MUMBAI controversy

what do u think about this controversy ?

• political gimmick and i dont agree to such claims

Votes: 56 77.8%
  • not a political gimmick and i am with this

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • i dont care

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

motobuntu

Journeyman
@praka
man, is somebody threatning or forcing you to use hindi???

Stay with whatever language your comfortable. But to connect with mainstream you should know Hindi and that's a fact.

It is the most important and popular language for national, political and commercial communication in our country.

Nowadays even in your south Indian film songs they are using hindi lines because they want to connect to mainstream.

Even the south indian politician's are learning Hindi to enter in to national politics.

Ofcourse, hindi is easiest to learn in comparison to other languages, that's why south indian's are learning it so fast now a days from their hindi speaking colleageus.

Hindi is our national language and hence should be respected by each and every Indian.

Keep rocking HINDI!!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
stay away from hindi imposition on South.Infact u Hindians dont have any Idea how it will be in South India as u all know is a Blore or Hyderabad :rolleyes:
mainstream?who said hindians are mainstream?upto 50% or more in India are non-hindi speakers :) get it!do u think I should expect you to talk to me in pure malayalam when I visit Bombay or Delhi?aaah...it feels weird?isnt it?the same way we feel,when u damn harcore hindians insist on talking Hindi- damn hindians should keep their hindi to themself and try to communicate in English-the Universal Language.

sardars,gujju's,here in my town comes to shops talking hindi and insists on that.I can hear "bhai kmaaaaaaal hai,hindi to rashtrbhasha hai to ye log kyun nahi samajh raha etc".?<-these people should first understand that the hindi is a enforcement on other Indians.they SHOULD NOT expect any non-hindi speaker to speak that.

and the shopkeepers who are roadside sellers even communicate with these sardars in English.NOT hindi.remember that unlike karnataka and Blore,although after heavy no.of immigrants from BIMARU and Bengalis(in Ernakulam district esp),we in Kerala,asks others to either communicate in English or in Malayalam else fcuk off!

We respect Our language and dont give a damn about this foreign lanugage called hindi.

English is not forced by Christian missionaries.English is officially taught in colleges in Kerala long back in British Rule esp in Travancore.
Christians in South India-you will be surprised to know that Syrian Christians,who are majority in Kerala are converted by St.Thomas 2000+yrs back those Jews,brahmins etc.So,where is the question of Missionaries and English come?
also,goan Chrisitans are converted mixed by Portugese only;not English.

get over this-we dont want Hindi at any cost in South India.
English is the universal Language and all Indians need to know English as a communication language.
It is not those who browse internet or those who are educated that I am talking about.A local Tamilian,Andhrite or Kannadiga talks with many a English words.he can understand a European tourist with half baked English.I know that rural bengal,BIMARU are not.let them learn English than hindi.English earns benefits.heck,even I can communicate everyone with English,not kindi.

@moto:yr wrong!that Hindi lines in local songs are for the melody which I agree Hindi songs does have and even south indians except tamilians enjoy hindi songs thats not a big deal as we in kerala enjoy tamil,western,arabic songs also.Hindi language chauavinism wont help you get anywhere.

back to topic:
this "west India" or Bombay,Gujarat area protests against North Indian Migration and imposition of Hindi.it is not a rare incident but a mirror of what people of Maharashtra feels.I know that Marathi's are very much patriotic about their state.expect more results if north pours down south and west :rolleyes:

satyamy

Alive Again...
its all Bull****
raj is a stupid, senseless man

whoes the one who voted for
not a political gimmick and i am with this
guys find him :mad:

i hate this type politician.Raj wants to break our country into parts shame on him just hang him
Totally agreed with you
HANG him

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
i will go for "political gimmick and i dont agree to such claims"..
India is a democratic and secular nation..Every one has a right to move to any state within India and earn money or settle in that state....Mumbai doesn't only belongs to Maharashtra but to whole India as well...

I just watched NDTV yesterday and felt very sad...Poor Taxi drivers are beaten up and their taxies are damaged..The worst thing is the press reporters just covering the rampage and are not doing anything to prevent it..:mad:

praka123

left this forum longback
No where in the world will people flows from every part of the country concentrated on big cities neglecting other parts of the country.
I am talking about Bombay,now Bangalore in India :)

this north indian downpour to Bombay and south will not stop until Bihar,UP(C.G,U.A etc),Bengal,Assam and all of bimaru get better governance and funds from central government to get these states go with national mainstream average reg literacy,per capita income etc.

no need to say that politicians on these parts are the most corrupt(lalllu eg)

Edburg

In the zone
looks like thakarey succeeded in making us divided in terms of state even right here in this forum....

i for one will not learn hindi just cos hindi is spoken majority in india.....if so why cant everyone in world speak english as it is the most common....

even in SRM university chennai all the hindians group into one and mistreat the southerners as second class people and that too here in chennai itself....thank God chennai is still local(tamil) following its own cultures unlike hyderabad and not give in to those suckers.....i am not against all hindians but only those sick a$$ ones such as thakery

praka123

left this forum longback
^well said Edburg.but thackerey is against rest of India:p not alone a language thingy!

@edburg:the thing is these ppl does not know that there are places in India where "Hindi" is not even Heard!:p but our poor Hindians dont understand this and they are thinking rest of India is also somehow related to Hindi; :-| pathetic.

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
@mediator

Extremely sorry for the misunderstanding. I apologize if any of my statements or example hurt anyone in this forum. I never meant to be partial. Also, I am not into any posts in fight club, but thought I will clarify something.

What you meant is same as what I meant. The example you gave is exactly same as the one I gave ! We both meant the same thing. Some people act wiered !! Some may be from North and some may be from South. I am not in favor or against any.

What I meant is, if someone from South goes to North and if they want to buy something or want to talk to something, want some help - speak in a language which the North Indian people can understand. Do not keep talking all malayalam or kannada which the other guys will not have a clue !!

Same with the North Indians, if they come to south, talk in a language which south people can understand. Yes, it is not easy, but to interact we have to find a solution. There is no need to force anyone, I gave that example (thats form my experience) because the lady explained it like a crime, bashing all south Indian people. I am very sure there will be some south people doing the same (going to North and telling they are not speaking malayalam or tamil and by speaking hindi they are doing a crime !!!)

Well, as I meant before language is just a color. In infra's words, just an OS :)D), use teh one which you prefer, change it when you want others to understand what you are talking. Thats all ! No north and south. Actually we should be proud of ourself than any other country in the world, like 30 or more languages in a country, all entirely different and we have a unity that we are all Indians !

Enough I think lol and yes, fight club was / is never my section. This is my last post in this thread too.

Thank you all. And once again - I am really sorry if my first post was confusing or abusive.

praka123

left this forum longback
din said:
I am very sure there will be some south people doing the same (going to North and telling they are not speaking malayalam or tamil and by speaking hindi they are doing a crime !!!)
Definitely NOT! not even a person from TN expect such a thing!Only these Hindians are such a Hypocrats!.

mediator

Technomancer
English is not forced by Christian missionaries.English is officially taught in colleges in Kerala long back in British Rule esp in Travancore.
Christians in South India-you will be surprised to know that Syrian Christians,who are majority in Kerala are converted by St.Thomas 2000+yrs back those Jews,brahmins etc.So,where is the question of Missionaries and English come?
also,goan Chrisitans are converted mixed by Portugese only;not English.
I couldn't find anywhere any excerpt saying they were converted 2000+ yrs back save that the tradition itself sprung in the first centry.

Are the people from south really that gullible that they can be converted that easily so as to form the largest christian population in INDIA?? If 'no', then why such hatred for north INDIANS and loss of patriotism??

What was their orginal culture?? Also, it seems the cast system which has been given a totally new meaning has risen to its full disgrace in South. Is that their culture?? Corrupted cast system and reservations based on it, like 60% ??? :oops:

If southies luv their culture, then I shudn't be the one tellin em bt what the cast system meant!

A brahmin from south in my society/locality not even wishing to see the face of a sweeper (shudhra?) ?? WTH?? Isn't a sweeper a human? How can one decide if he's a shudra? By just looking at his money power?

We in our north, celebrate by inviting everyone, giving away sweets to sweepers/watchmen everyone!!

I am in no way bashing the South, but just stating the reality where the present and illogcal cries against the cultural corruption 'from south' have no meaning.

Culture corruption, language rhetorics! What next? Country partition? :sad:

I agree with @edburg.....Raj thakarey is suceeding!

praka123

left this forum longback
Indeed there is caste system in kerala(or u can say "was") and south especially.
We(Syrian Nazarani's) have lot of old documents which Old families keep for centuries and ballads of St.Thomas and even Gospel of St.Thomas of Pesheetta Bible that was banned by Pope.these ppl are converted loong back and major proofs like Ramban pattu and Thaliyola Ezhtuhus etc are burned off by the Latin(portugese) Bishop of Goa in 16th century getting angry to know that there is Eastern Christianity flourishing in Kerala long before it came to Europe.also our unity was destroyed under latin(portugese) persecution. there are places in kerala, we have pilgrim centres where St.Thomas came and converted.I dont know how easy or tough it was during that time 1st century!still,it can be seen that there are lot of jewish population in Kerala during old times as long back as BC800 and they are the 1st here to embrace Christianity.St.Thomas may have come across one of such ships carrying Jews who are travelling to kerala for business.also brahmins are NOT force converted afaik.there are miracles done by the apostle.but it is not upto me to prove a 1st century thing.as ppl tend to think that Christians=Goa=loose morals sucks.come here and see how we are following Hindu customs.]
also kerala is very different from TN or any other southern state when it comes to cultural aspects.

ontopic:
Unlike in north,where English missionaries worked to spread English,In south we have English education came under British rule.

also,unlike North India,many developmental projects finished under british rule esp travancore.I am not justifying british.but this is reality.
Infact Travancore was saved from Gore of Tipu Sultan,the Islamic devil with the help of British only.otherwise,we all will be eliminated or converted to Islam :rolleyes:

mediator

Technomancer
Indeed there is caste system in kerala(or u can say "was") and south especially.
We(Syrian Nazarani's) have lot of old documents which Old families keep for centuries and ballads of St.Thomas and even Gospel of St.Thomas of Pesheetta Bible that was banned by Pope.these ppl are converted loong back and major proofs like Ramban pattu and Thaliyola Ezhtuhus etc are burned off by the Latin(portugese) Bishop of Goa in 16th century getting angry to know that there is Eastern Christianity flourishing in Kerala long before it came to Europe.also our unity was destroyed under latin(portugese) persecution. there are places in kerala, we have pilgrim centres where St.Thomas came and converted.I dont know how easy or tough it was during that time 1st century!still,it can be seen that there are lot of jewish population in Kerala during old times as long back as BC800 and they are the 1st here to embrace Christianity.St.Thomas may have come across one of such ships carrying Jews who are travelling to kerala for business.also brahmins are NOT force converted afaik.there are miracles done by the apostle.but it is not upto me to prove a 1st century thing.as ppl tend to think that Christians=Goa=loose morals sucks.come here and see how we are following Hindu customs.
also kerala is very different from TN or any other southern state when it comes to cultural aspects.
Or shud I say degraded Hindu customs where many times a 'lower' cast is forbidden to enter a temple? I've been many times to south and thats y I know what its like..... pujaris arguing for a rich amount of money for a puja or simple "mantra ucharan" from people who they think can be deceived and taking a dollar or 2 from foreign tourists??.....thats even worse than cast system and this scenario reigns supreme in south!

I am not concerned about which form of christianity they got converted to. The fact is that they got converted and their culture changed and now the same people crying foul for some lame reason that Northies r trying to impose their culture?

But even if it is so for some exceptional cases that I've never heard of, then also I guess it is much more human and open minded where people have learnt to reason!!

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
well this thread seems much more worse than the thacker's comment.....

he is making this type of comments for only the political gains....but looking at this thread it
seems he is much better...

Ya there are some people in india, whether north indians or south indians or any other indians, who wants to dominate over others..they are the ones who are trying to impose languages over others....

well coming to the basic: language is used for communication...

and about the hindi...if it was not in the school syllabus ..well i wouldn't have studied..no offense..but its the real case and my mother tongue is malayalam..

well there was no need for me to study hindi except for getting marks..but i was imposed to learn english since it was the universal language...so that i could communicate outside the india also for my future.. i have never visited any states in north..so i rather don't needed to learn hindi..

but knowing hindi comes handy when i am watching hindi movies..ohh yaa...haha
but while watching the amir khans fanaa, i was left behind coz i couldnt understand the the poems (i think sheheriya or something as u may say) he say in the movie..while he was saying those poems..i barely understand the first line ..and other north indians besides me starting clapping ..i was like WTF ..why are these people clapping..well it was a funny experince....

so if u wants to study hindi study it or dont study it but dont impose this on others saying this is the national language and other stuff like that..

patriotism is not about what languages we know..but about how can we make use of the things we knew to make india a better place........

and about thackery..he is a$$hole......

