MUMBAI controversy

what do u think about this controversy ?

• political gimmick and i dont agree to such claims

Votes: 56 77.8%
  • not a political gimmick and i am with this

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • i dont care

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

red_devil

Back!
Guys what is your opinion about the latest controversy surrounding the claim made by Raj Thackerey about mumbai being for maharashtrians only.

i feel its B$ ... how can somebody make such claims ??

EDIT:

sorry for posting in the wrong section. i think it is more suited for the "Fight Club" section. so mods pls move this
sorry once again :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I think this is bull$h1t and a big blow to the "unity and diversity" mantra of India. I condemn the act and would surely like to see Raj Thakrey behind bars.

When he says Amitabh hasn't done enuf for mumbai, I can understand. He has the money and power to bring about lotsa changes but why poor hawkers from other states? What will beating and assaulting then prove? Thats just being coward by the navnirman sena. Truely pathetic!

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
He has realised that gaining Maharashtrians support will be an easy claim to political fame.So he is playing this maharashtrians-only card.He says that all the jobs in Maharashtra are hijacked by North-indians and maharashtrians are left jobless.Like Hell, I say.!:mad:

Pathik

Google Bot
Raj Thackeray sucks. He doesn't have as much appeal as Bal Thackeray.
Khaali shaana ban ne ko speeches de raha hai.

praka123

left this forum longback
next we can expect Vattal Nagraj &Co trying this card in Bangalore.sooner than what you expect!
Tamilians,beware of Bangalore! :evil:
Northies too!
what to say!nobody wants to feel their city going to the hands of hindi speakers :)

Yes,I am against these sons of soil slogans.

Chennai sets an example of How other state people following tamil and NOT Hindi!I bow to Chennaites :p

din

Tribal Boy
@praka123

The most funny thing I have seen is in Kerela - The Siva Sena has official unit here !!!! I think its near Trivandrum or so.

In Mumbai, they are using 'Manninte makkal' slogans to keep the mallus away, here we started units for them :D

praka123

left this forum longback
^shiv sena is in Mattanchery area I suppose!.also it "aamchi mumbai" and in kannada "Mannina Maga " :p

Bombay from 1960's under that devil thackrey killed,looted forced off Malayalis and other south Indians :x !this sucks!

I sincerely hopes Banglore does not. :-|

personally,I feel bombay should go as a different state(like NCR) and remaining MH with Pune as Capital serves these Marathis fine :)

worst,I heard this MH'ians claims on Belgaum,Karnataka,while Karnataka claims on our Kasaragode!wtf happening :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
next we can expect Vattal Nagraj &Co trying this card in Bangalore.sooner than what you expect!
Tamilians,beware of Bangalore! :evil:
Northies too!
what to say!nobody wants to feel their city going to the hands of hindi speakers :)

Yes,I am against these sons of soil slogans.

Chennai sets an example of How other state people following tamil and NOT Hindi!I bow to Chennaites :p
Lol.hindi speakers rules.
prakash again?Why are you so scared of hindi speakers,did they pwn you real bad(just j\k).

mumbai is so overpopulated I dont know how people even breathe there.
But hey who is this raj thakrey to decide?These politicians suck bigtime,they will divide us on the basis of cast,religion,and now this,bloody suckers.

praka123

left this forum longback
^in this case,Im not against Hindians.but,I want to say,dont force ur punjabi/Hindi culture on other states when ur there.learn to accustom with their culture.

Esp in Blore,a southern city,where kannada is least spoken while Hindi is getting gain due to northies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Guys what is your opinion about the latest controversy surrounding the claim made by Raj Thackerey about mumbai being for maharashtrians only.

To hell with him :mad: THIS IS INDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

^in this case,Im not against Hindians.but,I want to say,dont force ur punjabi/Hindi culture on other states when ur there.learn to accustom with their culture.

Hindi is the easiest language in this world & our national langauge. Nobody is forcing it on anyone, if you wanna mingle in India you need to know hindi. So waht's wrong in teaching hindi

Hindi is getting gain due to northies.

Uncle, don't use such words here.....seriously :mad: We are indians & that's all which is true.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^..and Hindi is NOT our Language;use English better !it is a universal language and not limited to India.we dont want Hindi enforcement in South India.better keep it in north!/

Rahim

Married!
All this talk of forcing once language on others, here is my example. Born in Bengal and now 23 years on i cant even speak 5 lines of Bengali to be honest.
I speak Hindi while interacting with my Bangali freinds while they use Bengali. My freinds tease for this!!!!

din

Tribal Boy
I am not against any language. But I will mention an incident.

Happened 1 yr back when I was learing car driving. The instructor - a lady - was not good in English or Hindi, was teaching us. My turn over and my wife sat in the driver seat. when it reached their office, two north Indian ladies (also came for learning) sat on my seat. The first lady started talking to next thinking I/my wife/instructor do not know Hindi. she was like - people in kerala are not good etc etc. And she told the other lady that, she didn't like Kerala mainly because people in Kerala do not talk Hindi much. For example she says, she went to soms shops, they didn't reply in Hindi, she was explaining it like people in Kerala are doing some big crime by not speaking or replying in Hindi !!!

I listened to it pretending I do not know Hindi at all. After she finished talking (about 30 mins), I asked her - Kya thum Khatai ko jante ho ? (Khataison, a reputed handycraft shop in Cochin, their son is my friend) and I started speaking in Hindi (of course not fluent but not that bad lol). The lady answered and stopped talking fully !!! She didn't open her mouth till we reached the office again :D

What surprises me is - Why people in Kerala is supposed to learn and speak Hindi ? ? If people here go to North India, will they talk us in Malayalam ? ?

What I think is language is something like a color. If we like red, fine, use that, if we like blue too, fine use that too. Why forcing anyone for speaking any specific language ? ? Let it be our national language or let it be our state language.

@gx_saurav

Sorry, but a very polite question. How many languages you learnt ? Less than 5 may be ? Then how you found that Hindi is the easiest language in the world ? ? If I says it is not true, but Konkani is the easiest language (yes thats my mother toung!) ? ? If some guy form Karnatake says Kannada is easiest ? ?

There is nothing like that - except the Japanese language which all agree is not at all easy lol ;) Now do not attack me telling I am anit- Japanese lol.

praka123

left this forum longback
@din:you Explained it well :)! and for my case,I can proudly say I can manage Hindi(very well),Urdu,Tamil(very well),Kannada along with Mother Tongue Malayalam.Now I want to ask any Hindian to say such a word :rolleyes:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@din:you Explained it well :)! and for my case,I can proudly say I can manage Hindi(very well),Urdu,Tamil(very well),Kannada along with Mother Tongue Malayalam.Now I want to ask any Hindian to say such a word :rolleyes:

Nope prakash,din dint adocate your idiology(don't force this on this and blah and blah and some more blah),he said you do whatever you like,for e.g. if you feel you can't survive in banglore without tamil(or whichever language is native there) then you should learn that and if you think you can manage without it then why the fugg would you like to learn a language.

and for my case,I can proudly say I can manage Hindi(my native tongue),Urdu,Punjabi,English,and soon I'll start 'managing' French too:)D),and maybe a couple of other languages too 10 years down the lane.Now I want to ask any non-Hindian to say such a word.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
What I think is language is something like a color. If we like red, fine, use that, if we like blue too, fine use that too. Why forcing anyone for speaking any specific language ? ? Let it be our national language or let it be our state language.
Wrong!! Language is something like an operating system. If we like windows, fine, use that, if we like linux too, fine use that too. Why forcing anyone for using any specific OS ? ? Let it be our national OS (Windows) or let it be our state OS (Linux)

:D :D :D

praka123

left this forum longback
^state OS is anytime better 8)

On other note,Hindians cant get how it will be for Chinese/Americans/Koreans to learn Hindi :rolleyes: same goes to Tamils,Malayalees and 90% south except may be few parts of Karnataka and Hyderabad.
@devil:I'm not blahing!think urself,get ur mind out of Hindian and Hindi enforcement u'll get to know wht am saying :x

My point is these Hindians,be it BIMARU's or any,should make it a habit learn English somehow if they want to interact with South Indians.even better let the proud Hindian learn Tamil.what say?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
raj thackeray is trying to win marathi votes thats all shiv sena has done the same in the past ;) MNS supported the guys who were "allegedly" involved in the marriot molestation case ... MNS currently is good for nothing party inorder to make his presence felt he does such acts .... he is organising a bandh in nerul which is not even in mumbai for this :lol:

mediator

Technomancer
UNiversal language? I guess that wud be sign language!! And why debate over culture corrosion? Isn't South INDIA the place which has the highest number of christian converts? Their wonderful culture converted at the hands of English mercenaries and "forced" to learn English??

If large number of "Northies" are gathering up in bangalore etc and celebrating their culture "among" themselves", then why such irritation among others? People aren't forcing anything unlike a few souls like those English mercenaries!!

If the behaviour of exceptions is seen as the general behaviour of majority, then shud I assume whole Maharasthra is like Raj thakarey and whole South against North??

din said:
I listened to it pretending I do not know Hindi at all. After she finished talking (about 30 mins), I asked her - Kya thum Khatai ko jante ho ? (Khataison, a reputed handycraft shop in Cochin, their son is my friend) and I started speaking in Hindi (of course not fluent but not that bad lol). The lady answered and stopped talking fully !!! She didn't open her mouth till we reached the office again
A few southies from my college never spoke to us. Inspite of us being extra-nice to them, they acted like we "northies" in our northern land are some bad people/gangsters. Speaking to em in Hindi, they acted like they r complete retards and knew no language!! How are we supposed to understand that they r from south?? They cud be southerners who were brought up in Bihar or maharasthra or may be "North"? AM I genius? Nope!! They cud have simply pointed in English, ofcors, that they r from South and don't know Hindi well!! I hope u understand!!

So giving such "exceptional" examples makes no sense, as in general nobody likes to discriminate!!

So @all please keep the unnecessary language rhetorics to urselves and discuss the real picture prevailing in Maharashthra.

I really feel sympathetic towards those poor people who went their for earning a small bread for their family......and their taxis and small time eatery thrashed by those goons. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom