my cpu is dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_rex17

Right off the assembly line
hi all
last sunday i had a problem in my desktop,it suddenly shutdown when i tried to run any anti virus say avast home is loaded ,then config is ,p4intel 3.0 ghz dual core
1 gb stick and 256 mb stick of simmtronics, mother board is intel d915gag, and power supply is oddessey 450 watt,
i ran successfully the mostwanted and igi and also the action cube and have been running the same since last mnth easily .
when i opened the case i found dat cpu fan was just working as a slow fan
then the system shut itself down after, that it showed system was shut down due to overheating of cpu?
when the engg chkd he said everything is fine? plz get em what's the problem? and msg me plz as a human gesture

Last edited:

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Overheating it seems is your problem, i think.. Try adding a fan .. And check if your power supply is adequate..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
When was the last time the thermalpaste was changed? Fan doesnt always cool down processor, thermal paste withstand major part of it. But in old processors thermal paste eventually dies. You get thermal paste ranging from 50 bucks to as expensive as Rs. 300. The so called engineers are sometimes morons! It helps to be in many tech forums and learning things to do on your own via trial and error. Tell the guy to change the thermal paste and see after 24 hours of use if the temperature have dropped or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom