my document.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
shirish_nagar said:
hey! If u have 2 antiviruses installed then either they detect other as a avirus or NOT detect a virus. Thats why u should be with only single A/V.

Can u try Quick Heal 8.0. I think it's best ever.
First time i am seeing some 1 recommending something from india and most of all an AV

Ishan

In the zone
I think he(kguragain) must have done something great with his PC to make his PC free 4m Virus...SO he is not replying here.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
The CyberShot said:
I think Avast Antivirus (www.avast.com) is the best FREE Antivirus you can use.
Digit recommends it.

And the best part is that it's FREE !

I think u should NOT use anything bcoz just " IT IS FREE". It may contens some BUGs, ADwares & SPYwares also. I've tried Avast. It may not contain any of these, But U can TRY Quick Heal 8.0 atleast for a month...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
If the problem persists. You better format your PC. And install Windows anew.
Use a good firewall like ZoneAlarm. Antipyware like SpyBot, & a good antivirus
- Norton or Avast. And browse trusted websites only. No antivirus can give you
100% protection against all viruses!!

src2206

In the zone
kguragain said:
Hello,

I need help badly.
I believe that this file "my document.exe" is a virus, though I am not sure and my AVG/Norton virus doesn’t detect it. And now my Norton Antivirus has expired and I have tired to install new Norton Antivirus. But my computer can’t response after click the setup icon of Antivirus even any setup icon.
And it can’t allow to open msconfig, regedit etc. Whenever I delete this file it always come back after a few seconds. It doesn’t allow to pop ups any folder which is badly required me.

Couple of questions of mine is,
How do I clean my computer from this virus?
Which Antivirus software is the best to use?

Krishna

Hi Krishna,
before you start reformatting do the following and you may not have to get it formatted and loose your precious data,
Download HijackThis . This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\ Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless. Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

Then go to www.techsupportforum.com and post the log there. You need to register but everything is free so not to worry. You will surely get an response within 24hrs. I also voulanteer there as a Security analyst and thats why I highly recommend you to follow my suggestions.
Hope you will be benifited.

One more thing, AVG and AVAST are both same and either will do the job- just keep AV updated. Don't install Norton its gonna hog your sysrem resources beyond your imagination!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom