MSI India GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost Launching Announcement

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
+1 to this!!! :)

We cannot accept these criticisms about MSI being overpriced in India because it is NOT. If you think we're a prick or anything, we wouldn't be here replying. Tell me if other brands do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Just because we cannot offer lower prices, then we're "Holier Than Thou attitude" is really illogical. We are people also, not just a company with a company tag. Please remember that.

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
1.5x the Price in USA? Overpriced as hell. You need to understand our points also. All of us want MSI to settle in India so that we have our options. I myself am waiting for the GT series, but check out the forum. Look at the budget buyers are presenting; it rarely exceed 60k.

Our point is at such a price point MSI will not be able to hold firm ground on this country. I personally dont want this happen. And if you guys also do not understand this well then bye-bye. You keep demeaning Y50 for being compromised to reach this price point. If MSI would have done the same thing not a single soul would have complaned. In India value for money is the 1st criteria!
Really man. Look at the case of Micromax or Xiaomi; they've become so damn popular cause their in the medium price range of mobiles ~15k but offer exceptional specs (In case of MMX I'm speaking with reference to last year).

BTW I was expecting the price of the GT70 Dominator to be around 1.2 lacs (Base).
Any info about the price?

gsk

Right off the assembly line
I think we need to stop comparing gs60 with y50 and the pricing too, as both are much different in the design as gs60 is much lighter (0.5kg) and has a brilliant screen,networking card,sound system,keyboard etc..

And compairng it's pricing to the US can't be much justified as we have to take the import duties,warranty(which has to be purchased additionally), shipping,channel partner charges,etc. Also have to be taken into account.
I too agree the prices could have been lower and most of us would have been tempted to buy it if it was under 1.2L .

It would be more apt to compare the y50 to ge60 and its pricing.(ge60 has much better screen).

Gp series can be priced in the lower segment for the budget buyers.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I think we need to stop comparing gs60 with y50 and the pricing too, as both are much different in the design as gs60 is much lighter (0.5kg) and has a brilliant screen,networking card,sound system,keyboard etc..

And compairng it's pricing to the US can't be much justified as we have to take the import duties,warranty(which has to be purchased additionally), shipping,channel partner charges,etc. Also have to be taken into account.
I too agree the prices could have been lower and most of us would have been tempted to buy it if it was under 1.2L .

It would be more apt to compare the y50 to ge60 and its pricing.(ge60 has much better screen).

Gp series can be priced in the lower segment for the budget buyers.

1.Dynaudio in MSI is the best speakers found in laptops in the entire world. Even Beats in HP and JBL in Lenovo are nowhere in comparison.
2.Killer and Intel 7260 are the best LAN cards in the world. Killer is for low latency and stability in dual bands. Intel is for performance in the ac band.
3.Steel Series KB. Need I say more?

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo Y50 is nowhere in comparison if these features are taken into consideration.

chetan.g

Journeyman
I think .. comparing will help little .. if the product is awesome .. irrespective price many consumers will attack to get it .. anyways ... all are concentrating on comparing .. but we are loosing 2 most imp things , pricing apart:

1. WHEN IS THE PRODUCT GONNA LAUNCH IN INDIA.

2. M NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY EXCLUSIVE STORES OF MSI IN INDIA , SO HOW WE CAN LOOK AT THE PRODUCT AND AFTER PURCHASING WHERE TO CONTACT FOR AFTER SALE SERVICES .

frigus

Broken In
At some point you have to compare, if the GE 60 pro(the one with 860M) launches at a lakh and ten thousand(my guess). Then you can get a y50 with an external monitor, and a decent external keyboard too. Or the Asus 750 starts appearing reasonable.

All this is speculation though, to actually compare there should be a laptop launched first :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
At some point you have to compare, if the GE 60 pro(the one with 860M) launches at a lakh and ten thousand(my guess). Then you can get a y50 with an external monitor, and a decent external keyboard too. Or the Asus 750 starts appearing reasonable.

All this is speculation though, to actually compare there should be a laptop launched first :)

Lol if you wanna game on a laptop with an external monitor then get a desktop instead. Much more VFM. G750JM will give you a lot of backaches.

gsk

I think the laptops are going to be available on flipkart soon .
*imgur.com/H3qEFvo.jpg

This was posted yeaterday on flipkart gaming Facebook page

*i.imgur.com/OSIiVMl.jpg

Last edited:

paragshinde

[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION], Please make GE60 announcement quickly. Waiting on the pricing and specs to decide between GE60 and Y50. (Does MSI have any stores to actually see the laptops before making any purchases. I think a small price premium in GE60 series can be justified if the quality of product is better than Y50, but only a little like 5-10% on Y50 price or so)

Also, will the GT series be launched in India?

frigus

Broken In
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION], Please make GE60 announcement quickly. Waiting on the pricing and specs to decide between GE60 and Y50. (Does MSI have any stores to actually see the laptops before making any purchases. I think a small price premium in GE60 series can be justified if the quality of product is better than Y50, but only a little like 5-10% on Y50 price or so)

If we go by the current pricing on the GS I think we are bound to be disappointed. I am waiting for the pricing too, and I am already trying to find reasons to justify the premium for my own purchase. Really wish there are more choices in India though, and I really hope my assumptions about the pricing are wrong.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

1.5x the Price in USA? Overpriced as hell. You need to understand our points also. All of us want MSI to settle in India so that we have our options. I myself am waiting for the GT series, but check out the forum. Look at the budget buyers are presenting; it rarely exceed 60k.

Our point is at such a price point MSI will not be able to hold firm ground on this country. I personally dont want this happen. And if you guys also do not understand this well then bye-bye. You keep demeaning Y50 for being compromised to reach this price point. If MSI would have done the same thing not a single soul would have complaned. In India value for money is the 1st criteria!
Really man. Look at the case of Micromax or Xiaomi; they've become so damn popular cause their in the medium price range of mobiles ~15k but offer exceptional specs (In case of MMX I'm speaking with reference to last year).

BTW I was expecting the price of the GT70 Dominator to be around 1.2 lacs (Base).
Any info about the price?

I have tried to explain that comparing USA prices will always go to vain because a lot of factors are not same with India. Because of this, please expect an unaltered model with about 20-25% price difference. There's no point comparing as it's the way how international trade differences among the countries. India is one of the most expensive places to import products. To make prices about the same, there are trade-offs and clearly, it's not what we wanted to start off, offering a downgraded product.

Hope everyone can understand this finally.

- - - Updated - - -

I think .. comparing will help little .. if the product is awesome .. irrespective price many consumers will attack to get it .. anyways ... all are concentrating on comparing .. but we are loosing 2 most imp things , pricing apart:

1. WHEN IS THE PRODUCT GONNA LAUNCH IN INDIA.

2. M NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY EXCLUSIVE STORES OF MSI IN INDIA , SO HOW WE CAN LOOK AT THE PRODUCT AND AFTER PURCHASING WHERE TO CONTACT FOR AFTER SALE SERVICES .

(1) Product is gonna be released in FlipKart, as [MENTION=287067]gsk[/MENTION] has posted already. it's very soon.

(2) It will be available online to make it available for everyone throughout India. As for MSI physical store, it might follow in the next phase.

- - - Updated - - -

GE60/GP60 will be announced soon unofficially like GS60 in the forum. Please wait for FlipKart for the official launching.

As for GT series, GT72 will be released in the second phase and might be available by next year 2015 in Q1.

paragshinde

As for GT series, GT72 will be released in the second phase and might be available by next year 2015 in Q1.

Cant wait till 2015. Guess will hve to decide between GE or Y50!!

PS: Why is MSI obsessed with launching the most extreme series in its portfolio. First GS60 then GT72....where is your standard GT60/GT70??

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
The Premium trilogy available for preorder at flipkart now.

This one looks good MSI GS60 2PC Ghost Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Rs.136900 Price in India - Buy MSI GS60 2PC Ghost Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Black Aluminum Online - MSI : Flipkart.com

But is the difference of almost 60000 rupees between this and the Y50 worth it? Could get a killer external monitor , a decent ssd , extra 8gb ram , an external backlit keyboard and mouse combo and still save money :/

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The Premium trilogy available for preorder at flipkart now.

This one looks good MSI GS60 2PC Ghost Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Rs.136900 Price in India - Buy MSI GS60 2PC Ghost Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Black Aluminum Online - MSI : Flipkart.com

But is the difference of almost 60000 rupees between this and the Y50 worth it? Could get a killer external monitor , a decent ssd , extra 8gb ram , an external backlit keyboard and mouse combo and still save money :/

What's the point of getting a laptop if you want to hook it to an external monitor and a external keyboard?

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
What's the point of getting a laptop if you want to hook it to an external monitor and a external keyboard?

Dont know about you, but sometimes I connect my laptop with my tv to play 2 player games with my friends or watch movies with family and friends.

Anyways, to hell with spending that 60,000, how about saving it to buy a new laptop after 1.5-2 years when 860m becomes a bit outdated :p

how would you justify the 60,000 difference btw?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Dont know about you, but sometimes I connect my laptop with my tv to play 2 player games with my friends or watch movies with family and friends.

Anyways, to hell with spending that 60,000, how about saving it to buy a new laptop after 1.5-2 years when 860m becomes a bit outdated :p

how would you justify the 60,000 difference btw?

Sometimes is not always. No point in getting a laptop if the primary purpose is to connect it to a external monitor and Keyboard.
The thing is GS60 doesn't have any con besides the price.
Even though the build quality is not as good as say a Razer but it's not bad.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
This thread is going well :razz: . I was expecting a lower launch price, somewhere in the 80-90k range but everything is above 1L.

So MSI wont ever get my money, I'd rather build a desktop with the latest gen hardware.

Cheers!
AbhMkh

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Cant wait till 2015. Guess will hve to decide between GE or Y50!!

PS: Why is MSI obsessed with launching the most extreme series in its portfolio. First GS60 then GT72....where is your standard GT60/GT70??

Actually the next launch is GE60/GP60, they're the middle and entry level ones. GT72 is the next it the release portfolio only after the previous 2 models are released already. As for GT70/60, this was the previous hardcore model replaced by GT72 series. At some point in time, it will face it's end of life too.

frigus

Broken In
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] Would the GE 60 pro launch too(the one with 860M) ? That is what I am looking forward to.

Actually the next launch is GE60/GP60, they're the middle and entry level ones. GT72 is the next it the release portfolio only after the previous 2 models are released already. As for GT70/60, this was the previous hardcore model replaced by GT72 series. At some point in time, it will face it's end of life too.

chetan.g

Journeyman
Is there will be any physicial experience sites for this !! As , i think anyone prior to using this has to feel how it works !!!

Top Bottom