MTNL Triband - 590NU users plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
adorablesrini said:
wel follow these steps to Log off(From Windows) or Restart(The Comp) or Switch off the comp!!

1.Make a shortcut (anywhere).In its Links properties select the shutdown.exe(its in System32 folder).

2.Now in ur Task Scheduler.Add this Shortcut as the program to be run at the desired timing!!

3.Now after adding the task.It will be shown in the Scheduler.Right Click on it and access its properties!!

4.Here in the Run section u'l c the path as path\shutdown.exe.Now add the following parameters for the desired effect!!

add -s to shutdown the comp!!! (for eg. "path\shutdown.exe -s")
add -r to restart the comp!!!
add -l to log off
add -f to forcefully shut progs n log off!

6.(also in my case i had to enable the "Run only if logged on" option to make it work!!

( hi rolcage i tried the shutdown option and yes it does shuts at the specified time !! so i hope the log off option shud also work)

Yes .. thats a good option in the windows itself .. but i was getting some .. passwaord error .. so i dumped that.
and tried other solution ...

Just use FDM from www.freedownloadmanger.org ... go to the Schedule Tab .. make one to shutdown at 07:55 am everyday .. :wink:

*img91.imageshack.us/img91/9702/shutdownschedule1bx.th.jpg

But the problem doesnt end here ... I have asked so many times from the 1504 ...
& always the same answer that you gotta Switch - off the CPE and there is no change in the IP .. or server thingi :?

MTNL(Delhi) - 590NU PLAN HAS HARDWARE LOGIN N LOGOUT *img39.imageshack.us/img39/5053/spy1gl.gif

avdhut_s said:
is it true that MTNL has already discontinued providing Night Unlimited plan ?
coz when i registered for triband, couple of weeks back at Mazgaon exchange , receptionist told me tht they wont be giving NU plans. so i withdrew my application for triband.
then how come u guys r getting NU plan?

Inquire again .. I have applied for 590NU .. they are goin to give me that in 2-3 days.

zegulas

Traceur
Hey dude the NU plan is still working but they have limited members, the membership was based on first come - first served basis. So maybe in ur region the no of members have crossed the limit, that is why u r not getting membership for NU plan. But it is still working for those who took it before. :p

Deep

Version 2.0
Hi,
I finally got NU plan at home and I tested it by downloading without disconnecting the net at 12

Here in Mumbai, net always gets disconnected at 11.53 PM and logicailly it assignes new IP, so I did not switch off the modem and started the download.

As expected I was not charged a single penny for the downloads between 12 - 8

Here is the MTNL sessions page info:

Start Date ------------------------------- End Date --------------- Quantity Billed (MB) --------------- Download Bytes --------------- Upload Bytes

13/Nov/2005 00:00:57 --------------- 13/Nov/2005 08:00:14-------------------- 0 --------------- 720105056.747435407029181 --------------- 171306094

So in short, there is no need to switch off the modem at 12 because it automatically changes the IP.

Regards,
Deep

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I got 590NU today .. will check this out ..

btw deep .. the clock of mtnl(delhi) is ahead by 8 minutes..
on the session history page

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Switching off the CPE is required

Deep ...
I was testing the new connection the whole day ..
I wont say much blah blah .. just wanna show you the Screenshot ....
That .. there is no - automatic change in IP here in Delhi :evil: :evil: :twisted:
*img107.imageshack.us/img107/9884/newbitmapimage2yl.png

Regards
rollcage

Deep

Version 2.0
Re: Switching off the CPE is required

rollcage said:
Deep ...
I was testing the new connection the whole day ..
I wont say much blah blah .. just wanna show you the Screenshot ....
That .. there is no - automatic change in IP here in Delhi :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Regards
rollcage

oouch..that sucks..diconnecting mainually is pain :(

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Yes thats true .. really pain in ass to do that .. moreover their server clock is wrong too ... so double trouble :evil: :evil:

Only reason I still recommend to other people is bcoz of its bandwith stability .. & Constant Speed.

c2b2

Right off the assembly line
I got my Triband NU just a few days back. They've not discontinued the scheme.

As for the Night free usage, i manually restart the modem at 12.05 am, start my downloads and go to sleep. I used a ShutDown Manager to shutdown my PC at 7.50 AM. I thought this would work and i wont be charged.

The first day, i checked my comp to ensure that the Shutdown Manager worked properly (because, Windows task Scheduler had failed the previous day). My PC was shut down. I switched it on, restarted my router/modem manually (approx 8.06) and checked out my usage at register.mtnl.net.in
I was surprised to see that they'd charged me for 6 MBs from 12.10am to 8.06am while my comp was off from 7.50 to 8.05.

Next day, again shutdown at 7.50. I got up and restarted the modem at 8.45.
They charged me for 35 MBs between 1.00 am and 8.45 am (my comp was OFF from 7.50 to 8.45)

My Shutdown expert even runs the foll. script at 7.45:
ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew

But nothing works. So i guess, the only way to avoid being charged randomly, the only solution is to MANUALLY restart the modem as stated by MTNL people. Hope someone comes up with a good solution.

mediator

Technomancer
All u thinking of MTNL 590 PLAN think again..............
I am thinking of swtiching this damn plan. I TELL U MY EXPERIENCE!

Yea as u heard from previous discussions...it is from 12 am to 8 am. You need to restart ur CPE ( i.e router ) MANUALLY at 12 and 8 am for the plan to run smoothly. Now I didnt se any IP change for the past 6 months in this plan at 12 am.

Now what I'll be telling is mind boggling. Every time I forgot to restart the CPE at 8 I saw a reduction in the day MB. So I one day tried to find out what de heck was wrong!
I used to download stuff around 600-700 MB per day and and made an autmated shell script on *nix for automatic shutdown at 7 am.
One day I restarted the CPE at around 10 am and saw around 120 MB reduced in DAY MB. I had downloaded around 600 MB at night only. But restarting CPE at 10 makes "10 hrs" from 12 night ( i.e CPE wasnt restarted from 12 am -10am ). Now 600MB/10 = 60 MB/hr. We have day MB after 8 am i.e 2hrs of day from 8-10 when CPE wasnt restarted !
60MB/hr * 2hrs of non restarting = 120 MB.....alas I found the truth !!!

So the formula of day loss is
Day Loss = ("MB DOWNLOADED" /"time at which CPE is restarted after 8")/("time at which CPE is restarted after 8" - eight) ......cool huh?

So the point is u have to be really serious in restarting the CPE or else ur doomed. This was my previous months experience i dunno if they improved the service to lower the bills...coz now i am extremely cautious in restarting.
This explanation may sound stupid but infact is shocking.
+the router failure during power cutouts and phone calls as discussed by u ppl and me in some previous thread is really annoying!
My complaint letters are still with them...no reply...probably in their dustbin......nice service huh?

I heard of Rs 1000 airtel plan and Rs 900 BSNL one....I think i'll be going after them after exams!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom