MSI India GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost Launching Announcement

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
This is the much awaited announcement of MSI gaming notebooks comeback to India!

*www.msi.com/pic/image/nb/gs60/gs60_01.jpg

MSI GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost is gaming rig in an ultrabook clothing. This will be the flagship model released in India from MSI Gaming, one of the top gaming laptop brands in the world. Availability will be by end of August and pre-selling announcement will be released soon. For more updates, drop us by with our official MSI India Facebook Fan page *www.facebook.com/MsiIndiaClub

-> Windows 8.1
-> The latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
-> The Thinnest & lightest 15.6” gaming notebook (390 x 266 x 19.9mm, 1.9 kg. with battery)
-> Enthusiast level NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 870M/860M/850M GDDR5 3GB/2GB discrete graphics card provides great performance and ultra image quality
-> SteelSeries Engine to customize every key and devices for personalizing your play style
-> XSplit Gamecaster for easily recording gaming moments, broadcasting and sharing live gameplay sessions to YouTube, Twitch, UStream and more
-> Miracast for sharing the game streaming, image gallery, or video clips wirelessly to big screen TV
-> Super RAID with 2 SSD RAID0 gives you over 900MB/s reading speed (option)
-> Dual fan thermal cooling system
-> Keyboard by SteelSeries with LED back light and solid feedback design
-> Killer™ E2200 Game Networking for smarter, faster, networking for all online entertainment
-> Sound by Dynaudio
-> Matrix Display with max 2 external displays to expend the vision for extreme gaming experience or multi-tasks

MKT NameGS60 2PE Ghost Pro (GTX870M 3GB GDDR5) w/ backlight multi color KBGS60 2PC Ghost (GTX860M 2GB GDDR5) w/ backlight multi color KBGS60 2PL Ghost (GTX 850M 2GB DDR3) w/ backlight multi color KB
LCD15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP Wide View Angle15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP Wide View Angle15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP Wide View Angle
VGA,V-RAMnVidia Geforce GTX 870M, 3GB GDDR5nVidia Geforce GTX 860M, 2GB GDDR5nVidia Geforce GTX 850M, 2GB DDR3
ChipsetIntel Shark Bay HM87Intel Shark Bay HM87Intel Shark Bay HM86
CPUSharkbay i7-4710HQ+HM87Sharkbay i7-4710HQ+HM87Sharkbay i7-4710HQ+HM86
MemoryDDR III 8GB*2DDR III 8GB*2DDR III 8GB
HDD/SSD128GB SSD (M.2 SATA) +1TB (SATA) 7200rpm1TB (SATA) 7200rpm1TB (SATA) 7200rpm
WLANIntel 7260 Wilkins Peak 2 (2x2 802.11 ac)+BT4.0 M.2 typeIntel 7260 Wilkins Peak 2 (2x2 802.11 ac)+BT4.0 M.2 typeIntel 7260 Wilkins Peak 2 (2x2 802.11 ac)+BT4.0 M.2 type
OSWin8.1Win8.1Win8.1
Battery6 Cell6 Cell6 Cell
Carry BagProtection BagProtection BagProtection Bag
Warranty2 Year Warranty2 Year Warranty 2 Year Warranty
MSRPRs. 155,900Rs. 136,900Rs. 129,900

Last edited:

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
:cool:
looking sweet +1
any discount(s) on MSRP? :-D

Also, info on Maxwell/Kepler variants of GPU would be much appreciated:)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Well, MSRP is not equal to MRP.
But hey, Lenovo Y50 have GTX860, and almost same config and is selling for 75K and the price will come down to 74K once it is openly availible in the market.
So, if the original price is anything near to MSRP, it is complete stupidity.
None will spend 2x money for that Steal-series keyboard, when they can get any good steal-series keyboard for 4-5K in the market.

prasoon2211

Right off the assembly line
The hilarious part is that the MSI reps keep insisting that MSI laptops (the two lesser models) are more powerful/have better config despite having a less powerful/same GPU, same VRAM, same RAM and same processor. And that for 50k price difference. Unless there is a reduction in price to make things at least a little more competitive, I guess that we can expect another hasty exit from the Indian market. Sad. I was seriously hoping that MSI would help expand this segment (of high performance gaming laptops) in the Indian markets but with these ridiculous prices, I can't see that happening anytime soon.

The standard of living in India is *much* less than it is in US. And MSI laptops are a little on the pricier side, even in the US. And then, we get laptops in India, where the standard of living is much lesser, priced at 1.5 times its US price. SMH.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
np :]

- - - Updated - - -

bump..:)

Thanks for the explanation. There will be discounts and freebies for sure coming. As the first batch of GS60 are only on the way to India, we will keep everyone posted of the pre-selling activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, MSRP is not equal to MRP.
But hey, Lenovo Y50 have GTX860, and almost same config and is selling for 75K and the price will come down to 74K once it is openly availible in the market.
So, if the original price is anything near to MSRP, it is complete stupidity.
None will spend 2x money for that Steal-series keyboard, when they can get any good steal-series keyboard for 4-5K in the market.

Please do understand that this is a premium ultrabook gaming laptop, current competitors of Razor Blade and Auros are not even available in India.

Please compare the right models before claiming that MSI is pricing is too high for GS60. Clearly, Y50 competitor is GE60. Then we can start the right discussion for comparison.

Y50 @Rs.75K in India (Ideapad Y50 (Black) | Lenovo India | The DO Store) is downgraded to meet that price point. Look at how they are cheating people! With whatever price it is, you will get a corresponding quality for it, that is second class. MSI is not following them to offer something like that.

*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10422094_844526958891410_3795976150088278086_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The hilarious part is that the MSI reps keep insisting that MSI laptops (the two lesser models) are more powerful/have better config despite having a less powerful/same GPU, same VRAM, same RAM and same processor. And that for 50k price difference. Unless there is a reduction in price to make things at least a little more competitive, I guess that we can expect another hasty exit from the Indian market. Sad. I was seriously hoping that MSI would help expand this segment (of high performance gaming laptops) in the Indian markets but with these ridiculous prices, I can't see that happening anytime soon.

The standard of living in India is *much* less than it is in US. And MSI laptops are a little on the pricier side, even in the US. And then, we get laptops in India, where the standard of living is much lesser, priced at 1.5 times its US price. SMH.

Really appreciate the bashing of our pricing...GS60 is our current top of the line ultrabook gaming laptop. Please compare the right model segment for the right comparison.

GE60/GP60 announcement will come soon and they are the ones in the league of Y50.

Please realize that MSI is serious in coming back and it hurts our feelings with all these pricing complaints because we bring the best without any compromise to India.

retz

Broken In
I think announcing the high-end products first was probably a mistake by your marketing department. These laptops are well out of the budgets of all but the smallest slivers of gamers here. They are not even aspirational, really, since most of us wouldn't dream of spending so much for a gaming rig, even if it offers the best quality available at a price point that is quite decent internationally. A buddy of mine makes 14L+ per year and games 1-2h~ per day and a lot more on the weekends. Even he's not interested in such a pricey product. I can't imagine how small your market is for a 1.5 lakh gaming laptop.

If you'd started with the mid-series first, I think you would have been getting a far more enthusiastic response.

Additionally, instead of just launching with the specs, go for real-world examples: these are 1lakh laptops; I want to know how they work in a country like India, where ambient temperatures are much higher and homes dustier. How effective is the cooling? How often would I need to get the laptop serviced? And so on.

Hope your mid-series is decently priced because my buddy wants to buy it and I want to play on it. Good luck.

chetan.g

Journeyman
Just want to inquire out of curosity .. can these laptops come in 17 inch screen ... ??

and as MSI launching in India, will they be opening customer service office or how is their After sales services. ??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10422094_844526958891410_3795976150088278086_n.jpg

GeForce GTX 860M | Specifications | GeForce

GTX 860m has DDR5 RAM, not DDR3
instead of 1tb 7200rpm hdd, a 256 GB SSD + 1tb 5400rpm hdd would be justified for the price tag

different backlit keyboard wont certainly help in game performance

ODD doesn't really matter these days when almost all devices have a USB interface.

also

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
GeForce GTX 860M | Specifications | GeForce

GTX 860m has DDR5 RAM, not DDR3
instead of 1tb 7200rpm hdd, a 256 GB SSD + 1tb 5400rpm hdd would be justified for the price tag

different backlit keyboard wont certainly help in game performance

also

+ Y50 has a 1tb+8gb SSHD (WD black/green variants; though a 5400RPM drive)

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
802.11ac is bad really!?
Killer cards, even though have lower latency, cannot match the usability of Intel 7260ac in a college environment.
Also 802.11ac potentially provides better speeds(although that is useless in India).

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
802.11ac is bad really!?
Killer cards, even though have lower latency, cannot match the usability of Intel 7260ac in a college environment.
Also 802.11ac potentially provides better speeds(although that is useless in India).

hahah:cool:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Good to see at least someone understood my point.
MSI rep put:
1. Crying smiley to Lenovo spec as it didn't have the 'wide-angle' phrase in their spaces.
2. Crying smiley for 1TB HDD as it is 5400rpm in Y50. Mate, there is 0 practical difference between 5400 and 7200rpm HDDs apart from more heat generation.
You run 7200rpm HDD in hot, humid weather inside a laptop which do not have direct cooling to HDD slot. Well, may the god save you.
3. Crying smiley for LAN spaces? Mate, practically, we don't even need the speed of 802.11ac. Not only in India but not a single place in the world have publicly available inernet which can utilize bandwidth of 802.11ac or any gigabit Ethernet.
4. Crying smiley for keyboard? Good point. Keep your finger crossed and expect some show-off kids, will buy this laptop only for that multicolor back-lit Steelseries keyboard. :D

As I have said already:

Only good difference is GPU. But paying 2x more only for that?
Most people in India won't.

Over to GE/GP60 series.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This is so unprofessional, MSI rep posts look like a fanboy post instead of some official brand forum member

Last edited:
Top Bottom