythum guitarist on every song.

I dont think posting names will be a good idea but if more guys request, I will post them.

I am the bassist for Summer of '69 and Hotel California plus the vocalist (not confirmed yet)

And lead for the rest two songs.

And as you are curious, my ex is the rythum guitarist on every song.

Naah. No Names. I wanted to know who/how many are playing what instruments. (I respect piracy...sorry..privacy :D)

Practice hard :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom