Broken In
Re: Must have/favourite Android apps!!

My Apps:
Photo Warp = makes your photos funny
picSay = Photo editing
pixl-0-mati = photo editing
Real calc = Scientific calculator
Klaxon = Alarm clock
Convertpad = Units converter(can convert almost all things)
Ultimate Voice recorder= Voice recording
Documents to go = word/pdf/excel/ppt editor adn viewer
Stop watch & timer = Stopwatch + timer
just pictures = view pics faster than Gallery
handent sms = sms app

games
mineweeper
sppedx3d

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer

^^ ajay try befunky for pic editing, its pretty cool app, its pc version also available in chrome app market.

and for viewing picture quickpic is must try :)

ajay600

Broken In

^^ ajay try befunky for pic editing, its pretty cool app, its pc version also available in chrome app market.

and for viewing picture quickpic is must try :)

i use a basic android phone m8 with low processor speed:cry: and i tried quickPic and I can confirm that JustPictures was very fast in loading pics. even with my low end phone, there was no loading time...
On the other hand QuickPic had some 1 second loading time

Befunnky was not compatible to my phone

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer

then I should try Justpictures :D
actually I am a big fan of befunky chrome app, that runs on pc, because of that app, I installed mobile app, thats restricted a lot though w.r.t to chrome app. :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

VLC launched unofficially for Android!
[APP][27FEB][GB|ICS] VLC Media Player Beta *unofficial* - xda-developers

Following files are available for download:
VLC-20120227.apk [ARM11]
VLC-20120226.apk [Cortex-A8, NEON]
VLC-20120227.apk [Cortex-A9]

And so I am wondering which apk to download for my Optimus One.

aroraanant

Explorer

Some of the free apps and games which I am using and which are highly recommended are:
Apps
IRCTC
ES File explorer
Dropbox
ebuddy
Barcode scanner
imdb
letsbuy
Merriam-webster(a good offline dictionary)
Moboplayer
Nimbuzz
Talking tom 2
Wiki Encyclopedia
TubeMate

Games
AirAttack HD Part 1
BreakTheBrick
Andry Birds(normal,seasons as well as rio)
Bubble Blast 2
Bubbles
BY Xmas
CJ Strike Back(same as NinJump,I have both and both are good but I recommend CJ)
My Paper Plane 3 Lite
Moon Chaser
PapiOrange
PapiWall
PapiRiver
Pool Master Pro
Racing Moto
Racing Thunder
DuckHunt(same as we use to play on the Video Game)
Shoot Bubble
Glow Snake
Tetris
Glow Hockey
Drop
Saitaire
Fruit Ninja
StarDunk
iRunner
Tank Hero
Turkey
Sudoku
Defender
Trap
Ninja Rush
YooNinja Plus
Aliens
Jwels Deluxe
Jumping Now
Pocket Soccer
Cross Fire:War On
Stupid Zombies
4 in a row
Zombie Dash
Trial X Free

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ That is quite an exhaustive list of games you have shared! Thanks for that since maybe games are the only section, where I wasn't able to experiment much because of my phone's limited internal memory and crappy 2G speeds! :D

aroraanant

Explorer

^^^
Thank you,actually my friends and also my mom are very fond of playing games on my mobile.It is not like I don't play but my friends play more then me and when I am at home my mom snatches my phone from me to play games....he he he ;)

aroraanant

Explorer

I would like to add some more which I forget to enter.
And here they goes:
Speedx 3D (the nicest game in my phone)
MX Moto
MX Mayhem(same as MX moto)
Devil Ninja2(very nice)
Inotia3(not that good)

Edward Dawson

Right off the assembly line

Greetings All,

One of my favorite business app "WorldCard Mobile" got updated. The new version WorldCard Mobile 4.0.0 is here.

Here are the strinking features of the new version.

add QR code recognition
add 9 languages recognition, includes Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico), Turkish.

rahul_c

Journeyman
RD Mute - switch to silent when turned upside down.
Google sky maps - Point at any star and find its name.
MySettings - I use this as power bar alternate.
Autostarts(root) - Disable auto startup of apps.
Calorie counter - if calorie concious this is best food tracking app.
Mixzing - It detects and tags songs automatically.
CoverArt downloader - downloads missing album arts.
ES file explorer - I like it better than astro.
Equalizer - this helps sound a lot, eats CPU though.
Free SMS India
Mobo player - it plays any video.
Photoshop Express
Skitch - drawing board type.
SyncMyPix - Get all fb images as contact images.
Google translate
Tubemate - download videos from youtube.
WebMD - its almost like a doctor, enter symptoms and it list possible conditions and their treatments.
Zedge - for wallpapers, ringtones
aTorrent

Games - Shoot the apple, Speedx 3D, Angry birds, geared

I have 67 apps in total. :)

Sujeet

Undead!!!

The Best Android Apps
90% of my personal choice are already listed in this list.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

can we have the first page like this ...?

No. Unless you volunteer to categorize apps in proper categories and ready to take some notes on each of them.

One problem is unlike the list of games in that thread, the number of the Android apps is TOO BIG. But if you willing to make a comprehensive list out of the list mentioned in this thread, we can work on to put them in the first thread. :)

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

notes means description? i can copy paste that.... :razz:

i can do the work of maintaing it, i am online half of the day doing nothing. i i i will post the list here after 2-3days when i'll use computer. will categorise them as they are on google play.....

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

notes means description? i can copy paste that.... :razz:
You are right about that. Description and some personal views if you have used the app.

Looking forward to the list. :)

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
This thread is entitled for the list games and apps We Digitians - play and use on our Android Smart Phones....

Thanks to all the people who posted here......

Games List

Angry Birds
Category- Arcade
Angry Birds original

Use the unique powers of the Angry Birds to destroy the greedy pigs' fortresses!
The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the greedy pigs who stole their eggs. Use the unique powers of each bird to destroy the pigs’ fortresses. Angry Birds features challenging physics-based gameplay and hours of replay value. Each of the 300 levels requires logic, skill, and force to solve.

Angry Birds Rio

In Angry Birds Rio, the original Angry Birds are kidnapped and taken to the magical city of Rio de Janeiro, where they eventually escape their captors and set out to save their friends, Blu and Jewel – two rare macaws and the stars of the hit motion picture, Rio. Angry Birds Rio pairs the physics-based gameplay of the original game with unique twists based on the film.

Angry Birds Seasons

Angry Birds Seasons takes the captivating gameplay of the original to a whole new level! From Halloween to Chinese New Year, the birds are celebrating different festive seasons around the world! With more than 260 levels and regular free updates, these special episodes offer more challenging levels of pig-popping action and golden eggs to discover.

Raging Thunder 2
Category- Racing
Link
An adrenaline pumping 3D racer, featuring cross-platform multiplayer!
Raging Thunder 2 will take you through abandoned temples, tropical beaches, snow-covered mountains,
the Great Wall and a range of other breathtaking vistas the world over!
Key features:
- Console quality 3D graphics
- Cross-platform multiplayer racing
- Fast paced, intense gameplay

Paper Toss
Category- Time Pass
Link
Have you ever been bored at work, crumpled up a piece of paper and counted how many times you can make it in a small trash can? Has your boss ever gone out for a quick bite while you and your co-workers see how far you can move the trash can away and still make the paper shot? Have you ever brought in electric fans to make the shot even harder?
This game is oddly satisfying . . . much like tossing a real ball of crumpled paper into a metal trash basket. So realistic, you will think you are stuck in an office killing time.

Cut The Rope (paid only)
Category- Puzzle
Original
The little monster Om Nom is hungry and the only thing standing between him and a full belly is you – that is your help cutting the ropes that hold the candy he wants. Swipe your finger across the ropes to release the delicious bundles into his mouth. But don’t forget to collect the stars and break the bubbles along the way – easier said than done when enemies and obstacles await!

Experiments
ZeptoLab's Cut the Rope: Experiments features the familiar and loveable little monster Om Nom who is discovered by a mad (but not bad) scientist determined to study his candy-loving behavior through a series of experiments.

Speedx 3d
Category- Survival Single Racing
Link
Speedx is an action 3D tunnel game where you have to avoid colourful blocks by using tilt motion controls. Choose one from four available difficulties, speed of game increases dramatically on each next difficulty.
Collect bonuses to increase your shield resistance, destroy blocks, break warnings or to slow your speed. In addition, Speedx is a first game on the market which supports red-cyan and green-magenta 3D glasses!

Worms (paid only)
Category- Arcade
Link
Play the original, fun and explosive strategy game – NOW OPTIMIZED FOR ANDROID!
The original, award-winning, turn-based strategy game – now playable on even more Android devices!
Send your worm platoons into battle with cult-classic weapons like the Banana Bomb and Super Sheep, plus wacky new ones like Spartan Kick and The Brick

Fruit Ninja
Category- Timepass
Link
Fruit Ninja is a juicy action game with squishy, splatty and satisfying fruit carnage! Become the ultimate bringer of sweet, tasty destruction with every slash.
Swipe up across the screen to deliciously slash fruit like a true ninja warrior. With three games modes in single player and worldwide leaderboards using Openfeint, the addictive gameplay will keep you coming back for even higher scores.

Slice It
Category- Puzzle
Link
Fast Fun with a Geometric Flair!
"Slice It!" is all about slicing shapes into fragments that are equal in size.
Sound easy? It may start out that way, but soon you'll be cutting into fragments that will puzzle you like never before.

Star Pagga
Category- Space Dogfighting
Link
StarPagga is one of the most action packed multiplayer games available on the Android Market! You can configure your spacecraft, and engage in a series of dangerous fast-paced dogfights.
• Battle in a variety of different space environments from Saturn's rings, dense asteroid fields, orbital construction zones, deep fog plasma clouds and planet surfaces
• Use the accelerometer or touch interface to control your spacecraft
• Use the mini-map radar to track your position, and that of your wingmen and enemies
• You'll need to master evasive combat manoeuvres

Drag Racing
CAtegory- Name says it all!
Link
- Drive 50+ cars including the officially licensed 1200 bhp Hennessey Venom GT™
- Buy performance upgrades, tune and customize your car
- Challenge other racers online! Race 1 on 1, drive your opponent's car, or participate in 10-player races in Pro League
- XPERIA PLAY Optimized

Devil Ninja 2
CAtegory- Adventure
Link
New battle on the devil's land, It's time for the ninja to action, In this fast paced fighting game, Your task is to fight against the monsters, kill king of the monsters, And there are various items to increase your combat effectiveness. Have fun!

Apps List

Browsers
Dolphin HD
Features:
★ Sonar – Dolphin listens and lets you use your voice to search on the Internet, share on your favorite social networks, bookmark your favorite website, navigate and more.
★ Gesture - Let your inner artist out and create a personal Gesture (symbol) to access the mobile and desktop websites you use the most.
★ Add-on – Beef up your mobile Web/Internet browsing experience by installing the Add-ons for the tasks you need at your fingertips. With more than 60 and counting, Dolphin Add-ons enables any action to be done right within the browser. You can check out the Add-on features with 3 preloaded on your right Sidebar.
★ Webzine - Fast Web page loading, with no ads. Dolphin Webzine simplifies the way you read your favorite mobile content, from news to blogs and websites. Webzine is now available as an Add-on on the Android Market.
★ Speed Dial - Visit you favorite mobile and desktop websites on the go with one touch.
★ Tabbed browsing - No need to toggle between screens, tabbed browsing lets you open and switch between Web pages fast as lightning.
★ Sidebars - Make the best of mobile interface via Dolphin Sidebar.

Opera Mobile
Features:
-A new interface looks better on your device and gives Opera Mobile a sleek, modern browser appearance.
-Pinch-to-zoom and smooth panning let you surf in a natural, intuitive way.
-Synchronize bookmarks, Speed Dial and more with your computer or other mobile devices via Opera Link.
-Twitter and Facebook support is built in, so you can easily share Web content with others.
-Games and free apps can be downloaded from the Opera Mobile Store in Opera Mobile's Speed Dial.
Opera Mini
- FAST: Opera’s speed and efficient controls put it ahead of all other browsers.
- EASY: Surf the Web on your mobile as easily as on a desktop computer.
- SAVE MONEY: Reduce data costs by up to 90% with our unique compression technology.
– Speed Dial shows you all of your favorite websites at a glance. Pull them up with one tap!
– Tabs let you keep multiple pages open and switch between them.
– Reading online is better with page sizes, address bars and toolbars that adjust automatically.

Launchers
GO Launcher
=Features=
- Thousands of personalized themes
- Various widgets and screen locks (weather, switcher, calendar…)
- Extremely smooth transition animation
- Smooth flipping operation
- User-defined folder to easily categorize apps
Many options in preferences to help you customize you phone!
ADW.Launcher
ADW.Launcher, beyond tweaking your android desktop
Opensource home replacement app
-Customizable application drawer (old one or iphone/galaxy one)
-Customizable drag&drop action buttons
-Unveil the Dockbar flicking-up the app-drawer button and drop UNLIMITED shortcuts/folders!
-Themes
LauncherPro
- Super-smooth scrolling
- Animated screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense)
- Up to 7 home screens
- App drawer (2D and 3D!) with a fly-in effect and smooth scrolling
- Scrollable shortcut dock
Helix Launcher
Fast!
Sense UI-like scrolling
Live Wallpapers
Screen Rotation
Screen Previews
Up to 7 screens!
Quick Shortcuts! - Drag & Drop

SMS Manager
GO SMS
Full SMS/MMS support
-- GO Share service, send file through 2G/3G/4G or WIFI or by one SMS
-- GO Chat/Facebook Chat support
-- Doodle, Handwriting
-- Private box
-- Schedule SMS
-- Batch modes
-- Popup with quick reply, privacy mode
-- SMS backup and restore by all or by conversations, can be sent to email
-- Many cool themes; also DIY theme, Theme Maker plug-in;
Handcent SMS
Handcent SMS is a powerful, customizable, and free SMS/MMS app that fully unleashes the messaging potential of Android devices. More than just an unsurpassed alternative to the stock Android messaging app, Handcent SMS features optional, seamless online integration with your My Handcent Online account allowing users to circumvent the limitations of the Android OS and wireless carriers.

Video Players
MX Player
-MULTI-CORE DECODING
-SUBTITLE SCROLL
-All video format support
-Support almost all subtitles type
Mobo Player
-All video formats (need to choose "software decoding" mode in most cases)
-Popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA
-Subtitles built in MKV, MPV, MOV, and others
-Multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles
-Playlists and continuous play on same type files
-Videos streamed through HTTP, RTSP protocols
-Media libraries and sort videos by type
-Thumbnail displays of videos
RockPlayer
RockPlayer is high performance, almost all formats media player with a lot of functions. It saves your time and disk space to transcoding or format converting. Just put your video on sdcard or click the URL in browser to watch it.
It load .srt external subtitle with same name of video automatically and support .m3u playlist.

Root Apps
Superuser
Needs No description...! :)
Titanium Backup
You can backup, restore, freeze (with Pro) your apps + data + Market links. This includes all protected apps & system apps, plus external data on your SD card. You can do 0-click batch & scheduled backups. Backups will operate without closing any apps (with Pro). You can move any app (or app data) to/from the SD card. You can browse any app's data and even query the Market to see detailed information about the app.
Chainfire3D
Chainfire3D - Take control of your GPU (OpenGL) !
Take control over your GPU!
Chainfire3D is an intermediary OpenGL driver. What does that mean? It means that Chainfire3D sits between your apps and the graphics drivers, and can intercept and/or change commands between the two. It has some built-in functions, and can be further extended with plugins to provide extra functionality.
SetCPU (paid. free only for xda developers)
SetCPU is a tool for changing the CPU settings (capable of overclock and underclock) on a rooted Android phone.SetCPU also allows you to set up powerful profiles to change the CPU speed under certain conditions, such as when the phone is asleep or charging, when the battery level drops below a certain point, when the phone's temperature is too high, or during certain times of day.
Antutu CPU Master
-AnTuTu CPU Master is a tool for changing the CPU/GPU speed on a rooted Android Mobile Phone/Pad.
-CPU Master Automatic detection CPU's available frequencys, don't need to manually choose.
-CPU Master's OverclockWidget show the CPU and battery stats, and change the CPU speed faster and simple.
Link2SD
Link2SD is an application that makes it easy for Android 1.6+ users with root privileges on their phone to move applications to the SD card.
The idea behind is same with apps2sd scripts, linking applications to SD card's second partition but differs in two ways.
One, instead of linking /data/app folder (that means moving all applications), you can select applications that you want to move.
Two, it's an application which means has a user interface. You can manage your applications with few clicks.

Benchmarks
Antutu
AnTuTu Benchmark can run a full test of a key project, through the "Memory Performance","CPU Integer Performance","CPU Floating point Performance","2D 3D Graphics Performance","SD card reading/writing speed","Database IO" performance testing on the mobile phone Performance of the hardware to make score.
Quadrant
Quadrant is a CPU, I/O and 3D graphics benchmark. The Standard Edition requires an Internet connection to compute benchmark results and is supported by ads.
The application does not work on devices with no GPU (Spica, Tattoo)
Linpack
Speed test your Android device and ROM with this standard CPU benchmark. Check the speed of your Android device and compare it to other Android devices. Results in millions of floating point operations per second (MFLOPS). Save results or post to the website to beat the best times.

SD Tools
With SD Tools you can check your microSD card information (Name, Date, MID, OEMID,...). You can check if your card is fake. (Check serial number and MID and OEMID).
You can also benchmark sd card writing and reading speeds.
Nenamark2
NenaMark2 is an OpenGL|ES 2.0 benchmark for high-end mobile devices, continuing where the popular NenaMark1 left off with more advanced graphical effects and higher resolution graphics.
Unlike many other benchmarks, NenaMark measures performance using realistic scenes that could be taken from a typical game and presents the result in frames per second, i.e. providing an intuitive performance number that can be used for realistic comparisons between different devices.
Neocore
Neocore is an OpenGL-ES 1.1 graphics performance benchmark for Android devices. It shows off some of the techniques that are possible on accelerated platforms such as 1-pass light maps and bump mapping.

Status/ To Do
- Alpha version
- Arrange in Order
- Categorize them and remove category from the spoiler
- Add More Games And Apps(especially the ones that are not famous)

Last edited:
Top Bottom