My core i7-920 and MSI x58 ECLIPSE review

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Whats wrong with the EVGA ? Its a superb board, one of the few X58 boards which can boast of high bclocks.
Asus R2E is good but i am not that impressed with it,especially after taking into consideration the price.
You could also consider Gigabyte X58 UD5 which should cost you around 18k locally.
If you are not into extreme clocking and benching and all, you can consider this Gigabyte, its build quality is far superior to EVGA and others.It has a few more features too.

I am not at all into OCing. Just gimme a board that's robust,lasts longer and has good features.
So,which one?
ASUS rampage 2?

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I am not at all into OCing. Just gimme a board that's robust,lasts longer and has good features.
So,which one?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
So,which one?
ASUS rampage 2?

Gigabyte EX58 UD5.Can't think of a better option at a superb price.

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
^If your not OCing you can pretty much settle for any board out there...UD5 is brilliant for the price...Get ASUS only if your into uber OCing or just get one of these...I was planning on gigabyte first but since its much easier to hit 4Ghz with eVGA i went for that instead.

So,here's my final rig:
Core i7 940-20K

Gigabyte X58 UD5- 18K Are you guys sure this mobo is okay? Till now you would've figured out that I'm too paranoid.

Nvidia GTX295- 35K

Corsair- 3x2GB DDR3 -15K. How's OCZ?

WD 1TB- 8K

Coolermaster/Tagan 1100/1000 PSU-8-9K

Total- About 1L. I'm still saving a huge amount

Is the above alright to play all the games at max for at least 1.5 years?

And if I'm not troubling much then which 24" full HD monitor to go for?:D

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Amitash, buy a Cooler Master H20 Cooler, then you'll be able to hit 4.6GHz as well I think. Think about it.

vikrant333

Owner of Core i7
So,here's my final rig:
Core i7 940-20K

Gigabyte X58 UD5- 18K Are you guys sure this mobo is okay? Till now you would've figured out that I'm too paranoid.

Nvidia GTX295- 35K

WD 1TB- 8K

who said core i7 940 costs 20000/-
the price of core i7 940 is 28000/- approx
and go with corsiar HX 1000w supply
ur budget is big so go for Corsiar dominator series ram which costs u same thru KMD and highest frequency till now 1866 MHZ with latency 8-8-8-24 cost 294$
I got my gigabyte x58 UD5 board today its superb costs 17500/-

Shift the topic to Q&A Section

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thank buddy. I got the point.Can you please post a pic of that power cord & what should I exactly tell the shopkeeper to get this power cord. I don't think he will recognise it if I tell him to give me a ICE 320 13 power cord. So in simple words what should I tell him if I want to buy this power cord.
Already replied here ---> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110397 :)

Yeah,I'm getting i7 940 only:D 1.5 L will easily manage all of the stuff. :D

I have no faith in AMD/ATI. Moreover,I'm an Intel/Nvidia fan. So,GTX 295. I'll upgrade to a Dx11 GPU in Jan 2010. That's not a problem.

Tagan? What about Coolermaster?

And ...are there any better mobos than eVGA x58 ? I mean ASUS and all.

Thanks
So,here's my final rig:
Core i7 940-20K

Nvidia GTX295- 35K

WD 1TB- 8K

Since u dnt wanna OC, settle for Gigabyte's GA-EX58-UD5 as its the best board out there at a very gr8 price (of 17K).. :)

Also, for the PSU go for Tagan BZ1100 (1100W) psu, its a stable yet tough beast to handle 3 gpus in 3 way SLi... :)

Also, now post ur config (in quotes) in the Core i7 thread (link in my siggy) .. :)
and yes welcome to the core i7 club :)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

I dunno abt shop in bangalore, but amitash (the user who is the owner of this very thread) :) bought some of his items from a trusted shop www.theitwares.com and i too recommend u that site for ur purchases.. :)

eyal323

Right off the assembly line
ok

another issue, if I don't know anything on OC and i will not use it , what board shoul i buy for the 920?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom