[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

skc_rule

Broken In
Probably need to contact bank and enable international transactions.

no actually initially i toped up with sbi debit card only and it was approved, then i tried with pockets debit card which was rejected then even sbi debit card used earlier is also being rejected

skc_rule

Broken In
today i got my Indian bank evm master card global i went to atm and activated it by doing transaction(any atm would do not necessarily Indian bank). then i went to origin in shipping address i entered my address exactly as on passbook. and then i added my card and it worked. origin accepted my card just like credit card i could even purchase origin access. this is the best international card one can get for international transactions. and minimum avg bal for Indian bank is only rs250 (without cheque book) and 500(with chequebook)

- - - Updated - - -

and it works on steam too just bought gta5 using same, for every transaction they carge rs 30, so if u r buying from steam or origin first of all add all the games that u want to buy to cart and then proceed to pay. otherwise u will be carged rs30 for each game
so here is a bit updated, i saw my account details and looks like i wasnt charged by steam a single rupee, all neither transaction fees nor the verification fees, there was 0 transaction charge when i used it with steam, however when i registered with origin they deducted rs 65 from my account probably for verification. i think they will refund this amount , after that there was no transaction charges by origin what so ever.

Last edited:

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Paypal currently has a list of banks that supports paypal transcation (includes govt. banks debit cards)

*i.imgur.com/fGQG0Sm.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Great, that means my new MasterCard debit card will work. Sadly, Steam does not accept PayPal payments since moving to Rupees.

MUSAFIR AWARA

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys,
I am a "bank of baroda" user. Does anyone here, using bob debit card. please tell me does bob debit card working for international transaction?. Also, does paypal support bob debit card?

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Anyone knows about this new security coverage by HDFC? Said they would cover for stuff like stolen wallet and everything. Even arrange for hotel and travel if it happens while customer is traveling.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
PayPal now have 2FA. All international cards including sbi debit card work with paypal.
Anything to back this statement?SBI debit cards started working 2-3 months back though SBI signed an agreement with Paypal in 2015.Now SBI appears in the list of 6 major bank logos displayed by Paypal India as supported(along with Axis,HDFC,ICICI,Kotak Mahindra & Citi).
Shop using your Debit and Credit Card -PayPal Indi
Under Faq: Which banks accept international card transactions through PayPal? there is still no big change indicating all indian banks are supported now.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Anything to back this statement?SBI debit cards started working 2-3 months back though SBI signed an agreement with Paypal in 2015.Now SBI appears in the list of 6 major bank logos displayed by Paypal India as supported(along with Axis,HDFC,ICICI,Kotak Mahindra & Citi).
Shop using your Debit and Credit Card -PayPal Indi
Under Faq: Which banks accept international card transactions through PayPal? there is still no big change indicating all indian banks are supported now.
When I recently added my sbi debit card. PayPal take me into the Verified by Visa page where I need to enter my otp after entering otp ₹1 deducted from my account and card gets confirmed

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I already mentioned that SBI cards started working 2-3 months ago with paypal.In fact SBI signed a memorandum with Paypal in may 2015 after which all SBI cards were supposed to work normally with Paypal just like any other Indian website but just as expected from a big govt owned enterprise,it took them almost 1.5 years to achieve it.Also getting your card confirmed with Paypal is not the same as being able to buy with Paypal.Many Indian banks debit cards will let you confirm with Paypal but try purchasing anything from an international site using Paypal & these debit cards will fail.

Sahil Raj

Right off the assembly line
can anyone confirm if ICICI debit card works on Indian Origin Store? i was looking to get the games that are currently on sale. I tried the SBI (basic debit card), which doesnt work as Origin asks only for Credit cards, but somehow ICICI debit cards work as i read it from various replies in this thread, but does it work with Origin store in specific currently? Any help is greatly appreciated

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ICICI debit cards have a consistent history of working everywhere even when other cards failed sometimes so it is a safe bet that it should work with Origin store too.

Top Bottom