MY CPU IS ABOUT TO BLOW!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
I HAVE INTEL 2.8Gz(HYPERTHREADING) PROCESSOR AND INTEL 915 GAV ORIGNAL MOTHERBOARD,512 M.B RAM,80 GB SATA SEGATE HDD.I HAVE AN INTEX CABINET AND A COLORSit POWER SUPPLY(MODEL NO 300U-FNE) WHICH HAS A RATING OF 400W SWITCHING POWER.

*img501.imageshack.us/img501/5668/image0773tw8bh.th.jpg
MY PC HAS BEEN MAKING A LOT OF NOISE LATELY,IT HAS BEEN MAKING NOISE FROM THE FIRST DAY BUT NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS ABOUT TO BLOW .(MY MOM SAYS IT SOUNDS LIKE A MIXER GRINDER)
EARLIER I HAD INSTALLED THE INTEL ACTIVE MONITOR THAT CAME WITH THE MOBO C.D,WHENEVER I WOULD PLAY GAMES BE IT QUAKE 3 ARENA OR NFS U.G IT WOULD SAY THAT SYSTEM ZONE 1 OR ZONE 2 TEMPRATURE IS RISNG ABOVE THE LIMIT AND I COULD HEAR MY CPU MAKING NOISE (IT SOUNDED LIKE A AEROPLANE TAKING OFF) AND AS SOON I AS I QUIT THE GAME IT WOULD STOP MAKING NOISE(THE PLANE LANDS).WHEN I TOLD THIS TO MY VENDOR HE TOLD ME TO UNINSTALL THE INTEL ACTIVE MONITOR.THOUGH I UNINSTALLED THE ACTIVE MONITOR BUT I DON'T THINK IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO,I MEAN IF THE TEMP IS INCREASING THATS WHY THE ACTIVE MONITOR IS WARINING BUT IF I UNINSTALL THE ACTIVE MONITOR THE HEATING IS STILL GOING ON.I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE REASON FOR HEATING.
1. I ALSO GOT AN EXTRA FAN INSTALLED IN THE CABINET BUT IT IS NOT HELPING.
2. IS THE FAN THAT CAME WITH THE PROCESSOR NOT SUFFICIENT SHOULD I GET ANOTHER ONE.
*img50.imageshack.us/img50/470/image0814ik.th.jpg
3. IS MY CABINET NOT GOOD.THE FAN ON THE SIDE PANEL IS PLACED A LITTLE LOW,IT IS NOT IN FRONT OF THE CPU FAN.WILL BUYING A CABINET WITH THE SIDE FAN IN FRONT OF THE CPU FAN HELP.
*img96.imageshack.us/img96/1657/image0854xt.th.jpg
4. I NOTICED THAT THE HEATSINK PINS ARE NOT ALLINGNED ONE PIN IS BENDING, IS THIS RELATED TO THE HEATING PROBLEM.
*img393.imageshack.us/img393/8262/image0826wo7nv.th.jpg
ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE GAURANTEE PERIOD FOR INTEL PROCESSORS AND MOTHERBOARD? I BOUGHT MY PC AT 30/10/04.CAN I GET IT REPLACED.CAN I GET A 945 MOBO BY PAYING THE PRICE DIFFRENCE?

i want to show some pics of the cpu i took with my mobile's cam how do i put them along with the post???

theraven

Technomancer
DUDE
quite posting in CAPS
jesus ...

anyways it seems u have got stuck with a faulty heatsink ..
or even more probable yet the thermal paste below teh heatsink maybe brushed off by mistake before installation .

i suggest remove ur HSF assmbly
clean the below with cleaning alcohol
apply a new layer of some GOOD thermal paste eg. artic silver or antecs thermal paste compound
and reattatch ur HSF ...

now check the temperatures.

and NO theres no such replacement warranty
no company will give u that
sell ur pc as a second hand pc and buy a new one ..

to show ur pics // goto imageshack.us
upload the pic there
then ull get a bunch of links after the upload is finished

copy paste the link makred "FORUM 1" here along with ur post ..
that should do the trick

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude , i faced the exact same problem with my 915 notherboard . i also installed the active monitor and my system zone 2 temp also used to cross 70 deg and after a few minutes my pc would restart and i would get a overheating message at the BIOS . i also went to the dealer . He clened my fan and applied the heatsink pase again and told me to uninstall the Active monitor . i did that but still my PC was making a lot of Noise . So i installed 2 extra fans and i have also opened the cabinet of my PC .It has been open since a year . But still when i play high graphics games it makes a lot of noise but it never restarts or so . So i would suggest either go for a good cabinet which has got a proper ventilation or do like what i did . The main problem is with these Intel processors , they heat up a lot .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Even i have tha same config. used to get the same problem . solution "Kept the cabinet open" like mako_123 did . Even mine cabinet is open for last 1 yr. :mrgreen:. with this the pc doesnt make noise. But now as its summer it has started to make noise again so i gust switch on the celing fan :p keep my windows in my room open :p.

@mako_123 cool avatar man.

q3_abhi

Youngling
charangk said:
Even i have tha same config. used to get the same problem . solution "Kept the cabinet open" like mako_123 did . Even mine cabinet is open for last 1 yr. .

But the environment shuld be clean enough for Cabinet to b open otherwise dust, moisture etc can create lots of problems , can even damage components.

So b careful while doing so.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
q3_abhi said:
But the environment shuld be clean enough for Cabinet to b open otherwise dust, moisture etc can create lots of problems , can even damage components.

So b careful while doing so.

he he he I still have 2 yrs waranty for most of the component. :twisted: I Still i do take some care about the cabinet :).

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
The problem is clearly due to damaged Paste.
Get someone to clean the PC and apply new paste.

BTW, That's why I always recommend AMD

theraven

Technomancer
why do u always recommend amd ?
cuz it never has damaged paste?
i dun see the connection ...
AMD could just as well be in the same situation IF with defects .. so i dun see need for a comparision between the 2
besides i doubt hes gonna change his proccy now :p

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
take a look at the pic of the heat sink

thanks for the help,take a look at the heatsink pins click on the pic to see a bigger image.how do i show a bigger image say 640x480 in my post i have seen other people do it.and sorry for the caps lock, why is it wrong i mean i just did it so that anyone who reads the post can see it clearly.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@tango_cash Every one takes a good look at the posts before replying. We all know how to to speek isnt it . we wont shout while talking to a person isnt it. we follow some ethics while talking. In the WWW world there is also ethics. If you type everything in caps its considered as shouting. Now read your own post shouting out each and every word and see how it sounds to you :shock: !!!! doesnt sound good isnt . so from now on dont post in CAPS

darklord

Cyborg Agent
You cant expect any different situations if you have a Prescott running inside your system.

Nothing can be done frankly.Your PC wont blow or anything but the CPU heats up a lot and the CPU fan works according to teh CPU temps.If it increases,it spins faster,simple.

Also i have said this ,may be a zillion times but i ahve to repeat it again,take care of the case airflow.
There shud be 1 inlet fan at the front and 1 exhaust fan at the rear.

Cable management inside the case plays a crucial role in ventilation inside the case.

Use you logic,IF fresh air doesnt enter your Case and the hot air isnt ejected,how the hell are those temps gonna drop ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom