Status
Not open for further replies.

damnthenet

Journeyman
hi,
Gonna buy a pc soon...
Please tell me what sound card I should opt for... I know music and I will use my computer for home recording... I'm only beginner and not an expert
Thanks

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if only for home-entertainment, then buy Intel DG965WH m/b & any Core2Duo, to enjoy the ViiV technology.

this 965WH m/b has really nice onboard 7.1, Dolby... Audio card.

when you configure it to 7.1 mode, dude you never gonna regret this m/b:twisted:, simply awesome experience (with an onboard :wink: ).

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
u gonna buy PC soon...good ..congrats...but how much u allocate for soudn card and speakers depends on ur budget and needs....so if u want config too ..please do post ur budget and use....else members here will start giving u there dream config ..even for soudn card and speakers ....;)

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
wht is ur budget??

You can get creative Audigy 4 for 5k....Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 for 1.4k or X.Fi for 8k...you will hv to mention ur budget!

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
thanks for all the replies...
I am an musician and I will need to record some music and connect my MIDI keyboad.... My budget is around 4k

goobimama

 Macboy
The main thing you haven't mentioned is what speakers you planning on plugging into the sound card. Cause its a waste driving a cheap 2.1 into an X-Fi...

Ch@0s

In the zone
Will if you wanna do any sort of recording, stay away from creatives. Their recording capabilities are pretty poor other than the XFi platinum or higher. If you want a cheap nice recording card, look for the EMU 0404 or M-Audio Audiophile 24/96.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
how is creative SB 24bit and inspire speaker4.1 4400 and 5.1 5200 ? i havent heard creative proucts...do these sound like the sony mini hi-fi music systems ??

gurujee said:
how is creative SB 24bit and inspire speaker4.1 4400 and 5.1 5200 ? i havent heard creative proucts...do these sound like the sony mini hi-fi music systems ??
Creative Products are Awesome..BOSE is the best in business ,however BOSE is costly...in speakers I can assure u that Creative Inspire rocks.
2.1--1600rs
4.1--2500rs..approx Bangalore Prices...not idea abt 5.1..I guess it shud be somewhere arnd 3K. And I think most modern Motherboards have good on board sound cards..though Audigy series is pro..I think realtek ,ADI and sigmatel chips are also great..Intel 865GBF board has ADI,965 is having Sigmatel chip on it..most popular is Realtek among on boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom