My Build with i5-3570K & GTX 550ti-SLI on ASRock Z77 Extreme6

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
It's like saying HD800 is a waste of money @80k when HD650 is available @29k.

It's like saying HD800 is a waste of money @80k when HD650 is available @29k.
you are talking about almost 40-50k man :-D
He has a reason to say this. They almost have the same internal frame. The 500r has a removable hdd cage, a side 200mm fan and what else :-|. Imo its not worth the extra you pay for the 500r. The extra money you spend can be used for better fans instead.

And @op yes the harddrives can be cooled by an extra cheap fan. You should add the hdds at the front trays of the backside.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Good news guys.... getting Asus HD 7950 3GB Direct CU II Top Edition as gift from someone special.... It will get delivered to me on Friday. So now I need to order the cabinet immediately. Going ahead with rv03.

digitaltab

In the zone
hey mandarpalshikar, a very congratulations to you for new rig:). from where you bought asrock mobo and what was the cost?

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Re: My Build with i5-3570K & GTX 550ti-SLI on ASRock Z77 Extreme6

hey mandarpalshikar, a very congratulations to you for new rig:). from where you bought asrock mobo and what was the cost?

got it from theitdepot.com for 13000

Theitdepot - ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard

Just ordered sliverstone rv03 from primeabgb... costed 9860 including shipping. They will ship it today evening.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats man. I think you are the first person in tdf to use a rv03. And who is this someone special :-D?
What payment method u used to order the cabby?
I will highly recommend you to go through this thread
Silverstone Raven RV03: User review, lessons learned, and build log

Last edited:
OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
paid with credit card... primeabgb did not charge anything extra for CC payment like theitdepot.com does. Contacted them after placing order and they confirmed that they will ship it today evening itself.
Thx for the link... will go through it before starting the build. I'll post unboxing pics of both rv03 and 7950.

Someone special - it really feels funny when you never get old in computing world and still people gift you such things.....

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

If you have 10k, then why not get the silverstone raven rv03 for 9k from primeabgb. Currently Its one of the best air cooling chasis. It will beat the hell out of any case under 10k ;).

Ah!, @OP, you already bought it? Congrats then on buying a unique cabinet. I hope you will enjoy using it.

paid with credit card... primeabgb did not charge anything extra for CC payment like theitdepot.com does. Contacted them after placing order and they confirmed that they will ship it today evening itself.
Thx for the link... will go through it before starting the build. I'll post unboxing pics of both rv03 and 7950.

Can you tell us the amount of shipping cost charged during payment?

Last edited:

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz

@d6bmg i didn't got you man :-|.
Btw the rv03 costs 9.2k w/o shipping. So the shipping charges should be around 600.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Sorry. My post wasn't properly edited. Some part was meant for other thread of another forum.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???

How much of time do primeabgb take usually to ship the items ? I ordered on Thursday morning and had called them. Got updated that it will be shipped same day. But it seems they did not and yesterday was their off-day due to "Dahi Handi" in Mumbai. Nobody is picking up their Web Query mobile number today. So I'm out of clue about the status of shipment.

Update : Got call from primeabgb today after I dropped them a mail enquring about shipping details. They said they will ship it today.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???

Latest Update --- Got to know that primeabgb has shipped my RV03 on Sat evening by Fedex.

@d6bmg - sorry... missed on your post so could not reply... As right said by saikiasunny... it costed me 9.2k rs plus 600 rs for shipping.

Got RV03 delivered right now...
Will assemble the rig tomorrow and post complete pics.

rv03.jpg

techbulb

eUREKA...
congrats on your new rig
i would have gone with cm stryker but SST-RV03 is also good waiting to see the pics

Top Bottom