Multiple queries on OpenSuSE 10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
tech_your_future said:
Open a terminal and type limewire in there. And see what error it gives.

Here's the output:
limewire
Starting LimeWire...
Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
OOPS, you don't seem to have a valid JRE. LimeWire works best with Sun JRE available at *www.java.com
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in /usr/lib/ hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from *www.java.com
ls: cannot access /usr/java/j*: No such file or directory
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in /usr/java/ hierarchy
ls: cannot access /opt/j*: No such file or directory
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in /opt/ hierarchy

I've installed JRE, but where have I messed it up? Should there be a /usr/java ? I didn't find it :(

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
have you install sun java? If yes, then which version? If the version is greater than 1.4.x then where have you installed it?

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Yes, I've installed it according the website says here and the version is 1.5. I've installed in /usr/local and elsewhere as well, but I don't remember the directory name :oops: but I'm still getting that error :(

mehulved

Simply install jre from the package manager and then install limewire again. Limewire, too from package manager would be a good idea.

mehulved

Have you set up the repositories properly? If not then find the proper repositories and set them up. linux.wordpress.com had a nice article on suse 10.2's repositories, search for it.
For jre, search for sun-java and for jdk it should be sun-java-devel I guess.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

yes!! I've setup the repos properly, according the tut given by JGuru. yast2 doesn't show sun-java or sun-java-devel!!! :eek::eek: Now what?! :confused: I had given the same link for someone else here :D :p But, not all are tested to perfection.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
in the addon cd don't look for JRE, you won't find it. Look for sun, and select the following
java-1_5_0-sun
java-1_5_0-sun-alsa
java-1_5_0-sun-devel
java-1_5_0-sun-plugin

or higher version, in 10.2 it must be 6

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

@Nucleus-Your suggestion worked like a charm!! Thanks! I thought that CD would not really come handy. Well, the versions are the same as which you mentioned ;)

@T_Y_F-Checked the site, but the repos refuse to work and throws up errors that directory can't be created.

Well, java matter settled. What about my floppy drive? :D :D

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Didn't want to start a new thread, so posting it here.

Getting this error for the first time when installing Limewire. What does it exactly mean, why is it happening and how to fix it?

*i12.tinypic.com/2iaxsw1.png

mehulved

Well try gpg key of the package is missing. Well you will have to add it. Now, someone using suse can help you with this or google it.
Or maybe it's not signed at all, then to install it, check security level in preferences or somewhere and change it to 'checksum' or 'none' as it's said in there.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
An easy way is to download the limewire rpm from limewire site and install it with Kpackage manager

If it refuses to install override check dependencies. I SAID ONLY IF IT REFUSES TO INSTALL
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom