[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

Sorry to post it here but didn't want to create a new thread
is onlinesbi.com working for you guys ?
Its not working for me since last night
websitedown.info says its up
Onlinesbi down for everyone or just me? - Check onlinesbi.com now!

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Sorry to post it here but didn't want to create a new thread
is onlinesbi.com working for you guys ?
Its not working for me since last night
websitedown.info says its up
Onlinesbi down for everyone or just me? - Check onlinesbi.com now!
Maybe its down for maintenance.iirc last saturday it was down for a specific time.

Rajatsheoran

Right off the assembly line
Help !

I have state bank of india classic master card and silver master card. I want to use them to buy apps from itunes/apple app store. But when i try to register them i get an error message, probably due to problem of 3D secure code(As mentioned on this thread). Now wot i need to do to register my debit master cards.? Apple says i need to contact my bank(SBI) for this.! What will work for me.? I don''t want to open new account in different bank for this reason ! Only visa cards and master cards are registrable with apple ID at present ! Any suggestions.? :cry:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
get your card blocked and ask for a new mastercard international SBI debit card. they will charge you 200. but even this is not a fullproof solution. best is to apply for a credit card.

imsidz

Life is a GAME, So GameON
Any News on new Axis Bank Youth Account ? Feature and ability to work on International Sites ?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Any News on new Axis Bank Youth Account ? Feature and ability to work on International Sites ?

My Axis account is a youth account and the Visa debit card I have works flawlessly on Google Play. But there are restrictions of max transaction at once[Rs.1500 IIRC]

Arjs

Broken In
I dont understand why you guys still saying axis bank debit card will work on google play.

Please update in the OP that Axis Bank Visa Debit Card DOES NOT work with Google Play Store.

I have confirmed it myself. IT DOES NOT WORK. I have mailed both google and axis bank and received replies telling me the same.

Also.. this guy here is telling the same thing and he has also given screenshots of replies from Axis bank.

Axis Bank VISA Debit Card users will not able to buy Apps from Google Play Store

debit-card-support.jpg

imsidz

Life is a GAME, So GameON
Thanks for informing @arjs , but does it work on sites as Origin.Store ? Steam ? , i just want a phuking card that works on these sites. Went to bank today , and its so so easy to open an account for Axis Youth :) Will do it by tomorrow , but the question remains the same , not involving GooglePlay but , i want info of it working on above stated Sites.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
okay. Axis is not working for me anymore.

I'm updating the table.

gabbarsingh1

Which bank? and also tell whether it is Visa or MasterCard. I'll add to the list.

I doubt. Citibank usually gives you Maestro.

Hey thanx for the information. Bank Of Baroda Visa electron Debit card works for itunes. HDFC debit is not working.

nix253

hohoho ...ico and all the guys who have been "positively" active on this subject on debit cards are great.

i had originally linked my main BOI savings account with paypal but later came to know that i cant transfer funds to paypal account from my savings account because of RBI rules. so i had researched a lot on this on net. but this page ...boy this page had info that felt genuine and not just "it can't be because it didn't work for me" logic.

i had a youth account opened in the axis bank in first week of jan 2013 and in around 14 days received my welcome kit with a debit card, visa to be precise. now i knew enough after reading on net that debit cards won't work unless they had been (sort of) activated by the issuing bank.

so i tried to generate my login pass and transaction password on their site but it didn't authorise so i called the bank and informed them of the issue to which they said that i'd have to first use the card for some transaction on the bank's ATM and not any atm but only at axis bank's ATM. the card, then, would work on any ATM and at other places.

i used the card up for the first time on AXIS ATM for a small transaction. then was able to link my card successfully to paypal too. you know all that deduction of 1.95$ and they sending a 4 digit code for confirmation of card. all went smooth.

now that we're weapons ready it was time for me to move to the battle:-D. i went to steam store to try purchasing mark of the ninja one of the most talked about indie games in 2012.

initially i ran into some trouble from steam's side only i guess. cuz when i chose paypal as payment option and confirmed the payment for the product on the (redirected from steam store) paypal page i didn't reach to any other page for THE FINAL CONFIRMATION. i tried it twice both on steam client and steam store page via browser. and i was worried that maybe i had confirmed for the product twice so would be charged twice. but didn't receive any notification of any kind of debit on my phone. besides i didn't panic too much because the page after which things weren't finalizing did mention clearly that after confirmation of details on this page, the purchase was to be confirmed on the next (which i was not able to get to).

anyways after a while when the third time i did reach that purchase confirmation page, i clicked on purchase. BUT "ERROR" THE PURCHASE WAS NOT AUTHORIZED. PLEASE CHOOSE ANOTHER PAYMENT METHOD AND TRY AGAIN."

then i recalled that somewhere on net i had read that your details especially billing address should match exactly with the billing address on your card.

so this time i chose directly to pay with visa. put in the details carefully with billing address being specifically and EXACTLY the one mentioned on the letter in which the axis bank sent me my PIN.

i reached the final purchase confirmation page and clicked on PURCHASE.

VOILA! mark of the ninja, MY FIRST DLC GAME EVER, in my games library on steam.

by the way after all this i'd like to ask that the first time when i chose paypal for payment option- did steam fail to transact because the billing details mentioned by me were matching that which i had put into my paypal profile rather than those which were associated with my debit card? and yes the debit card is selected as primary payment option on paypal too.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@nix253

Directly paying with your card on Steam is the best option. :) Paypal usually takes some fee for a transaction.

Hey thanx for the information. Bank Of Baroda Visa electron Debit card works for itunes. HDFC debit is not working.
Thanks. :) I have updated.

zeusaka

I'm having Indian itunes account and before november all apps pricing were in US$.And my axis bank priority visa debit used to work.Since after that after pricing was changed,all my transactions are being declined.Can't purchase any apps or music.Can anyone help me out in this problem.Also,I tried SBI VCC,but itunes gives error of invalid security code ie:-CVV2 number.Is anyone facing similar problem?:-(:-(:cry:

Top Bottom