MSN Login... Hacked ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Eversince I installed MSN Messenger 7, and login to using my MSN ID it gives me an alert "you're logged in to another machine..." and then it signs me off.

And I'm not able to login... but at the same time, I'm able to check my mails on the same MSN ID using IE, Firefox & Opera, on the same computer of diff computer.

I'm wondering how'z this possible!!!???

I use MSN Messenger mostly with my college friends and most of times from CCC here.

Also I've checked that none of system I use in CCC are automatically registered for the same .NET Passport [my MSN ID]

Am I hacked, but how!!??
Or is it some bug in MSN 7??

redalert5

Right off the assembly line
How about logging into your email account and changing your password, while you are at it change the reminder answer aswell. Hope this helps.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
sekhar,

Are you using windows XP ? If so then windows XP comes with a builtin messenger which might be causing the different machine login. So check that.

h4xbox

Journeyman
ShekharPalash said:
Eversince I installed MSN Messenger 7, and login to using my MSN ID it gives me an alert "you're logged in to another machine..." and then it signs me off.

And I'm not able to login... but at the same time, I'm able to check my mails on the same MSN ID using IE, Firefox & Opera, on the same computer of diff computer.

I'm wondering how'z this possible!!!???

I use MSN Messenger mostly with my college friends and most of times from CCC here.

Also I've checked that none of system I use in CCC are automatically registered for the same .NET Passport [my MSN ID]

Am I hacked, but how!!??
Or is it some bug in MSN 7??

Holy shit i think u are hacked .... (by msnfunmaker)

Just uninstall the msn messenger and also change yo pass and persnal info

This is my personel advice
BTW dont accept files (any extension) and dont show webcam during chat.

chinmay

Journeyman
Hey Shekhar.....i dun think u r hacked....hotmail passport is a pretty secured thing n is v.difficult to hack....i think either ne1 has seen u typin da password or u hv left any comp in cyber cafe or office in "Sign Me In Automatically" mode...in this mode ne 1 can sign in ur id in that comp....if this is not da problem then its possibly "windows Messenger" which automatically signs u in ur comp only b4 u sign in thru msn messenger....in any case as soon as u change ur password ur problem will be solved.....in da worst case even if ur passport is hacked changin of passwordwill solve it...but to avoid future attacks plz put any firewall in ur comp like norton or sygate....mcaffe sux so dun put it...remember firewall is diff. from antivirus so check properly its firewall only....and also put digits in ur password bcuz password with digit is extremely to hack and most of hackers cant hack it....
enjoy.... :) :) :)

chinmay

Journeyman
h4xbox.....u r doin wrong to mankind...this is all ihv got to say...newayz...sorry.....jus temme how u know i study in 12th

theraven

Technomancer
nah it happens
it happens with my yahoo
and it happened with a friends msn
i dunno what the problem is .... but i shifted t gaim because of it :|
msn works fine for me ... and yahoo gives problem only on my laptop !!
i even reinstalled and it didnt go away
infact as soon as i used to sign in it signed me off ...
weird ....
im sorry i cant be of much help .. but to test whether its really hacked or not use a multi protocol IM like gaim and check it out if u get the same msg again

OP
ShekharPalash

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
thnx all... I re-searched today in noon!
there was system, node 03c, where i used to sit cupl of weeks ago just for cheking mails and stuff during lunch... and I found that Explorer associated my .NET Passport with that machine, 'coz once I used Windows Messenger 3-4 weeks ago on tht machine.... so whenever I try to start MSN 7 on any other machine it disconnects me with tht alert 'coz i'm already connected thru Messenger Service of that node...
Removed everything, also changed my pwd now ;-)
thanx for info & sugessions ;-) ;-)

h4xbox

Journeyman
Edit[Nemesis]: Watch what you say here. This is a warning for you.

If he challenges u will u be calm.... ?? temme mr.nemesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom