my document.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kguragain

Broken In
Hello,

I need help badly.
I believe that this file "my document.exe" is a virus, though I am not sure and my AVG/Norton virus doesn’t detect it. And now my Norton Antivirus has expired and I have tired to install new Norton Antivirus. But my computer can’t response after click the setup icon of Antivirus even any setup icon.
And it can’t allow to open msconfig, regedit etc. Whenever I delete this file it always come back after a few seconds. It doesn’t allow to pop ups any folder which is badly required me.

Couple of questions of mine is,
How do I clean my computer from this virus?
Which Antivirus software is the best to use?

Krishna

sakumar79

Technomancer
AFAIK, AVG will not remove viruses even if it detects it... As far as free antiviruses are considered, Avast is very good... The file appears to be a virus but I find quite a few possible viruses use the same filename... So, you first have to identify the virus and then remove it using the antivirus or a manual removal instruction for that virus...

Arun

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Try using NOD32 or Spybot S&D...It scans and tells if it does any malicious activity on ur comp...It detects the kind of activity and tells what immediate actions to take...I recommend u to use Spybot S&D coz i preferably think it as a spyware coz i got such a kind of problem long time back...
Do reply us after u see the suggestions..

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya, cud b a virus !?
avast i think is better than avg. uninstall avg and ur norton.
run ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com) to clear ur pc junk.
reboot.
install, update avast av. and schedule a BOOT-TIME scan of it.
also use ewido antispy 4.0 if u feel the need.
shud help. if it dznt revert and post ur hijackthis logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for scrutiny.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
@anadk
Common give him a solution which he could possibly try and not so much of guidance that he will have to break his head for that by seeing ur post

anandk

Distinguished Member
rakeshishere said:
@anadk
Common give him a solution which he could possibly try and not so much of guidance that he will have to break his head for that by seeing ur post

why ?! does my answer want you to break YOUR head !? :)

pensiveprodigy

Right off the assembly line
Hey buddy,
U can go with Windows Defender which will correct ur problem instantly if fully updated.If it doesn't work still then the best option is "format c:"

tusarks

Broken In
Hi frn , i hav com accross such type of virus ..It'll create .exe files in the name of ur stored documents or folders or softwares .. even it won't allow U to run antivirus setup if itz not already thr .. try in safe modend run the antivirus s/w .. Try to fix the virus after updating ..

1 thng , if u r going to format C drive , then after reloading ur OS , don't open other drives , it keeps several copies at several places .. Just keep them untouched , not even open tht drive .. and load antivirus first , update it .. chk the options if all r OK .. Go for full system scan .. Now if the AV is not detecting the virus also , thr is very less chance tht the virus can harm as ur sytem is protected now. yaa , turn off ur System restore option. after ur protection systems gets ready with auto protect , check othr drives manually to find those un intentional .exe files .. and just delete them ..

Hope this will help .. Both the things i told from experience ,..

champ_rock

champ_rock
try doing an online scan on norton or trend micro .. u dont need to install anything.. the thing will run n ur browser and it will detect it and remove it..

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Dude! First, ALWAYS have ONE anti-virus. I really don't know how u managed to install both. Download Avast! update it. Scan and hopefully it should be removed!

Ishan

In the zone
Arey! he told na that if he deletes the file it reappears in few seconds...
@kguaragain
I think u should try HijackThis.
In HijackThis just go to MISC Tools and the select the option of "Delete the file on reboot" . Then tell me what hapens. Is the file gone or sstill ther...

and if u r not using Hijack this...Dont worry....as I know that it isn't allowing u to run any setup...actually it can be downloaded directly from net.
*www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HijackThis&btnG=Google+Search
u have to just extract the zip file. and the applctn is urs.So go with it and then tell the result.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
hey! If u have 2 antiviruses installed then either they detect other as a avirus or NOT detect a virus. Thats why u should be with only single A/V.

Can u try Quick Heal 8.0. I think it's best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom