MSI India GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost Launching Announcement

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
Seriously, I would rather have this.
It's cheaper than the GS60 860m, has a bigger screen and Asus also gives a gaming mouse, headset and carry bag.

Damn, I just hope that the GT series have better pricing. MSI wont stand a chance with this pricing.

paw1

Broken In
What a disaster. Should have waited till you had the GE/GP prices ready to announce. Once can only attempt to justify the 50k difference if the product is truly premium in terms of look and feel. Kinda like how apple gets away by selling its products at 1.5x to 2x times the cost of similar config pc.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Man, everyone is so hyped up over a humble spoiler. I'll try to defend MSI here.

Good to see at least someone understood my point.
MSI rep put:
1. Crying smiley to Lenovo spec as it didn't have the 'wide-angle' phrase in their spaces.
2. Crying smiley for 1TB HDD as it is 5400rpm in Y50. Mate, there is 0 practical difference between 5400 and 7200rpm HDDs apart from more heat generation.
You run 7200rpm HDD in hot, humid weather inside a laptop which do not have direct cooling to HDD slot. Well, may the god save you.
3. Crying smiley for LAN spaces? Mate, practically, we don't even need the speed of 802.11ac. Not only in India but not a single place in the world have publicly available inernet which can utilize bandwidth of 802.11ac or any gigabit Ethernet.
4. Crying smiley for keyboard? Good point. Keep your finger crossed and expect some show-off kids, will buy this laptop only for that multicolor back-lit Steelseries keyboard. :D

As I have said already:

Only good difference is GPU. But paying 2x more only for that?
Most people in India won't.

Over to GE/GP60 series.
1.Y50 screen is pretty washed out. :/
2.Agreed about practicality but I doubt 7200RPM drives will overheat. :/
3.Killer LAN cards are famous for their low latency and are frequently used by gamers. Although, a RJ45 cable is a better alternative but Killer cards are the best for wireless gaming. Meanwhile Killer cards don't have the ac band(correct me if I am wrong) which is found in the Intel 7260 ac dual band. 7260 is practically useless in India but is awesome for colleges(USA).
TL;DR
Intel 7260ac=colleges/very high speed downloading.
Killer=Low latency= gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

It's cheaper than the GS60 860m, has a bigger screen and Asus also gives a gaming mouse, headset and carry bag.

Damn, I just hope that the GT series have better pricing. MSI wont stand a chance with this pricing.

Good luck carrying that to work/college/anywhere. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay the argument I was about to make proved to be a fallacy. I am done. Buying my next laptop in USA. Probably gonna be the next iteration of GS60 Ghost pro.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]: Do you have any idea about what you are posting?
Or you post only because you like to increase your post count? Trolling - ok.
Fanboism - not ok.

I have hard from my old friends here who left this forum, is this forum is now filled with fanboys. Yes. True. Else,

1.Y50 screen is pretty washed out. :/
2.Agreed about practicality but I doubt 7200RPM drives will overheat. :/
3.Killer LAN cards are famous for their low latency and are frequently used by gamers. Although, a RJ45 cable is a better alternative but Killer cards are the best for wireless gaming. Meanwhile Killer cards don't have the ac band(correct me if I am wrong) which is found in the Intel 7260 ac dual band. 7260 is practically useless in India but is awesome for colleges(USA).
TL;DR
Intel 7260ac=colleges/very high speed downloading.
Killer=Low latency= gaming.

here is one reply which happen to have 0 logic and total fanboism.

Personally, I returned from your fav country 'usa' only 3 weeks ago after 2 years of staying there and have got first hand exp on the GS60 as well as Y50. So please refrain from telling (or in this case, misleading) do called other 'Indian noobs' about what is famous in USA collages or companies.
The points, I told are logical and also from the 1st hand exp from the display lot open in microcenters for all customers to put their hands on.
Regards.

prasoon2211

Right off the assembly line
Oh man. I just saw this and was going to write a long rant on this BS photo (which contains some wrong facts, even).

But then, I see that the fellow forum users have already taken care of that :-D

As I said in my previous post, the RAM, GPU, VRAM, processor of both the lesser models are either equal to y50 or less than it. Enough said, one would think. But no! The MSI reps continue with the little farce of forcing their superior attitude and bloated hype (with the weird smileys) down our throats. Sad. As I said on your FB post, please don't insult the intelligence of your potential customers by claiming that the 60k price difference is justified for the almost the same config - and don't tell me that a fancy, shiny keyboard constitutes a better config.

And one more thing: I am not at all claiming that gs60 ghost is a bad laptop. Oh no. I love this laptop. And for what it's worth, I think that the US price is completely justified. The Indian price, however, is another matter altogether. It's completely ridiculous - and that's saying little. I also realize that you couldn't do anything about the tax regulations - but come on! 1.5x the US price? No, thank you. MSI could have cut down on the prices at its end but it chose not to. The consumers, in turn, will chose not to eat into the hype and will likely not buy the overpriced products - at least until MSI acquires a semblance of competitiveness in the pricing.

In fact, I was looking forward to buying the gs60 (the 860m model). I was hoping the price would be around 1.2L. The actual price is much higher though. So, I had no choice but to order the y50 - the only other laptop in India(?) with the 860m. Also, I would love nothing more than for MSI to carve out a great gaming laptop segment in India but I think most people would agree that this won't happen with the current pricing strategy. And I do not "bash" your new releases because I enjoy it - I criticize them because of the poor pricing and marketing decisions.

One last thing: You guys need to cut down with your Holier Than Thou attitude. It's not helping.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

I would consider you as an random Asus rep or fanboy?
Although you have a point.
That model's (i.e. G750jm) Indian price now seems great compared to MSI's GS series pricing. :D

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]: Do you have any idea about what you are posting?
Or you post only because you like to increase your post count? Trolling - ok.
Fanboism - not ok.

I have hard from my old friends here who left this forum, is this forum is now filled with fanboys. Yes. True. Else,

here is one reply which happen to have 0 logic and total fanboism.

Personally, I returned from your fav country 'usa' only 3 weeks ago after 2 years of staying there and have got first hand exp on the GS60 as well as Y50. So please refrain from telling (or in this case, misleading) do called other 'Indian noobs' about what is famous in USA collages or companies.
The points, I told are logical and also from the 1st hand exp from the display lot open in microcenters for all customers to put their hands on.
Regards.

I own a Lenovo laptop. Why would I favor MSI? :-?
If my post has 0 logic then are you saying:
1.Lenovo Y50's screen is better than MSI GS 60's?
2.7200RPM overheat so much that they actually reach CPU/GPU temps and can potentially melt the laptop?
3.All LAN cards are the same?

Then I would consider you less knowledgeable or even a noob.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Guys Guys Guys..., chill maaro yaaron... abb rulaogey kya..
---------------------

But yes, I guess, a 1Lac+ Lappy is surely gonna make alot of ppl look "away" for other options.. . :(

ashs1

Padawan
Relaunching MSI and the first product is a premium gaming rig?? I think its risky and might result a slow sluggish start.
All the best to MSI India.

vineetpratik

Broken In
And not to forget the after sales service and established reputation of LENOVO in Indian market.
I too expected something better , Lets see if they have anything competitive to offer with GE/GP series.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I own a Lenovo laptop. Why would I favor MSI? :-?
If my post has 0 logic then are you saying:
1.Lenovo Y50's screen is better than MSI GS 60's?
2.7200RPM overheat so much that they actually reach CPU/GPU temps and can potentially melt the laptop?
3.All LAN cards are the same?

Then I would consider you less knowledgeable or even a noob.

You are free to think whatever you wish to. But you are not free to mislead anyone who are watching these threads in open forum.
Last thing I knew, it was supposed to be announcement thread, not raging thread what you have started.

Total OT: Mr. I_know_it_all, you are not the 1st one like you I saw here. I was active here 2 years ago and then encountered many samples like you. So don't think you are the 'one' when you are 'one of many'. Next, learn English. Thirdly, this noob here, once suggested more good things to others than you number of spams posted by you. Don't expect any reply from me anymore to any of your useless posts.

geek_rocker

Broken In
^ I wouldn't talk about anyone else's English if I was you. I have seen this elitist attitude from you on other posts as well. Ironic. Not that it matters anyway when we are talking about facts but refrain from being a language nazi when your own posts are riddled with grammar mistakes a 5th standard kid studying in a vernacular medium educational board wouldn't make.

On topic, the complaints on pricing are legitimate imo. Sorry to say but I can't see these models doing too well in the Indian market. Just my honest feedback. But before passing judgement on MSI let's wait for the announcement of other models and their pricing. I was hoping for a machine without Windows 8 though.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
You are free to think whatever you wish to. But you are not free to mislead anyone who are watching these threads in open forum.
Last thing I knew, it was supposed to be announcement thread, not raging thread what you have started.

Total OT: Mr. I_know_it_all, you are not the 1st one like you I saw here. I was active here 2 years ago and then encountered many samples like you. So don't think you are the 'one' when you are 'one of many'. Next, learn English. Thirdly, this noob here, once suggested more good things to others than you number of spams posted by you. Don't expect any reply from me anymore to any of your useless posts.

LOL look at the one who's talking about English.
You are the one starting a sentence with a conjunction(but) without a principle clause. Such Irony.
"then encountered", "more good things" and "you number of spams posted by you" are also superb examples of your superior English. :lol:

I am pretty sure you misguided a lot of other people 2 years ago with your "superb" English.
[MENTION=49633]geek_rocker[/MENTION]
I am not denying the fact that MSI laptops are overpriced but I am also not denying that their components are better(albeit slightly) than its alternatives.

geek_rocker

Broken In
LOL look at the one who's talking about English.
You are the one starting a sentence with a conjunction(but) without a principle clause. Such Irony.
"then encountered", "more good things" and "you number of spams posted by you" are also superb examples of your superior English. :lol:

I am pretty sure you misguided a lot of other people 2 years ago with your "superb" English.
@geek_rocker
I am not denying the fact that MSI laptops are overpriced but I am also not denying that their components are better(albeit slightly) than its alternatives.

I fully agree. I mean this is more like a gaming ultrabook. The Y5xxx series seems to be way heavier and bulkier than the GS60 series. But we can't deny that it is a bit overpriced; atleast than what a lot of us were expecting.

My favourite is, "Last thing I knew......". :lol:

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
So much is being said while comparing MSI GS60 to Razer Blane laptop and it is said that 'Please do understand that this is a premium ultrabook gaming laptop, current competitors of Razor Blade and Auros are not even available in India.'

But: performance comparison of Blade & Y50:
*core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/08/lenovo-y50-bioshock-100370729-orig.png

now?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So much is being said while comparing MSI GS60 to Razer Blane laptop and it is said that 'Please do understand that this is a premium ultrabook gaming laptop, current competitors of Razor Blade and Auros are not even available in India.'

But: performance comparison of Blade & Y50:
*core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/08/lenovo-y50-bioshock-100370729-orig.png

now?

Refrain from posting stupid posts with your "superb English".
"Truly, thou art damned like an ill-roasted egg, all on one side" -That's a direct quote from Shakespeare.

First of all, it's Razer Blade for God's sake. :facepalm:
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] compared MSI with Razer Blade 14" 2014 edition which is perhaps the best laptop in the world right now and competes directly with GS60 Ghost pro.
It has a core i7 4702HQ and GTX 870m which can cream Lenovo Y50 any freakin' day.

Don't even compare Y50 with the powerhouses Aorus sells.
Aorus X3(yet to be released) has almost the same specs as Razer Blade 14". Meanwhile, Aorus X7 is 17" powerhouse which competes directly with Alienware 17 while almost being as thin as a macbook pro.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]: This forum is dead with 0 active mods. So enjoy barking around & spamming throughout the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom