MSI India GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost Launching Announcement

chetan.g

Journeyman
hello, ... I got to know that Nvidia GTX 880 in Alienware 17 produces more heat (upto 90 degree).

just wanted to know, Nvidia GTX 880 is good or Nvidia GTX 860 in Lenevo Y50 is. In terms of performance and stability ..

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
hello, ... I got to know that Nvidia GTX 880 in Alienware 17 produces more heat (upto 90 degree).

just wanted to know, Nvidia GTX 880 is good or Nvidia GTX 860 in Lenevo Y50 is. In terms of performance and stability ..

Gtx 880m is lightyears ahead of gtx 860m.

chetan.g

Journeyman
Gtx 880m is lightyears ahead of gtx 860m.

thanks for suggestion , but what about the heating issues of 880m as compared to 860m , i have read that those who have 880 are facing heating problems and therefore have to service their laptops within 3 months or less .. eg . new Alienware 17 .

Is this y50 users facing this kinda problem as it has 860m gpu.!!

Piyush

Lanaya
If the price happened to be 90K, 110K and 130K respectively, Im sure people would have posted different comments.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
If the price happened to be 90K, 110K and 130K respectively, Im sure people would have posted different comments.

It is a big Marketing failure I think. Relaunching a product series in India, (a country where 95% of the people believe in and try to get absolute Value for their hard earned money) by first showing off the premium product priced at a range which is absolutely out of reach of 99% serious gamers. Should have announced and released a 60-80k product directly competing with Lenovo y series, offered Good after sales service to customers so that MSI as a laptop brand builds trust and faith in customers and gamers recommend them to each other.

Lenovo is offering a laptop with 860m maxwell at 75k with excellent audio output, why would a prospective customer pay 2x for a brand not even established as a trusted laptop seller in India?

Unless you guys offer competitive pricing, I believe 80% of your gaming laptop market will be eaten by other brands and you will be forced to leave the market yet again :(

Please dont take this as an insult or bashing, I would absolutely love MSI to settle in India and establish themself as a brand people would consider. I am a supporter of people getting a choice of 3-4 brands everytime they want to buy a Gaming laptop in every price range. I absolutely hate the fact that currently we Indian Gamers only have Lenovo y50 as a viable option :/

Hmm,I wonder people have to wait for Alienware 13 for their gaming on the go needs. Honestly MSI sure does give better components at the same price, but when taking account of the fact that MSI Ghost is neither super upgradable (like 15 inch clevos) nor has some killer features other than the size(spec, not so much). I guess the pricing scheme, as such will be soon be matched by Alienware in their next update, combined with superior support, and not to say, better build, although bulky. (I am pretty sure about old Alienwares, they can take a bump or two, in typical Indian railway side upper berth xD.)
I agree with @ rishi_sethi, any new firm, to say MSI is new for this generation in terms of laptop, must use the pricing wisely. Guess instead of launching online, MSI should have gone with the more conventional retail channel approach, it invokes trust in the user, and allows him/her to see the product(combined with assurance of better service). I am not sure of buying a 100K+ laptop online, without seeing the machine before my eyes.

(I know that Alienware 13 might use an ULV processor combined with 860, but then again, it more or less supports the mobile form factor argument made by MSI with their ghost series)

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
I think announcing the high-end products first was probably a mistake by your marketing department. These laptops are well out of the budgets of all but the smallest slivers of gamers here. They are not even aspirational, really, since most of us wouldn't dream of spending so much for a gaming rig, even if it offers the best quality available at a price point that is quite decent internationally. A buddy of mine makes 14L+ per year and games 1-2h~ per day and a lot more on the weekends. Even he's not interested in such a pricey product. I can't imagine how small your market is for a 1.5 lakh gaming laptop.

If you'd started with the mid-series first, I think you would have been getting a far more enthusiastic response.

Additionally, instead of just launching with the specs, go for real-world examples: these are 1lakh laptops; I want to know how they work in a country like India, where ambient temperatures are much higher and homes dustier. How effective is the cooling? How often would I need to get the laptop serviced? And so on.

Hope your mid-series is decently priced because my buddy wants to buy it and I want to play on it. Good luck.

Announcing high-end first is not wrong because putting your lowest end product will only give the brand an cheap image. Look at how Acer was stuck being a cheap brand because it's positioned as a cheap brand? Although it wanted to climb the image ladder, it cannot. Top-down approach is employed in most cases. The mid-series GE/GP will be released soon as it's still being approved in the BIS certification. GS60 came first because this is our flagship ultrabook gaming laptop.

As for real world tests, GS60 is selling like pancakes in Saudi Arabia where it's hotter and dustier. The point for electronics in the end is how you take care of the device. MSI gaming laptops are also present in Palestine, Iraq, and Nepal: these places are also extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

This is so unprofessional, MSI rep posts look like a fanboy post instead of some official brand forum member

Hmm...at least we're trying to be real than other brands who don't even try eh?

- - - Updated - - -

One last thing: You guys need to cut down with your Holier Than Thou attitude. It's not helping.

Hmm, this account has just been activated after the GS60 launch. Is this a post from our competitor? If so, thank you for fearing our coming. We are real and down to earth.

- - - Updated - - -

This is shared by someone from the India's import and export data. (*www.zauba.com/)
This says it all why Indian prices are higher.

*fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10593152_849786198365486_2864732260435747768_n.jpg?oh=8494d8ad226be6cffef22f004761553e&oe=545F47BD&__gda__=1416873355_7325c607d579bd9dfc2c1cead5b87266

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Announcing high-end first is not wrong because putting your lowest end product will only give the brand an cheap image. Look at how Acer was stuck being a cheap brand because it's positioned as a cheap brand? Although it wanted to climb the image ladder, it cannot. Top-down approach is employed in most cases. The mid-series GE/GP will be released soon as it's still being approved in the BIS certification. GS60 came first because this is our flagship ultrabook gaming laptop.

As for real world tests, GS60 is selling like pancakes in Saudi Arabia where it's hotter and dustier. The point for electronics in the end is how you take care of the device. MSI gaming laptops are also present in Palestine, Iraq, and Nepal: these places are also extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, this account has just been activated after the GS60 launch. Is this a post from our competitor? If so, thank you for fearing our coming. We are real and down to earth.

- - - Updated - - -

This is shared by someone from the India's import and export data. (*www.zauba.com/)

*fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10593152_849786198365486_2864732260435747768_n.jpg?oh=8494d8ad226be6cffef22f004761553e&oe=545F47BD&__gda__=1416873355_7325c607d579bd9dfc2c1cead5b87266

Oh nevermind... Look bro, im not trying to bash you, all im saying is, please dont say "I represent MSI",& "I think MSI makes better products than Gigabyte or Acer" on the same account..

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Does it has GTX 870M, 16 GB RAM and 256 GB msata SSD? if not then no point in considering it IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

S. Arabia and other countries you mentioned, the people their may have harsh external conditions, but that doesn't apply on internal conditions. Sure it is dusty outside but I cannot say the same for inside. Hey, guess why Getac and Toughbooks are selling where it is really hot and dusty.
*www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GS60-Ghost-Pro-3K-Edition-2PEWi716SR21-Notebook-Review.118569.0.html
See the temperature section. Burning Hot.
As for Acer; they are doing what they seem will be good here(better strategy, product positioning). They never had gaming laptops lined up anyways, but I do see their laptops most in corporate sector, maybe because they are cheap ? Or maybe because they last longer.
Why people prefer Alienware and bulky Clevo; they last pretty much longer. I don't see how a laptop with 70C+ vent temperature will be able to prevent thermal degradation.
The only way MSI can succeed in India is to have better retail partners and good service channel, oh, and pricing their laptops lower than Alienware will help too.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Given the MSRP of 1.5 lakh, its a waste. only if it was available under 1.1 lakh, then it would be good (still not VFM as Clevo/Sager custom laptops from xotic pc has better options at 1 lakh)

Nobody in India buys from Xotic PC. :/ Clevo laptops have no presence in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Nobody in India buys from Xotic PC. :/ Clevo laptops have no presence in India.
people don't buy because they are unaware of custom laptops. ask a normal gamer about their dream gaming laptop and they'll answer alienware -_-

I agree service is an issue, but that site also has lenovo and asus laptops to customise.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
What's more relevant to the problem is the local additional costs in India. MSI will bring unaltered products to India unlike other brands who downgrade to meet lowest price but not the best.

For example, a very extreme case is Brazil, PS4, it's over 300% more expensive than the rest of the world average price! So for getting an unaltered product, this is the case in point. India is no better at top 7.

*www.techenclave.com/community/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xpf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10402442_850664651610974_1774730583046677518_n.jpg%3Foh%3Dd087e350d28495067c18dacef4a012dc%26oe%3D5463B6D8&hash=1f08543400c1bf297c5d025b9f745522

Pricey PS4: The Most Expensive Countries to Buy a PlayStation 4 - Bloomberg

prasoon2211

Right off the assembly line

LOL! Seriously?

I'm a genuine buyer - you can check your facebook page for when I made inquiries about the launch dates and prices of the GS60. Perhaps you didn't read my earlier post where I said that I would have bought the GS60 (the 860m variant) had it cost around 1.1 - 1.2L. It didn't. So, I didn't buy it. You can also check out the other y50 thread on this forum where I've posted about the new y50 that I had to buy because the GS60 is so f*ckin' overpriced in India! Get that through your thick head - I didn't buy the GS60 because it is overpriced, not because I'm some corporate forum drone. Meh.

And this is exactly the Holier Than Thou attitude that I talked about - you fail to accept genuine criticism on grounds of assumed superiority. And then you claim you're down to earth. Oh that was so very humble of you!
-_-

Well, this is getting off topic. I hope MSI sells in India because that might get the price down for sane buyers like me. If that happens, my next laptop will likely be an MSI though I suppose it'll take my y50 another 2-3 years to get wasted. Until then, please stop wasting both your and my time.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
LOL! Seriously?

I'm a genuine buyer - you can check your facebook page for when I made inquiries about the launch dates and prices of the GS60. Perhaps you didn't read my earlier post where I said that I would have bought the GS60 (the 860m variant) had it cost around 1.1 - 1.2L. It didn't. So, I didn't buy it. You can also check out the other y50 thread on this forum where I've posted about the new y50 that I had to buy because the GS60 is so f*ckin' overpriced in India! Get that through your thick head - I didn't buy the GS60 because it is overpriced, not because I'm some corporate forum drone. Meh.

And this is exactly the Holier Than Thou attitude that I talked about - you fail to accept genuine criticism on grounds of assumed superiority. And then you claim you're down to earth. Oh that was so very humble of you!
-_-

Well, this is getting off topic. I hope MSI sells in India because that might get the price down for sane buyers like me. If that happens, my next laptop will likely be an MSI though I suppose it'll take my y50 another 2-3 years to get wasted. Until then, please stop wasting both your and my time.

+1 to this!!! :)

Top Bottom