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
prakash what bull sh1t are u talking :? you are ready to accept english a foreign language as a common language but have a problem in calling a language of ur own country which is spoken and understood more than 70% yes it is 70% .... hypocrisy and inflated egoes keep a chk on them sir; they result in more deaths than heart attacks :)

please go to sri-lanka if u have a problem with hindi ;) india was and is hindustan :p

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
here are my 2cents:

People frm north india insist on using hindi when they are in south coz thats the most common language they know, unlike south where english is taught in schools most north indian schools dont implemnt teaching english compulsarily unless they are private schools. Hence the reason for their astonishment.

People frm southern states are at an advantage here as they can communicate in english and expect to be understood by anyone knowing english.

As for forcing to learn a lang, no one is doing it. If u wish then learn it else leave it.

As for Raj Thackery, he is just drawing attention towards him and his good for nothing party. Screw him.

praka123

left this forum longback
prakash what bull sh1t are u talking :? you are ready to accept english a foreign language as a common language but have a problem in calling a language of ur own country which is spoken and understood more than 70% yes it is 70% .... hypocrisy and inflated egoes keep a chk on them sir; they result in more deaths than heart attacks :)

please go to sri-lanka if u have a problem with hindi ;) india was and is hindustan :p
I have a problem with Hindi imposition,Why SHOULD I GO OUT OF MY HOME LAND? eh?WHY DONT U DO A STFU?
We dont care about ur Hindi.keep ur Hindian thing to urself.dont try to impose hindi -IT IS NOT POSSIBLE in S.India.

Better u hindians change ur attitude.Hypocrats!

@infinite:well said :) these id!ots dont understand the real situation in South India.most of these northy migrants comes to Andhra Hyderabad or Ktaka Bangalore and the locals there are accomodative to Hindi culturally.but that was not the case in Kerala or TN .

I feel sorry for this a$$holes who thinks that Hindi is understood all over india :x keep ur hindi on urself.

It is our generosity that we speak to ur language when u hindians are in cities like blore.:x better understand that!
what national language?Holy sh!t?
English anytime.we are not panjabis or haryanvis to have a problem with british.better learn History.

When Britishers ruled Calcutta was Indias Biggest city.Madras was a thriving business city.all developement got centralized once after India gov focussed developments(northistan) on Bombay and Delhi?

what reasons?DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT A TAMILIAN HAVE THE SAME CULTURE AS YOURS? NO!They are orthodox preserves their LANG and Tamil Culture and I feel proud of them

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I have a problem with Hindi imposition,Why SHOULD I GO OUT OF MY HOME LAND? eh?WHY DONT U DO A STFU?
We dont care about ur Hindi.keep ur Hindian thing to urself.dont try to impose hindi -IT IS NOT POSSIBLE in S.India.

Better u hindians change ur attitude.Hypocrats!

@infinite:well said :) these id!ots dont understand the real situation in South India.most of these northy migrants comes to Andhra Hyderabad or Ktaka Bangalore and the locals there are accomodative to Hindi culturally.but that was not the case in Kerala or TN .

I feel sorry for this a$$holes who thinks that Hindi is understood all over india :x keep ur hindi on urself.

It is our generosity that we speak to ur language when u hindians are in cities like blore.:x better understand that!
what national language?Holy sh!t?
English anytime.we are not panjabis or haryanvis to have a problem with british.better learn History.

When Britishers ruled Calcutta was Indias Biggest city.Madras was a thriving business city.all developement got centralized once after India gov focussed developments(northistan) on Bombay and Delhi?

what reasons?DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT A TAMILIAN HAVE THE SAME CULTURE AS YOURS? NO!They are orthodox preserves their LANG and Tamil Culture and I feel proud of them
ah now i get it u dont have a problem with hindi u have a problem with the fact no gives u bhau; tollywood is crap when compared to bollywood; hell any fat married muchad can act in ur tollywood movies :lol: u have a problem with the fact that s.india plays an insignificant role in indian politics thereby has little speak in national politics; u have a problem with ah forget it i love south india for its idlis and dosas screw u

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
hell any fat married muchad can act in ur tollywood movies :lol: u

in the films the the weight of the actors are not counted..but the acting is ..so in the present south indians have more talented actors than bollywood..its a fact....just look at the acting of the kamal hassan,mohan lal and mammootty..even our comedian can act better than that of the bollywood (exceptions are their like AmitaBH and Nana patekar..etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom